USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it wasnt meant as a jab, I asked what sort of Yoga it was. If it is with any mantras or with a guru, then it is not innocent. If you feel guilt from what i say, the problem is not with me. Guilt comes from your own thoughts, not mine.
I felt that this could be understood as a jab by many as well. To read about all the pain and the fact that she is tired of living this way.....and for one to point out the word yoga....seemed a bit odd....so maybe it it not just guilt in her own thoughts......unless you are one who is right while everyone else is wrong.....then yes the op is wrong and i am as well.

But there is nothing wrong with jabbing. you can own it like the others who are continually posting "yoga is bad" articles. If you had a better reason for forgoing prayers and support for commenting on yoga classes...it is not too late to share the hope.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul talks about being enlighten....and uses the exact word....depending on your translation. Jesus talks about us being one with God...and even prays for it to happen. Yoga is a derivative of a word used by Jesus Himself.

I think talks about experience in it, would be more helpful than random articles, some of which also states plainly that the author has very little knowledge of the subject of the article: Yoga......but this is a good thing for the blind, willing to be lead by the blind.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The thing is, Lord Jesus teaches us that you cannot serve two masters.
Matt.6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
And since we have been blessed with the power of choice...
Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Deut. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Let every one be persuaded by his own mind.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, Lord Jesus teaches us that you cannot serve two masters.
Matt.6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
And since we have been blessed with the power of choice...
Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Deut. 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Let every one be persuaded by his own mind.
Good info....now explain how yoga is serving a second or another master.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The articles posted by @vinsight4u explains it quite well. Read them.
I have....I stopped when i read the following:
"Secondly, I would want to say that both yoga and tai chi, the little I know and the little research I have done, have their roots in eastern worldviews and are profoundly in those roots antithetical to a Christian understanding of God and the way he works in the world."

Why read hundreds of pages of articles written by people with little or no experience or research...when i can listen to and blindly believe the posters here......with the same little to no research or experience?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not about promoting or demoting yoga........this is about how you choose a time when a child of God is at her wits end and in pain.......to talk about the incompatibility of yoga and Christianity.
I'll admit....this may be a good topic for another thread..... I just dont see the love in bringing it up here and at this time in her life.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have....I stopped when i read the following:
"Secondly, I would want to say that both yoga and tai chi, the little I know and the little research I have done, have their roots in eastern worldviews and are profoundly in those roots antithetical to a Christian understanding of God and the way he works in the world."

Why read hundreds of pages of articles written by people with little or no experience or research...when i can listen to and blindly believe the posters here......with the same little to no research or experience?
Suit yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exercise is exercise, hatha yoga means bringing body, mind and spirit into harmony, but doesn't have any eastern religious dogma, just silence that could be used for meditation, looking within. In eastern thought that is the greatest accomplishment, but in comparison to Christianity it leads to the laver, made from the women's mirrors, outside the tent of the Holies, where one cleans off the filth of the world yet does not bring one to the thoughts meditated on. That is found within the Holiest place for the mind and in the Holy of Holies for the spiritual thought.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is not about promoting or demoting yoga........this is about how you choose a time when a child of God is at her wits end and in pain.......to talk about the incompatibility of yoga and Christianity.
I'll admit....this may be a good topic for another thread..... I just dont see the love in bringing it up here and at this time in her life.
If a child is doing something that may possibly be detrimental to their well being, when is the proper time to say something?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a child is doing something that may possibly be detrimental to their well being, when is the proper time to say something?
After you have healed her and told her that you do not condemn her while also causing those, who wants to throw stones are her, to put their stones done.......by all means tell her to go and sin no more.

Do you have any example of a time where Jesus told someone he Healed to get rid of the sin in their life before healing them? This is a genuine question...I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere... If it is there, I will have to reconsider my position.... It you can find a disciple or prophet that has done this.....That will be good enough for me as well.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
After you have healed her and told her that you do not condemn her while also causing those, who wants to throw stones are her, to put their stones done.......by all means tell her to go and sin no more.

Do you have any example of a time where Jesus told someone he Healed to get rid of the sin in their life before healing them? This is a genuine question...I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere... If it is there, I will have to reconsider my position.... It you can find a disciple or prophet that has done this.....That will be good enough for me as well.
My first post in this thread was "I have prayed for you." Maybe you did miss that. I never said I condemned her, and I don't. I don't see any posts that condemned her.

• Informative
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I forgot to answer this. I think this fits.
John 4:15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

This woman was involved with something detrimental to her spiritual life.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My first post in this thread was "I have prayed for you." Maybe you did miss that. I never said I condemned her, and I don't. I don't see any posts that condemned her.
I didnt say you did any of this...I was just answering your question as to when would I have brought up sin in her life. And this is only in response to someone telling me about sufferings they are going through and pain they are in.

Let me point out, I see nothing wrong with and no fault in anything that you are doing and have said. There are many bringing up the "sin" she may be involved in......Just wanted to let her know that there are some who can look pass her "faults"....and see her need. Maybe people deem me wrong for that. Maybe i am. The Spirit will let me know. For now, I wouldn't deem myself a better christian if I point out flaws before or during healing the sick.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have heard that the poses done here are used to honor idols in Hinduism. I'll see what I can find.
This would be an example of instituting the law which then reveals sin. I could be doing these poses right now and know nothing about what you are about to show.....then after reading, it gets into my conscience that it is a sin, and then it becomes a sin to me.

Our bodies can move in many positions....why make one of them a sin to me? We know that there is put one God. Paul says to eat and ask no questions for conscience sake........yet if a man tells us that this food is offered to idols, dont eat.....for conscience sake. We know there is but one God...so it matters not what ours think of Many gods. Why, because one thinks that a leg in the air is a salute to a false god, we have to honor them and this god as well.....by making sure to never put a leg up?

Can you not see that you are teaching us to learn about and honor false gods?

Reactions: Danoh
Upvote 0