The Incredible Odyssey of Mankind: Ape to Human in a Million Years (Video)

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Well it is actually conflicting,when evolution is accepted with Jesus it makes him a simple ”Good man, moral teacher, and/or a wise life coach” when the Bible states that he is God in the flesh, the son of god, alpha and omega, the messiah, and much more.That cannot be the case when he is combined with evolution; respectfully and kindly speaking
Not at all. The Light of God making its way to the physical world through Jesus has nothing to do with evolution. Those are two different things that are not in conflict.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you really think, over time a single celled organism developed limbs, became amphibious, developed larger, and Miraculously over “billions” of years created thousands of millions of different organisms all across the globe in that time, either becoming plants, mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, Amphibians, insects, arachnids, etc. and eventually became to the point of apes, then continuing onward into different “stages” of anatomy and genetics.
You're presenting this in terms of a Neoplatonic Great Chain of Being. All nematodes, bacteria, whales, trees and even Athlete's foot fungus are equally evolved as humans.
When you take a step back and look in hindsight, it doesn’t make sense and looks completely jumbled and messy, even downright impossible.
That's why we don't use "common sense" when doing science. We look at the evidence.
but evolution is still a theory, it’s never been proven.
Nothing in science is ever proven and there's no such thing as scientific proof. Proof is only found in math. Scientific theories are the most powerful explanatory tool in the scientific toolkit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟733,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Well it does,as a matter of fact it’s done the exact to thousands of children of Christian families after they learn it in public schools or college.
I don't think the teaching of evolution has much to do with people leaving Christianity. There's a host of other reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think the teaching of evolution has much to do with people leaving Christianity. There's a host of other reasons.

Too much of a good thing?

Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Psalm 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,447.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
If Christianity were that weak and disconnected from all reality, then the
sooner the better everyone leave.

It's not though, and it's a great disservice and
disrespet to a noble religion, the way yec and
other deniers of reality bring disrepute to the faith.

The should hang their heads in shame.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Christianity were that weak and disconnected from all reality, then the sooner the better everyone leave.

That's going to happen all right.

People are going to leave Christianity.

But not because Christianity is weak.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well it does,as a matter of fact it’s done the exact to thousands of children of Christian families after they learn it in public schools or college.
What that has done is brought home to them that the bible isn't a science textbook. That poetry, metaphor, symbolism, parables and allegories are not to be taken as fact. That God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold. And that we have discovered which processes He decided to use to bring us to this point.

You might as well say that explaining to children that we are not the centre of the universe, but live on a small planet in the outer suburbs of a non descript galaxy would turn them from God. Really?

Truth be told, and as @dlamberth has said, you have a lot bigger problems regarding people abandoning Christianity than us having a common ancestor with apes or finding out where we actually live.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,267.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I was a practicing Christian till my late teens and still vaguely a believer in my early twenties. I had no trouble whatsoever reconciling Christian teachings with evolution. Indeed, it was YEC claims and arguments that were a major factor in solidifying my doubts and completing my transition to agnostic. (In the intrests of transparency I need to note, as before, that in relation to the Christian God I am an atheist. On the matter of any other kind of deity, agnostic. On that point my indecision is final.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What that has done is brought home to them that the bible isn't a science textbook. That poetry, metaphor, symbolism, parables and allegories are not to be taken as fact. That God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold. And that we have discovered which processes He decided to use to bring us to this point.

You might as well say that explaining to children that we are not the centre of the universe, but live on a small planet in the outer suburbs of a non descript galaxy would turn them from God. Really?

Truth be told, and as @dlamberth has said, you have a lot bigger problems regarding people abandoning Christianity than us having a common ancestor with apes or finding out where we actually live.
No,everything in his word is to be taken as exact fact,the Bible isn’t a science book,but rather an instruction and teaching book.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,299.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No,everything in his word is to be taken as exact fact,the Bible isn’t a science book,but rather an instruction and teaching book.
And you might wonder why church attendances are falling...

Kids grow up knowing that you simply don't understand basic scientific facts. How can they follow any given church if they think that the members of that church are so catastrophically wrong about basic facts of nature. They obviously must wonder what else they might have wrong.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Including the Song of Solomon?
Yes,even the Song of Solomon,Im
Not brainless,I knew from the sheer sight of it your intention was to prove me wrong.

Astro,my friend;Song of Solomon is a metaphor of love between Solomon and his wife,it’s poetry of Love,it’s included in his word because marriage is a reflection of the relationship he desires with all of his people.The romantic metaphors are to symbolize a husband-wife matrimony of love,marriage is the reflection of Gods love for the church.Therefore it’s a book deeper reflecting Gods love for the church.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes,even the Song of Solomon,Im
Not brainless,I knew from the sheer sight of it your intention was to prove me wrong.

Astro,my friend;Song of Solomon is a metaphor of love between Solomon and his wife,it’s poetry of Love,it’s included in his word because marriage is a reflection of the relationship he desires with all of his people.The romantic metaphors are to symbolize a husband-wife matrimony of love,marriage is the reflection of Gods love for the church.Therefore it’s a book deeper reflecting Gods love for the church.

Indeed.

The church is considered the Bride of Christ.

Pretty soon, we'll be at the Marriage Supper in sweet fellowship with Him.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,984.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the testimony of different ex-christians it is mostly the discovery that the professional creationists (Ken Ham, Kent Hovind, Ray Comfort, Jason Lisle) have only lies about the ToE and science in general that pushes young people away. Kent Hovind has convinced more people to become atheist than Richard Dawkins.
At the same time, the grass root creationists, those who believe the professional creationists can only display a staggering ignorance about the sciences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
YSo it is believed.
The earliest known life forms on Earth are believed to be fossilized microorganisms found in hydrothermal vent precipitates, considered to be about 3.42 billion years old
Yeah, semantic arguments over perfectly scientific provisional language is a common thing seen in Crevo debate.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I consider truth to be more important.
Then why do you post so many falsehoods about evolution to this and other threads?
Geology, genetic and fossil records are open to all kinds of interpretations. Some records directly contradict the consensus, which is why evolutionists are constantly having to revise their theories. People got super excited when tissue with DNA was discovered in fossils. Now there is a conundrum. How can DNA survive 65 million years? "Lucy" was supposedly an ancestor of humans. That crock was based on a few bones and over active imagination. Truth is truth. Evolutionary theory is speculation based on a lie. Now it has been decided that Neanderthals were human after all. Funny, I read that from a Creationist decades ago. About time science caught up.
Like this :handpointup:

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,447.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then why do you post so many falsehoods about evolution to this and other threads?

Like this :handpointup:
I often wonder the why and how of
professing christians who find it morally
acceptable, noble even, to be so prolific with
then most blatant falsehoods. Just making things
up, as it suits them. An utterly corrupt and reprehensible
practice.

If I believed in the " Great Deceiver" I'd say he is
at work, corrupting the earnest christian while
bringing down contempt and distrust on what in
truth is withal a noble faith.

Upvote 0