Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sin seems delicious as weird as it sounds, I hunger for more pleasure...BOOM Hebrews 10:26 comes across. This is my destiny? I mean I could still repent. I choose not to because I know I'll commit the same sin again. So I say "I'll wait until I graduate to repent and rededicate my life." The devil is trying to take over my life. Jesus is still Lord. But I still want pleasure. I choose this pleasure over Jesus. Now I'm caught in between Hebrews 10:26, well what can I do? See I want to be in heaven but I don't want to repent. I probably won't understand my situation until it's too late. I will never understand why I'm like this especially my personality. I'm losing my mind but I'm in contact with the carnal world. I zone out to think wow what a self-pitying fool am I. You guys the devil wants me. But pray for me so he cannot have me and Jesus have me. I messed up I wish I found God later in life. I just don't understand why God would put me in a situation where I could commit these sins and never come back. I don't knowz

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sin seems delicious as weird as it sounds, I hunger for more pleasure...BOOM Hebrews 10:26 comes across. This is my destiny? I mean I could still repent. I choose not to because I know I'll commit the same sin again. So I say "I'll wait until I graduate to repent and rededicate my life." The devil is trying to take over my life. Jesus is still Lord. But I still want pleasure. I choose this pleasure over Jesus. Now I'm caught in between Hebrews 10:26, well what can I do? See I want to be in heaven but I don't want to repent. I probably won't understand my situation until it's too late. I will never understand why I'm like this especially my personality. I'm losing my mind but I'm in contact with the carnal world. I zone out to think wow what a self-pitying fool am I. You guys the devil wants me. But pray for me so he cannot have me and Jesus have me. I messed up I wish I found God later in life. I just don't understand why God would put me in a situation where I could commit these sins and never come back. I don't knowz
Jesus will never abandon you, he loves you so much. Stay close to him, he wants to comfort you.

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me... there are sins that I'm just not at the point of giving up. My prayer isn't "forgive me" it's "help me to want to change my heart". Eventually, God willing, I will get there...

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me... there are sins that I'm just not at the point of giving up. My prayer isn't "forgive me" it's "help me to want to change my heart". Eventually, God willing, I will get there...
Me too

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Don't blame God for your situation. This is your own doing. God commands all people to repent (Acts 17:20). You aren't promised a single breath more.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't blame God for your situation. This is your own doing. God commands all people to repent (Acts 17:20). You aren't promised a single breath more.
I know I know, you're right. I don't know what to do.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I was young, in my teens, I tried to be perfect for a month. During that month everything was great in my life, got a job cutting grass, etc... After a while, however, it became too hard and I slacked off, lost my job cutting grass, etc... At that point I told God I would work on one sin at a time. Over the years I would over come one sin then start working on another. Usually an old sin came back but it was easier to over come because I had done it before.

I will never be sin free, no one will. But as long as I don't willfully sin I'm covered by grace. I'd have to repent of the willful sin.

Upvote 0

LostChildinTheMidst

Jun 28, 2017
Christian
✟32,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am convinced I am like the son of perdition

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I think maybe you can relate to Paul's words when he wrote:

"For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." - Romans 7:14-25

Remember that Jesus will never leave you or forsake you, and that nothing can separate you from His love. There is no longer any condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Healing with Jesus

merciful listener
Jun 5, 2014
USA
✟65,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last night, I read a testimony on here that spoke to me. Maybe it will speak to you too:

My sins so great. Sure God Could No Longer Love Me.

Don't regret becoming a Christian. If you weren't one, you wouldn't even care about your sin... It wouldn't even bother you. It sounds like you're on the cusp of potentially becoming more spiritually mature, and you're experiencing some growing pains. Try not to be so hard on yourself. This is my favorite parable at the moment, from Luke 18 (NIV):

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector
9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Just cry out to God. Whether you're sinning actively or sinning passively... He's with you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,825.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
How to hear from God for yourself in metaphor to the old Hebrew Temple...

1. Outer Gates - Faith - We enter in by faith
2. Altar - Salvation - Christ is our sacrifice - It is no harm to pray "forgive us our sins..."
3. Laver - "Sanctification makes us pure in heart" - William Seymour - Architect of this doctrine
4. Table of Shewbread - Growing daily in the Word of God - I prefer the KJV
5. Lampstand - Menorah - Christian character, grace, fruit, etc.
6. Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and praise
7. Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism in the Holy Spirit *William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

It is in the Holy of Holies where God spoke to Moses...

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Romansthruphilemon

Feb 6, 2017
Concord, NH
✟59,907.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you sum this up because I cannot see it?
I hope you get a chance to watch this video, it really is excellent and deals with your situation.

It's explaining that Hebrews 10:26 is not for you, it's to the Hebrews. It's warning them about going back to animal sacrifices instead of resting in what Jesus has done. Not even written to you so you can stop worrying.

You need to trust the gospel, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 how that Christ died for your sins (all of them), was buried, and rose again.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's really good to make it a priority now, because the conscience has the habit of becoming dulled. Romans 2 has a wonderful explanation of repentance in terms of the goodness of God to sinners.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's really good to make it a priority now, because the conscience has the habit of becoming dulled. Romans 2 has a wonderful explanation of repentance in terms of the goodness of God to sinners.

But many can be turned off by faith because they don't realize this is a lifetime journey with Christ. Our hearts may not change over night. I'm not saying "put it off for another day" ~ I'm saying give yourself time to change and be more Christ like.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But many can be turned off by faith because they don't realize this is a lifetime journey with Christ. Our hearts may not change over night. I'm not saying "put it off for another day" ~ I'm saying give yourself time to change and be more Christ like.
I think Ephesians chapters 1 and 2 have a wonderful description of the way the grace of God changes a person in faith.

It's all 'to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which he hath made us accepted in the beloved' (Ephesians 1.6) through faith in the Lord Jesus.

• Prayers
Upvote 0