• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  5. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  6. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  7. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Three Good Things!

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Agoraphobia' started by Mrs. Luther073082, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Mrs. Luther073082

Mrs. Luther073082 Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3

+1,220
    Lutheran
    Married
    Research has shown that people who wrote down 3 good things that happened to them at the end of the day increased their happiness significantly over a 6 month period. This is something I've already been doing a little of before I knew about the research, but I would like to make a point to do it every day now. Since I have an anxiety disorder, I sometimes find myself in the car on the way home remembering the embarassing or insecure moments of the day and worrying over those instead of concentrating on all of the positive things that happened. I think this would be a good exercise for me to learn to concentrate on the positive aspects of my day. So tonight I will be back here to report the good stuff that happened today! :)

Does anybody else want to join me? What are 3 good things that happened to you today?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Inkachu

Inkachu Bursting with fruit flavor!

+3,724
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I think this is a WONDERFUL idea. It's very healthy to train our brains to dwell on the positive instead of the negative. Since it's just the morning now, I'll list 3 things from yesterday, if that's ok!

1. My son was sick the night before, but yesterday he was much better.
    2. We had a sunny day.
    3. My period is almost over, lol.

3. Mrs. Luther073082

+1,220
    Lutheran
    Married
    1. I went to church 2.) I DROVE there! (and to other new places today) 3.) My Mom won free bagels for a year from Panera Bread and we got them today. Yay for free food!

4. KTKat

KTKat Regular Member

+71
    Catholic
    Married
    ^ haha free bagels for a year???!! that's awesome!

well my day was a little tough but 3 things...
    1. I went to my sons team in training breakfast without having a panic attack. 2. I've accepted my dogs passing (sort of). 3. I drove to my moms. Hopefully better tomorrow, I'm feeling a little depressed at the moment.

5. Inkachu

+3,724
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    *more hugs for Kat*

1. It's a beautiful, sunny day
    2. Made it to church and didn't have a coughing attack during the service
    3. The pastor called up all the kids and babies to demonstrate how special they are...CUTENESS OVERLOAD!

6. Daughter of His

Daughter of His Believing God

+5,939
    Methodist
    Married
    I love this idea !!!

1--I am exhilariated by the weather we're having-it's cool with a light breeze. (I live in Texas and this doesn't last long.)

2--Got a super sweet e-mail from a friend.

3--I'm feeling optimistic in general.

7. Mrs. Luther073082

+1,220
    Lutheran
    Married
    1. I worked out 2.) I spent a lot of time playing with a snuggling with my dog 3.) I read most of chapter 5 for social psychology.

8. Inkachu

+3,724
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    1. Had supper with my folks, which was really nice
    2. Still not feeling as sick as I was, praise God
    3. The weather's been gorgeous all day - cool and sunny and brisk

9. Amhacajo

Amhacajo Turn worry into wonder...

+632
    Christian
    Married
    It was a nice sunny day for hanging the washing out

The Pumpkin Soup I made for dinner turned out really well

My mother in law dropped in for a coffee

10. wonderous

wonderous Member

+4
    Anglican
    Single
    I had a great nap today!

God was with me throughout the day!

My derealisation is decreasing!

11. Mrs. Luther073082

+1,220
    Lutheran
    Married
    1.) I worked out 2.) I am going to get in the hot tub later 3.) I finally got in touch with my group members.

12. Inkachu

+3,724
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    1. Another sunny, beautiful day
    2. I'm training a new girl at work, and she seems nice and intelligent
    3. I have the world's cutest little boy

13. KTKat

KTKat Regular Member

+71
    Catholic
    Married
    - I got a lot done today
    - I have a great husband and son
    - hmm and my periods over haha that's always good!

14. Amhacajo

+632
    Christian
    Married
    got my vacuuming and a few other things done this morning with no one else around.

had a good chat with my pastor on msn

I have made it through the day relatively well and my anxiety levels have gone down

15. Mrs. Luther073082

+1,220
    Lutheran
    Married
    1. I got 77 participants for my experiment 2. I hung out with my brother tonight and we had another long talk, then when I was going to go in he said "hey come back out so we can talk some more" so now I'm like yay, my brother respects me and enjoys my company :clap: 3. My dog loves me :) and today I will even go for a #4. There were not any tornadoes.

16. Amhacajo

+632
    Christian
    Married
    My daughter was on her best behaviour out shopping this morning.

Got some work done out in the yard

Beginning to feel better with my anxiety today.

17. Amaryllismayfly

Amaryllismayfly Guest

+0
    I am excited because God is in control of my life~

I like my little avatar person~

My family is precious wonderful~

18. KTKat

KTKat Regular Member

+71
    Catholic
    Married
    -my anxiety subsided as the day went on
    -had fun reading and playing with my son (as always)
    -Grateful for my supportive family!

19. Mrs. Luther073082

+1,220
    Lutheran
    Married
    1.) It was an absolutely gorgeous day outside and I got to go on the nature trails with the girls from Bible study 2.) I went back on the nature trails later and took some pretty pictures 3.) Another teacher is going to offer extra credit to his classmates if they participate in my experiment

20. Amhacajo

+632
    Christian
    Married
    1. my husband had the day off today

2. went shopping and got a few things for my card making

3. enjoyed some time with the kids at the shops