• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Three Good Things!

Rbob

Mar 1, 2008
Buffalo NY
✟7,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll give this a try.
1) I poured out my heart to God early this morning, actually wrote it out I can't seem to verbalize well, I wrote a Job type letter to God - not very dignified at all, but I was honest.
2) The sun is out this morning.
3) Maybe today, maybe shortly when I am in the sanctuary with other Saints, God will show up strong, and heal His people. Maybe every one on here will feel His touch, and His peace and love and promises will flow. Maybe, before this life ends, maybe today, we will see the delivering power of God manifested in a sound mind with no anxiety, depression, or hoplessness. Bless you all today and everyday.
Bob

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
1. Weight was down 2. Sermon at church was great 3. Spent a good amount of time talking to my neighbor who is a counselor and goes to our church (I am in school for psychology so talking to her was very interesting and informative in regards to career stuff)

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There were lots of good things about today: Bible study, friends, losing weight, my parents hearing good news about legal stuff, and also I tried progressive muscle relaxation for a second time today and discovered it helps my hand pain go away. Not sure if it helps with anxiety yet...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yesterday:
-Got my online history homework done
-Helped my mom pick up trash around the neighborhood (it's our town's "clean-up week" so that's why I was picking up trash)
-Ate three whole meals for the first time in weeks (I've been having some trouble with heartburn lately, which has made me not want to eat anything at all)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KTKat

Jan 21, 2008
Littleton
✟15,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have heartburn too, it sucks!
today wasn't that great, but I need to focus on something positive...
I didn't have a panic attack or faint like I thought I was
Played games with my son
Even though I was anxious all day, it was nice to be lazy and relax
oh and I found out my thyroid is fine! It's just anxiety!

Upvote 0

Amhacajo

Turn worry into wonder...
Oct 25, 2006
Australia
✟24,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep yesterday for me too

1. Cleaned out my sons room, took me 4 hours and five shopping bags of rubbish. Nothing like the satisfaction of getting a job like that finished!

2. Cooked the mashed potatoes perfectly!

3. Kids helped me with the cleaning up.

Upvote 0