USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wait, what?
antichrist wrote the New Testament?

Of course they did. Why do you think the Vatican would approve any knowledge called Christ after the Roman government killed all of God's servants who were preaching the true Gospel of Christ?

Christianity was started by the religious Jews ( antichrists ) who were practicing Judaism. They saw how powerful the word of the Lord was that the Gospel preachers had over God's disciple's so they began stealing their writings and memorizing their spoken words. They mixed some of those words from Christ with their pagan traditions and doctrines and it's those writings that got published as the New Testament.

There isn't any knowledge about the Beast in the New Testament which is the most important knowledge to understand to reveal what the Truth is.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Scripture tells us exactly who "she" is.

She is "The Great City... Where our Lord was Crucified" Revelation 11:8
You do know where our lord was crucified, yes?

Do you Mean verse 10
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

No where does this indicate that the "mighty city" is where Christ was crucified. Babylon is void of people as Christ said that it would not be rebuilt. So how can you say that the verse to call my people out of her pertains to the literal city of Babylon. In prophecy Babylon represents evil not a literal place.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you Mean verse 10..
No

No where does this indicate that the "mighty city" is where Christ was crucified.

11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nope. Scripture tells us exactly who "she" is.

She is "The Great City... Where our Lord was Crucified" Revelation 11:8
You do know where our lord was crucified, yes?

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Not literal as it says "Spiritually"

Unless you can show where dead bodies are lieing in the streets

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course they did. Why do you think the Vatican would approve any knowledge called Christ after the Roman government killed all of God's servants who were preaching the true Gospel of Christ?

Christianity was started by the religious Jews ( antichrists ) who were practicing Judaism. They saw how powerful the word of the Lord was that the Gospel preachers had over God's disciple's so they began stealing their writings and memorizing their spoken words. They mixed some of those words from Christ with their pagan traditions and doctrines and it's those writings that got published as the New Testament.

There isn't any knowledge about the Beast in the New Testament which is the most important knowledge to understand to reveal what the Truth is.

So I guess we can't trust ANY of the New Testament then can we?

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you Mean verse 10
10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

No where does this indicate that the "mighty city" is where Christ was crucified. Babylon is void of people as Christ said that it would not be rebuilt. So how can you say that the verse to call my people out of her pertains to the literal city of Babylon. In prophecy Babylon represents evil not a literal place.

The name "Babylon" in those prophecies refer to the visible flesh and the world it's in. Everything on earth including the crust will melt with hot molten lava that's been getting hotter and hotter since the flood that covered up most of the heat vents in the crust when all that water distorted the crust.

2 Peter 3
1 This is now the second letter that I have written to you, beloved, and in both of them I have aroused your sincere mind by way of reminder;
2 that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles.
3 First of all you must understand this, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own passions
4 and saying, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things have continued as they were from the beginning of creation."
5 They deliberately ignore this fact, that by the word of God heavens existed long ago, and an earth formed out of water and by means of water,
6 through which the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.
7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist have been stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
8 But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
11 Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness,
12 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire!
13 But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Here's the story about hot molten lava flowing down from the mountain tops;

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.
4: Their appearance is like the appearance of horses, and like war horses they run.
5: As with the rumbling of chariots, they leap on the tops of the mountains, like the crackling of a flame of fire devouring the stubble, like a powerful army drawn up for battle.
6: Before them peoples are in anguish, all faces grow pale.
7: Like warriors they charge, like soldiers they scale the wall. They march each on his way, they do not swerve from their paths.
8: They do not jostle one another, each marches in his path; they burst through the weapons and are not halted.
9: They leap upon the city, they run upon the walls; they climb up into the houses, they enter through the windows like a thief.
10: The earth quakes before them, the heavens tremble. The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining.

Zephaniah 1
18: Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them on the day of the wrath of the LORD. In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah 4
22: "For my people are foolish, they know me not; they are stupid children, they have no understanding. They are skilled in doing evil, but how to do good they know not."
23: I looked on the earth, and lo, it was waste and void; and to the heaven, and they had no light.
24: I looked on the mountains, and lo, they were quaking, and all the hills moved to and fro.
25: I looked, and lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the air had fled.
26: I looked, and lo, the fruitful land was a desert, and all its cities were laid in ruins before the LORD, before his fierce anger.
27: For thus says the LORD, "The whole land shall be a desolation; yet I will not make a full end.
28: For this the earth shall mourn, and the heavens above be black; for I have spoken, I have purposed; I have not relented nor will I turn back."

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I guess we can't trust ANY of the New Testament then can we?

NO. Not at all. The only way to the knowledge of Christ is to listen to the Gospel of God that us servants preach. God has already chosen his believers during their life long before the Gospel is presented to them. They get to know God through small miracles, thoughts in their mind that give them the sense of God being real, through watching movies, TV shows, NDE's, and many other ways. All these chosen believers get various levels of the knowledge as they listen to the Gospel but very rare does any of them get 100 % of the knowledge that we understand. That knowledge goes very deep but it's necessary for them to learn how we're going to experience life in the next generation called the New Heaven and Earth. It's also necessary to go to the 100 % level to know exactly how we're created.

I don't know quite yet if you're one of the chosen one's but if you are, then you will start reading the words that God is giving me and all the words that you need to obey to find the rest of the words stored in documents for you to read or listen to in videos. I won't waste any time unless I know you're ready for those words from Christ.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are speculating.
I Bolded the speculation.

Again NOWHERE in the teaching on antichrist does John teach that antichrist was/is someone the Jews would receive as King.

That is purely man made.
That the Jews will receive another as the King of Israel is built into the term Antichrist. Christ means the King of Israel - in the text of the bible. To be instead of and against (the meaning of the prefix "Anti") Jesus being the rightful king of Israel - to be the "Anti" King of Israel, that them in 1John2:18 were already aware was coming, the person has to become the King of Israel.

Don't you know that Jesus was rejected as being the King of Israel by the Jews? If not, you need to learn your bible. (Anti) Christ the King of Israel

32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NO. Not at all. The only way to the knowledge of Christ is to listen to the Gospel of God that us servants preach. God has already chosen his believers during their life long before the Gospel is presented to them. They get to know God through small miracles, thoughts in their mind that give them the sense of God being real, through watching movies, TV shows, NDE's, and many other ways. All these chosen believers get various levels of the knowledge as they listen to the Gospel but very rare does any of them get 100 % of the knowledge that we understand. That knowledge goes very deep but it's necessary for them to learn how we're going to experience life in the next generation called the New Heaven and Earth. It's also necessary to go to the 100 % level to know exactly how we're created.

I don't know quite yet if you're one of the chosen one's but if you are, then you will start reading the words that God is giving me and all the words that you need to obey to find the rest of the words stored in documents for you to read or listen to in videos. I won't waste any time unless I know you're ready for those words from Christ.
I'm sorry but I'll trust the apostolic teaching over your personal revelation.

To cast Doubt on the authority and therefore trustworthiness of ANY scripture is to cast doubt on ALL scripture.
I reject that flat out, so yes, you probably shouldn't waste your time trying to convince me you have superior knowledge over and above the apostolic writ.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That the Jews will receive another as the King of Israel is built into the term Antichrist.

Built in by the later traditions of men perhaps, but not Built in to direct the apostolic teaching on antichrist.

I'll stick with what scripture actually teaches about antichrist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry but I'll trust the apostolic teaching over your personal revelation.

To cast Doubt on the authority and therefore trustworthiness of ANY scripture is to cast doubt on ALL scripture.
I reject that flat out, so yes, you probably shouldn't waste your time trying to convince me you have superior knowledge over and above the apostolic writ.

2 Corinthians 3;
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Where do you think St. Paul, Jesus, Peter, Timothy and other servants got their words from to write and speak the words formed from Christ?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In the fire of his jealous wrath, all the earth shall be consumed; for a full, yea, sudden end he will make of all the inhabitants of the earth.

It says "In the fire of His jealous wrath all the earth shall be consumed" all must mean the lava also.

Where did lava from beneath enter into the scripture?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Not literal as it says "Spiritually"

Indeed, Scripture is REPLETE with examples of Jerusalem being figuratively having the same spiritual condition as Sodom.

One only needs to compare scripture with scripture... wikipedia not needed.

Isaiah 1:10
In verse 10, He is not speaking to Sodom. Sodom was already gone. He is speaking to end-time Israel.

Isaiah 1:10-11

God has had it up to here with the hypocritical sacrifices that we make in mention of His name and so-called worship of the God of heaven. Our conduct on the streets and in business and in our homes nowhere near measures even to Sodom's standards. Now what is so weird about God comparing Israel to Sodom, Egypt, and Babylon? There is nothing weird about it at all! Thus God calling Israel "BABYLON, MYSTERY, THE GREAT HARLOT" (Revelation 17:5) continues to give evidence of the magnitude of Israel's unfaithfulness to her Husband and Benefactor—God.

Lamentations 1:1-7

The symbol begins as a city. The city is obviously Jerusalem, and it is portrayed as a widow. Then Jerusalem is depicted as a princess whose friends have deceived her. Her lovers have rejected her, and she has become a slave. However, the symbol that represents the city is still female. It has gone from widow to princess.

In verse 3, Jerusalem next morphs into Judah the nation. Judah is clearly twice referenced as "she" in the middle of the verse. Jerusalem and Judah are then referenced as "Zion," and in verses 4, 5, and 6, is again referred to as "her." In verse 6, Jerusalem becomes the daughter of Zion, whose beauty has faded and is counterpoised with male princes who are of no help to her. In verse 7, we return full circle to Jerusalem, and again it is referenced as "her" five times, and as "she" once. Clearly, a woman symbolizes a city, and the city, its nation.

Each one of these female symbols is depicting the same thing—Jerusalem and Judah—but from slightly different perspectives. But within the context, it is not depicting a church. Thus, when we understand Revelation 17, Babylon (the great woman, the harlot) cannot be the church under any circumstance.

Lamentations 1:1-7

Here, even before the woman symbol appears, the city is identified as female by feminine pronouns. It is more specifically designated as a widow, another female figure. Before the verse ends, it reflects back on an earlier time when she was a princess, another female figure, but now she is a slave.

In verse 3, the city morphs into Judah, the nation. Then in verse 4, an alternate name for Jerusalem, Zion, is used, and the female identity continues. In verse 6, the city becomes "the daughter of Zion." It is not until verse 7 that Jerusalem, the woman described throughout this context, is directly named. If one would read further, we would see that people have seen her nakedness, and her sin was in her skirts, referring to sins of idolatry, which God describes in sexual terms.

The New King James version uses feminine pronouns 28 times in those seven verses in reference to the entity variously called "a city," "Judah," "a widow," "the princess," "Zion, "the daughter of Zion," and "Jerusalem." Undoubtedly, a woman symbolizes a city, and city, a nation. Each of the female symbols depicts the same thing, Jerusalem and Judah, but from slightly different perspectives. Within this context, it is not depicting a church.

Ezekiel 9:1-8

Ezekiel's blood must have run cold when he heard God's judgment, which appears in the last verse of the previous chapter: "Therefore I also will act in fury. My eye will not spare nor will I have pity; and though they cry in My ears with a loud voice, I will not hear them."

Continuing the vision in Ezekiel 9, it relates a partial execution of that judgment. It is important to note here that the prophet witnesses God actually leaving His portable throne (described in detail in Ezekiel 1). At this point, "the glory of the God of Israel" actually demounts from it and removes, as verse 3 records, "to the threshold of the temple." So He has taken His place in the Temple, but not on the Mercy Seat in the Holy of Holies. He is, in effect, in the gate, a place of judgment.

And this is a momentous judgment. In verses 5-6, God commands some of the angels, "Go . . . through the city and kill; do not let your eye spare, nor have pity. Utterly slay old and young men, maidens and little children and women." This is a summary judgment on the entire populace of Jerusalem!

When Ezekiel heard this command, how did he respond? Certainly not in a self-righteous, I-told-you-so manner. When he is alone with God, the angels having left on their mission, he falls on his face in apparent anguish, crying out: "Ah, Lord GOD! Will You destroy all the remnant of Israel in pouring out Your fury on Jerusalem?" (verse 8).

This is a vital question. Ezekiel is concerned about the people and about the scope of God's judgment. Like Lot, he lived in his own kind of Sodom, in his own type of Gomorrah, and he felt anguish over the sin that he saw and heard and over its consequences—as it were, tormented by what was happening around him. Ezekiel was emotionally and spiritually tormented or tortured, not by what the pagans were doing around him, but by what the leaders and the people of Israel were doing in his immediate environment—and even in the Temple! Their wickedness and what they were about to suffer for it are what tormented this righteous man. In vision, he must have witnessed a terrible slaughter, and the trauma and shock of that vision affected him most acutely. Indeed, a prophet of God has no pretty job.

Ezekiel 16:44-46

Jerusalem here is being compared to Sodom.

Ezekiel 16:44-49

Ezekiel 16:44-49 shows us another way that can be used to identify the Great Harlot of Revelation: by observing parallel conduct. The word "parallel" opens another avenue for consideration of duality, but this time not directly in a prophecy. At this point in God's narration concerning Judah and Jerusalem, He is showing the parallel behavior of Judah with Samaria to the north and with Sodom to the south.

Verse 47 is especially clear regarding parallel conduct. The Revised English Bible translates it as, "Did you not behave as they did and commit the same abominations?" Regarding their relationship, verse 49 declares they are "sisters under the skin," as we would say today, because their behavior is so similar.

This opens the door to consider the parallel conduct that leads Him to call Jerusalem by the derogatory names of "Sodom and Egypt" (Revelation 11:8). At the time of the end, God observes parallel behaviors and attitudes in Jerusalem, Sodom, and Egypt. Thus Jerusalem, representing all of Israel, reveals her spiritual source, which is most certainly not the God of the Bible, despite what the Israelites might say in calling themselves "Christian." If God can name Israel "Sodom," why can He not also call her "Babylon"?

Ezekiel 16:44-48

This passage is a brief insight into the three sisters in the land of Canaan, which were three cities. Samaria is the oldest, Sodom the middle, and the youngest is Jerusalem. Jerusalem, though not the oldest, is the vilest.

Ezekiel 16:45

That last phrase—"your mother was a Hittite, and your father an Amorite"—tells you whom He is talking about. He also says this in Ezekiel 16:3, directly after he says, "Jerusalem."

Ezekiel 16:48

Jerusalem shows the same characteristics as Sodom, as if they are part of the same family

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It says "In the fire of His jealous wrath all the earth shall be consumed" all must mean the lava also.

Where did lava from beneath enter into the scripture?

The scripture are words in a book called the Bible but all the Bibles will be burned up by hot molten lava, too.

Here's the story about hot molten lava coming out of the earth from the tops of the mountains and into the cities burning everything in their paths. I will underline key words that help you understand it's hot lava.

Joel 2
1: Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming, it is near,
2: a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness! Like blackness there is spread upon the mountains a great and powerful people; their like has never been from of old, nor will be again after them through the years of all generations.
3: Fire devours before them, and behind them a flame burns. The land is like the garden of Eden before them, but after them a desolate wilderness, and nothing escapes them.
4: Their appearance is like the appearance of horses, and like war horses they run.
5: As with the rumbling of chariots, they leap on the tops of the mountains, like the crackling of a flame of fire devouring the stubble, like a powerful army drawn up for battle. Listen to lava burning like stubble in these videos. One with lava crackling and one with stubble burning.
6: Before them peoples are in anguish, all faces grow pale.
7: Like warriors they charge, like soldiers they scale the wall. They march each on his way, they do not swerve from their paths.
8: They do not jostle one another, each marches in his path; they burst through the weapons and are not halted.
9: They leap upon the city, they run upon the walls; they climb up into the houses, they enter through the windows like a thief.
10: The earth quakes before them, the heavens tremble. The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Built in by the later traditions of men perhaps, but not Built in to direct the apostolic teaching on antichrist.

I'll stick with what scripture actually teaches about antichrist.
Christ the King of Israel is in the bible. What you are following is the teachings of certain men, against what the apostle John said in 1John2:18 and what Jesus said. So let's be clear on who is following what the bible and the apostles say, and what the teachings of certain men are.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ the King of Israel is in the bible.
Agreed.

What you are following is the teachings of certain men, against what the apostle John said in 1John2:18

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last hour.

What exactly in this passage do you say I am not following or am teaching against?

So let's be clear on who is following what the bible and the apostles say, and what the teachings of certain men are.

By all means, Be as clear as you can.

Upvote 0