Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I checked the lego churches out Tad. (st. benebrick)They are awesome, to say the least. What talent! And what a hobby!
Can't quite imagine how big they are. Could you fit your head inside one for instance? Or is that a silly question?
Amazing detail Tad. Seems like they have a lego piece for every detail you could dream up.

It's pretty big. I think I could fit my head in it.

The fun thing about LEGO is that you decide what you want and then choose your pieces as you think will work best. It teaches you to look at things in a different way.

*This post is not affiliated nor has it been endorsed by the Lego group or any of it's associates*

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am having a very quiet evening at home. My husband and children are out of town and I am at home alone. So, I decided I would have a Hobbit / Lord of the Rings marathon while they are gone. I really like these movies. I am now almost to the end of the first Hobbit movie. I hardly ever get any time alone for myself. I am usually busy doing something with or for my husband and children. So, as a mother, I know I should be enjoying this time alone but I am rather bored and not quite sure what to do with my time while my family is gone. They have only been gone for a little over four hours and I have already been twiddling my thumbs.

Get all of their LEGO out and build yourself a church!

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Um... no Legos... Sorry, Tad (clears throat)...

However, I did go see the new Star Trek movie this afternoon, and it was awesome! I really enjoyed it. It was a really good movie. Yes, I am somewhat of a Trekkie.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good Customer Service. You notice it in Australia when you get it. I go to one particular coffee shop often. There are several waiters and waitresses. But one stands out. She may be the best actress in the world. I don't care. She delivers. She smiles as if bringing a cup of coffee to your table is a pleasure. She's focussed. Some waitresses I feel like I am spoiling their day, treating them like a slave. They got attitude and it aint pretty!

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some waitresses I feel like I am spoiling their day, treating them like a slave. They got attitude and it aint pretty!

My wife and I have a fantasy restaurant called the 'Go Away Cafe'. We're always looking for some good help.

Reactions: Godlovesmetwo
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My wife and I have a fantasy restaurant called the 'Go Away Cafe'. We're always looking for some good help.
I think tipping must really make a difference to customer service.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I fell asleep during the first Star Trek movie. A bunch of times.
[/QUOTE]
I've tried to get into it. But ever since I saw Nimoy's pointy ears, I could never take it seriously.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed that in Oregon the service is much better than here in here in Arizona. I'm not sure if it's because jobs are harder to come by so only the best get employed and they want to hold on to their job, or if people are just nicer in Oregon. I also wonder if the restaurant industry doesn't get the respect it should.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've tried to get into it. But ever since I saw Nimoy's pointy ears, I could never take it seriously.

And Captain Kirk having fist fights with ET's who looked suspiciously like humans and sleeping with their women.

That guy was breaking hearts all through the universe.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
However, I did go see the new Star Trek movie this afternoon, and it was awesome! I really enjoyed it. It was a really good movie. Yes, I am somewhat of a Trekkie.

"I ripped my shirt again". :)

I think Star Trek VI was the first Star Trek movie that I saw in the theater during it's original theatrical run, and I've been to every one since.

I saw Star Trek: Beyond this afternoon, which would be Star Trek XIII if they were still numbering them.

I enjoyed it. I would say that the first two reboot movies were better, but it's nice to see Star Trek on the big screen still with these characters in a universe that both is and isn't what I grew up with.

I'll save the detailed commentary because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. :)

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I ripped my shirt again". :)

I think Star Trek VI was the first Star Trek movie that I saw in the theater during it's original theatrical run, and I've been to every one since.

I saw Star Trek: Beyond this afternoon, which would be Star Trek XIII if they were still numbering them.

I enjoyed it. I would say that the first two reboot movies were better, but it's nice to see Star Trek on the big screen still with these characters in a universe that both is and isn't what I grew up with.

I'll save the detailed commentary because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. :)

It really was a good movie. I enjoyed it, but I did feel sad to see Anton Yelchin though. He was way too young to die.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL Just read right back. Tis true that you can't say some of the names of the bands in polite company. Which was why I did not name them LOL
I have to ask, then are we polite company? LOL

We're impolite company on a 'Christian' forum. We need to keep up appearances. ;)

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
When I was a lad Lego hadn't been invented .

We had Bayko sets instead......

Bayko_poster_%281950s%29.jpg

1024px-BuildingWithBayko.jpeg

800px-BaykoModelHouse.jpeg

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I fell asleep during the first Star Trek movie. A bunch of times.
The first Star Trek movie, or the first movie of the recent series?

And no worries, we have plenty of Legos in this house!

Upvote 0