USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, agree. Some Christians even believe it's harmless to read horoscope, tarot cards, Harry Potter, and consult fortune-tellers, palm-readers, ouija-boards, mediums or other occults. (DEUT.18:9-14)
Yes, Some Christians still fear everything but the Lord.....who states that it is wise to only fear that one who can destroy both body and soul. Who are we teaching them to fear when we tell them that they have to stay away from Harry potter?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this true Yoga? Yoga is not compatible with the commands of God, not to serve idols.
It was probably more a form of exercise. Where do you people come from?

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who are we teaching them to fear when we tell them that they have to stay away from Harry potter?
1PETER.5: = 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

1JOHN.5: =
Knowing the True—Rejecting the False
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1PETER.5: = 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

1JOHN.5: =
Knowing the True—Rejecting the False
18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
Seems that you are proving my point with your scriptures, and possibly condemning yourself.....Cant tell when your opinion is excluded. But This is the only way to speak the truth.....post scripture without your interpretation..... So all I can say it.....I agree.

Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Last year, I had a minor sinus surgery, and a close friend had heart surgery around the same time in Nashville. We were both kind of in a state of despair beforehand, although your condition sounds much more complicated. We decided that going to the doctor in Nashville was a form of religious pilgrimage, and I think that makes it easier to look forward to. Last night, she and I were at a church that does healing in the service, and the pastor's wife called those with physical ailments out into the isle to be prayed over in groups. You never know for sure if people receive their healing, but I think it's worth the effort to pray for one. I watch one online ministry that talks about being received back to God instead of dying, and I think that's true. In any case, one can move forward to what's next.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Little children, do not play with fire. Amen.
Little Children can still benefit from the heat of the fire, without playing with it. Would be sad for them to remain cold because the one, who stuck their hand in it and got burnt, taught them to fear it.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems that you are proving my point with your scriptures, and possibly condemning yourself.
1CORINTHIANS.10: =
Old Testament Examples
10 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” 8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer. 11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
HELLO TO ALL MY CF FRIENDS. THANKS FOR PRAYING FOR ME.

I haven't been here in a while. For several years I tried to be a friend, a minister, and a help to others. I wish so much that I could do that again. Maybe soon.

In the past 7 years I have had 4 major surgeries and on a separate occasion I had an undiagnosed lung infection, and my oxygen was at 55% when paramedics came. I spent 7 days on a ventilator/life support. When I woke I had a hypoxic brain injury from the length of time without sufficient oxygen.

My body is literally falling apart. I have severe complex degenerative disk disease which has almost cost me the use of my hand. I've had 3 spine surgeries/fusions and 8 disks replaced.
My shoulder and hip get regular shots until we need to do those surgeries. I'm only 51!!

Nine years ago I was running 3 miles 3 days a week; going to yoga class twice a week and using small weights.

Each surgery has required a minimum of 12 to 18 months of recovery - each time. As soon as my body was healed from the last surgery, I was being scheduled for the next one.
Just 5 weeks ago I had unexpected surgery to remove ovarian cysts the size of a honey dew melon and a grapefruit. They did a full hysterectomy at the same time, took out my appendix and another surgeon repaired a hernia.

It's far from over unless a miracle of healing comes. I love the Lord no matter what happens to me. I don't try to understand why... I just know how He saved me and that is enough.

I'm going back to my surgeon next week - good lord.

I have started thinking lately that it may not worth living if I end up unable to ever regain my health. I cannot live knowing I can no longer contribute but be a burden to my husband who has been wonderful to me. I know these thoughts are probably not rational but the chronic pain has a way of opening up a whole new set of ideas.
I'm on morphine, percocet, gabapentin and medical marijuana. If I were not able to get these drugs for my pain, I would just leave it all behind.

I want to feel better. I need to feel better. I want to be my old self again.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME WHATEVER THE LORD PUTS ON YOUR HEART. THANK YOU EVERYBODY. I LOVE YOU ALL SO DEARLY AND MISS GETTING ON CF LIKE I USED TO.

I am so sorry for your suffering. May God not only heal your body but your mind and spirit with renewed strength and most of all renewed hope. Post whenever you can and take life one day at a time. Peace, love and hope

Upvote 0