enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I didnt say you did any of this...I was just answering your question as to when would I have brought up sin in her life. And this is only in response to someone telling me about sufferings they are going through and pain they are in.
Raymond, if someone is standing on a rusted nail, and they complain to you that their foot is hurting terribly. What is the advice you would give the to promote their healing?

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond, if someone is standing on a rusted nail, and they complain to you that their foot is hurting terribly. What is the advice you would give the to promote their healing?
Understood......I did not know that you linked yoga to the problems she was having. Continue as you were.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I forgot to answer this. I think this fits.
John 4:15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

This woman was involved with something detrimental to her spiritual life.
A beautiful passage of scripture. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I say if you took the bible and prayer out of school, you should not bring any form of Hinduism in. I also say that if you had/have a problem with bibles and prayer being taken out of school and want it back....you have to also want to allow yoga and Hinduism in as well. We will be in an unwanted place if we are to force the religion of any one person, on all. freedom should be our goal.....not dictatorship only if the dictator is christian. Doesnt work that way. We have to respect all if we are to be respected. We should want yoga in.....cause then, if it is determined to be religious.... you have grounds to also get prayer and the bible back in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
singpeace, I prayed for you, that God would guide you and your doctors in finding solutions to your plight. Pain and poor health are never fun. I empathize. 6 years ago I had very poor health too.

I used to have terrible health and it still isn't perfect. I used to have to go to the restroom 6 times a day and I am talking bowel movements. I threw up a lot too. Lots of tests were done on me. They could not find any cancer, liver disease or bone marrow disease. It was discovered that I am quite gluten intolerant. Wheat Barley an Rye are the offending foods. I am much better now that I cut these out of my diet. Removing gluten from your diet may be helpful. Talk it over with your doctor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
HELLO TO ALL MY CF FRIENDS. THANKS FOR PRAYING FOR ME.

I haven't been here in a while. For several years I tried to be a friend, a minister, and a help to others. I wish so much that I could do that again. Maybe soon.

In the past 7 years I have had 4 major surgeries and on a separate occasion I had an undiagnosed lung infection, and my oxygen was at 55% when paramedics came. I spent 7 days on a ventilator/life support. When I woke I had a hypoxic brain injury from the length of time without sufficient oxygen.

My body is literally falling apart. I have severe complex degenerative disk disease which has almost cost me the use of my hand. I've had 3 spine surgeries/fusions and 8 disks replaced.
My shoulder and hip get regular shots until we need to do those surgeries. I'm only 51!!

Nine years ago I was running 3 miles 3 days a week; going to yoga class twice a week and using small weights.

Each surgery has required a minimum of 12 to 18 months of recovery - each time. As soon as my body was healed from the last surgery, I was being scheduled for the next one.
Just 5 weeks ago I had unexpected surgery to remove ovarian cysts the size of a honey dew melon and a grapefruit. They did a full hysterectomy at the same time, took out my appendix and another surgeon repaired a hernia.

It's far from over unless a miracle of healing comes. I love the Lord no matter what happens to me. I don't try to understand why... I just know how He saved me and that is enough.

I'm going back to my surgeon next week - good lord.

I have started thinking lately that it may not worth living if I end up unable to ever regain my health. I cannot live knowing I can no longer contribute but be a burden to my husband who has been wonderful to me. I know these thoughts are probably not rational but the chronic pain has a way of opening up a whole new set of ideas.
I'm on morphine, percocet, gabapentin and medical marijuana. If I were not able to get these drugs for my pain, I would just leave it all behind.

I want to feel better. I need to feel better. I want to be my old self again.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME WHATEVER THE LORD PUTS ON YOUR HEART. THANK YOU EVERYBODY. I LOVE YOU ALL SO DEARLY AND MISS GETTING ON CF LIKE I USED TO.
Dear Sister,
You are of great value to the Lord and even in your suffering He has you here for a reason. I am praying that your health will return to your body as I can see your hope is firmly established in your spirit.

courage said:
It's far from over unless a miracle of healing comes. I love the Lord no matter what happens to me. I don't try to understand why... I just know how He saved me and that is enough.

Your faith is really quite lovely dear sister and of inestimable worth to God and to others; as well as your family which goes without saying. You have endured much but your faith in the Lord appears to remain strong and that is a testimony to us all. When my mom was dying of cancer her faith remained strong through that trial as well. Some members of the family were going through some rough spots at that time and she would always encourage them with her faith, even though her health issues kept her confined to home for the most part. She told me, "You know I realize that God is keeping me here for them". We would say well don't forget mom we love you sticking it out for us as well. She lived far longer than expected, well over a year longer and even her hospice workers were impacted by her deep faith. It was a beautiful faith in the Lord that she possessed; really like a great treasure and it sustained both her and our entire family. Whenever I find myself missing her I always fall back to the beauty of her simple but powerful faith in Christ. That was our true inheritance of love. A week or so before she slipped away she told us that she had a dream where Jesus told her He was taking her home. He did but what a beautiful race filled with loving memories she left us. Being a Christian means never having to say goodbye as we have such blessed assurance. But as for you God has sustained you thus far and you are right to trust Him for what remains for to Him you live and are a radiant example of His love. As Paul said:
2Co 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven
2Co 5:4 For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
2Co 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

This is our great and well founded hope we have in Christ, which I know you possess but as Peter said, we all need to remind one another of.
2Pe 1:13 Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you,

But remember we are also here for each other sister. So I will pray to Father in Jesus Name for your physical restoration and for the benefit of your family that loves you dear sister.

To Live Is also Christ to those who surround us
Philippians 1
19 For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, 20 according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you. 25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, 26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

May the Lord bless & heal you, Pat

Last edited:
Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I felt that this could be understood as a jab by many as well. To read about all the pain and the fact that she is tired of living this way.....and for one to point out the word yoga....seemed a bit odd....so maybe it it not just guilt in her own thoughts......unless you are one who is right while everyone else is wrong.....then yes the op is wrong and i am as well.

But there is nothing wrong with jabbing. you can own it like the others who are continually posting "yoga is bad" articles. If you had a better reason for forgoing prayers and support for commenting on yoga classes...it is not too late to share the hope.

So.... if I was your doctor and you were complaining of multiple problems, you would want me to give you some nice platitudes and send you home with a script for some pain killers?

Delving into things ruled by spiritual entities opens the door to a host of nasties. Im not speaking as a couch believer, ive lived through and seen first hand what demons are invoked by tattoo`s , martial arts, yoga etc.

If you want to live in ignorance and surprise when hell is unleashed upon you, carry on my friend, but I prefer to call it as I see it.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im not speaking as a couch believer, ive lived through and seen first hand what demons are invoked by tattoo`s , martial arts, yoga etc.
Yes, agree. Some Christians even believe it's harmless to read horoscope, tarot cards, Harry Potter, and consult fortune-tellers, palm-readers, ouija-boards, mediums or other occults. (DEUT.18:9-14)

Reactions: r4.h
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So.... if I was your doctor and you were complaining of multiple problems, you would want me to give you some nice platitudes and send you home with a script for some pain killers?

Delving into things ruled by spiritual entities opens the door to a host of nasties. Im not speaking as a couch believer, ive lived through and seen first hand what demons are invoked by tattoo`s , martial arts, yoga etc.

If you want to live in ignorance and surprise when hell is unleashed upon you, carry on my friend, but I prefer to call it as I see it.
Just because you, in ignorance, stuck scissors into an outlet and got hurt........doesnt mean that others, with knowledge, cant use that same outlet to light a house, or provide heat to those who are cold.

The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof......You are trying to teach us to respect and fear demons.....when the Lord our God is one. nothing is made that wasnt mad by and for Him. But of course, as you have discovered, almost anything can be turned negative and offered to idols.

This is the teaching of the doctrine of demons. I see no fault in your spreading what we can do for demons and the fear of them. I hope that you dont me be spreading the fear of the Lord and the things that can be used for His purpose.

Upvote 0