blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Thanks for your comments.

Up here in Canada - and down in Mexico also - elderly visitors and sick people living near the border sometimes visit to purchase certain meds identical to those available in the US but at prices which may be down to 1/20 of what is paid in the US. Up here and in Mexico there are some strong controls on prescription drug prices, and the pharmaceutical lobby which has input into controls on those prices is not proportionately as strong as in the US.

Therefore where pharmaceuticals "moralize" against safe trials for cannabis, it may be assumed by those who are familiar with the way the price mechanism and lobbying works that a not dissimilar process is going on also.

(Hence my question.)

This is some meds but not all meds are available this way. The higher price probably has something to do with insurance reimbursement issue, not necessarily the drug manufacture. If someone wants to start a new thread covering this topic and discuss specific meds so I can do some research, I'd be happy to see what I can find out. But no, I do not think that drug companies are trying to gouge us. And I think it is ridiculous to think that people who sell supplements are honorable and are healthier options. (Many make crazy claims about their supplements that make the old snake oil salesmen look like angels).

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Coffee? Coffee is probably the second healthiest drink on earth, chocolate being the first. There is tremendous nutritional value in coffee, and study after study has shown it to be very, very good for people across a variety of areas. It is the single greatest source of antioxidants in the human diet worldwide.

Coffee is healthier than orange juice. It does not belong on a list of unhealthy things.

Some superstitious people have decided coffee is bad because it's a stimulant. And yes, coffee close to bedtime is bad if you want to go to sleep.

Vast doses of coffee aren't good for you. And people have killed themselves drinking too much water also. But no, coffee is not one of those things that makes us unhealthy. It is one of those things in the category of spinach: it makes us more healthy. People who drink coffee are markedly healthier than people who do not. Study after study has shown this, across the board. There have been so many studies done because superstitious people simply refuse to believe it, but it is so.

Coffee does not belong on the list of bad things. It belongs on the list of health foods.
Interesting thread and interesting comment, here Vicomte13. You make a strong point on coffee.
After reading all of this, it appears that perhaps some people feel the same way about the herb.
That is, in small amounts they believe it is a very healthy tonic.

Upvote 0

Kelly McArthur

Oct 11, 2017
Douglas Area
✟6,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Marijuana has definitely evolved in the last few decades.

Its potency is higher than ever: A lab in Colorado has just analyzed600 samples of marijuana, both recreational and medical, and found that tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content has risen markedly, whereas cannabidiol (CBD), which many say has therapeutic value, has declined. For all the acceptance that marijuana has gained in recent years – four states allow the sale of pot for recreational use, and 23 states and Washington, DC allow marijuana for medical use – the lack of normalization among marijuana sales may slow the process, since it gives opponents an opening to criticize. Though the results of the new study may be disappointing to some, they're clearly needed, since they show where the market is now and where it needs to go.

Marijuana has caused psychosis that doesn't harm the brain yet can lead to mental illness. I've heard of people getting caught in the system that forces anti-psychotic medications that actually do harm the grey matter of the brain when all the persons needs to do is stop smoking the cannabis and adjust their diet; if you do get caught, tell them the truth.

You don't need it, it's dangerous, it makes people strange, isolates them and Jesus loves you.

Cannabis effects the dopamine and serotonin levels in the brain and when someone smokes it to relax, the brain is working very hard to straighten itself out. The person smokes more to relax and pretty soon that persons brain is not able to enter into a proper rem sleep and they feel tired all the time because their brain is not resting properly.

Psychosis floods the brain with dopamine which is used for the normal executive orders and depletes the serotonin, the calming factor. Serotonin Serotonin is 95% made in the gut, so you are what you eat. You don't need drugs or alcohol, you need Lord Jesus to talk to and ask for help to clean up your act; the mind is a tender place, I wouldn't play around with it!

Check out magnesium and omega 3's, also B12's... & take care!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God delivered me from weed and other drugs. He isnt in the habit of delivering people from things that are not sinful.

Weed is a far worse drug than a lot of people give it credit for. What it will do is magnify any mental health issues and what could have been an underlying issue that you would have even known about can become a major illness. It is now proven in medical studies that it can escalate minor mental illness. Schizophrenia is probably the best example of an illness that is heavily linked to weed. Depression is as well. Weed becomes habit forming rather than physically addictive like heroin, etc. You need it to feel better and when you aren't using it you feel worse than before it started.

Once you stop using it, it will take about 3 months to get out of your system. You will have some withdrawal symptoms including a period of depression that may even seem worse than before you stopped, but you have to get through that. Once it starts to clear your system you will notice improvements and gradually things get a lot better. For me, one day I suddenly realised that I felt a lot better than I had done for years

And I havent even touched on the fact it is breaking the law and the medical effects of smoking.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: blackribbon
Upvote 0

HandstoWorkHeartstoGod

Feb 11, 2017
PA - Pennsylvania
✟17,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God delivered me from weed and other drugs. He isnt in the habit of delivering people from things that are not sinful.

Weed is a far worse drug than a lot of people give it credit for. What it will do is magnify any mental health issues and what could have been an underlying issue that you would have even known about can become a major illness. It is now proven in medical studies that it can escalate minor mental illness. Schizophrenia is probably the best example of an illness that is heavily linked to weed. Depression is as well. Weed becomes habit forming rather than physically addictive like heroin, etc. You need it to feel better and when you aren't using it you feel worse than before it started.

Once you stop using it, it will take about 3 months to get out of your system. You will have some withdrawal symptoms including a period of depression that may even seem worse than before you stopped, but you have to get through that. Once it starts to clear your system you will notice improvements and gradually things get a lot better. For me, one day I suddenly realised that I felt a lot better than I had done for years

And I havent even touched on the fact it is breaking the law and the medical effects of smoking.

I know someone, personally, who has Schizophrenia related to weed use. He also was so deep in depression that he was often cutting his arms with multiple attempts at suicide! He just moved in with a drug pusher who sells the hard stuff! He is making one bad decision after another. We are praying for him. However, he has to make his own decisions and deal with the consequences, even if that is death.

• Agree
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting way of putting it.
Being a European I drink alcohol ,wine regularly if not often now , but have had any serious problems with that ,but once at university with a group of 'regulars', I was 'forced' into trying marujuana, and it was a terrifying experience for me , truly terrifying .
I was pushed by a collective scorn from the users to do so .Horrible people .Yes university can be place where evil is encouraged .

• Agree
Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting thread and interesting comment, here Vicomte13. You make a strong point on coffee.
After reading all of this, it appears that perhaps some people feel the same way about the herb.
That is, in small amounts they believe it is a very healthy tonic.
No comparison at all .

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know someone, personally, who has Schizophrenia related to weed use. He also was so deep in depression that he was often cutting his arms with multiple attempts at suicide! He just moved in with a drug pusher who sells the hard stuff! He is making one bad decision after another. We are praying for him. However, he has to make his own decisions and deal with the consequences, even if that is death.
I hope the Poster takes note of this post , it seems made for him .

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Coffee? Coffee is probably the second healthiest drink on earth, chocolate being the first. There is tremendous nutritional value in coffee, and study after study has shown it to be very, very good for people across a variety of areas. It is the single greatest source of antioxidants in the human diet worldwide.

Coffee is healthier than orange juice. It does not belong on a list of unhealthy things.

Some superstitious people have decided coffee is bad because it's a stimulant. And yes, coffee close to bedtime is bad if you want to go to sleep.

Vast doses of coffee aren't good for you. And people have killed themselves drinking too much water also. But no, coffee is not one of those things that makes us unhealthy. It is one of those things in the category of spinach: it makes us more healthy. People who drink coffee are markedly healthier than people who do not. Study after study has shown this, across the board. There have been so many studies done because superstitious people simply refuse to believe it, but it is so.

Coffee does not belong on the list of bad things. It belongs on the list of health foods.
I don't think I said it was harmful.

Caffeine is a drug though.

That was my point.

Sorry if I offended you in any way insinuating that coffee was harmful.

I believe alcohol, caffeine, cannabis, opium, Acetylsalicylic acid, cocaine, St. John's Wort, peppermint, and a whole bunch more compounds are beneficial to helping the body......in proper doses and for certain amounts of times.

It is the abuse of them in their usage, marketing and control that cause the problems.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorcery is condemned in the bible, but I don't believe medicine is.

And that is it, simply....but beyond that, not so simple for some.

What is everyone’s opinion on smoking weed? I have suffered from bad anxiety for years and it’s only gotten worse this past year. It’s staring to turn into depression. I found that weed is the only thing that calms me down. I only smoke it maybe twice a week but it relieves my anxiety so much and I feel like I can live a normal life again. I think it’s better than living off of pharmaceutical meds that make you a living zombie. I also work in the medical field and truely believe that all pharmaceuticals are poison for your body. To me weed is safer and natural.

The tough part can be discerning why we do it, and being honest with ourselves. Do I just like it, or no matter what I do and after giving other things or even nothing a try, do I still feel my life is so affected by my issue, I must do something?

First I smoked pot all my life up to 3 or 4 yrs ago until I realized that just wasn't going to cut it with God, not even close. However it was not medicine to me, I just liked it, and not only that, if one is a grower, the perks can be great. You got all these friends, plenty of money, everything the devil has to offer. In the end my bible made me very aware of reality (I actually always was aware)now the friends are gone, I still get by ok, but have peace of mind, and that's whats really important.

But that was just a little history, much of which may or may not be here nor there for you, Mizm. The following is more in line with your situation.

6 to 8 yrs ago, I got with a pain manager, and got on a lot of fentanyl just prior to knee surgery. After the surgery I started weening off, no problem, but that last stage (from 175mci to 25mci), left me depressed when getting off it completely. I guessed the reason why but nothing I could do about it. I finally told myself you have to get off 100% and give your body time to adjust, so I did, for 18months....18 months of sheer depression, it had to be clinical...no doubt. I wasn't going to end my life but for all intents and purposes it was ended, so there didn't seem to be that much point in suffering...that bad. Anyway I put myself back on tramadol, about the lowest form of narcotic there is and it worked, I was alive again, and have at least coped for the last several years.

Point being, it's easy for me to just get on to someone for "doing drugs" but I can't in your case. I guess the prior was my showing how serious a matter it was to me to make sure I was doing right by God, and that there was a point where, I could do nothing for him or me if I didn'y take steps, so I did. I'm now dealing with what I think is the cause of the depression as I may be able to do something about it now...I'll just have to see how it goes.

In short, make darned sure you absolutely need it to function and are not using it to make a normal life, with it's normal problems, easier.

Now I'm just sounding corny but it works here...To thin own self be true. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I seriously doubt that any true studies will show that marijuana has legitimate medical uses in the raw form.

That's what I used to think, but I recall quitting once years ago for several months and finding the tiniest bit stashed away, a toke maybe. I smoked it, and it was as if it were a narcotic....wow. I had just smoked it again for the very first time. :) I know narcotics are used for clinical depression in some cases so yeah, in that sense, sure it can jelp, but are there other things that can do better, that would be the question.

I tend towards thinking these things of the mind, like in this post....

.....are demon related (The biblical Legion cut himself with stones)

And if we can't pray it out, we need to do something to at least curb the problem, even if we only mask it, whatever it takes. On pot being illegal in places, I have no probem with self medication, but a Christian has to be so careful of what they are doing there. See a doc if you can, but whatever the case do something, and then only if absolutely necessary. The internet can be very helpful in helping us understand things, if we cannot afford otherwise.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Sort of an overstatement. Coffee contains caffeine...a drug. There are a lot of people that can be harmed by taking caffeine in any dosage...especially people with heart problems. Caffeine does stress the heart so it isn't just superstitious people making things up. I don't know that it is a "healthy drink" but it does have a few health benefits (like red wine, which again can't be taken in unlimited quantities). However, the only way it is somewhat "healthy" is if it is taken black..with no cream, milk, sugar, or anything added. When you start to adding things to your coffee you counter balance what good there might be.

Pure, clean water is the healthiest drink on earth. The stuff out of a tap qualifies.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sort of an overstatement. Coffee contains caffeine...a drug. There are a lot of people that can be harmed by taking caffeine in any dosage...especially people with heart problems. Caffeine does stress the heart so it isn't just superstitious people making things up. I don't know that it is a "healthy drink" but it does have a few health benefits (like red wine, which again can't be taken in unlimited quantities). However, the only way it is somewhat "healthy" is if it is taken black..with no cream, milk, sugar, or anything added. When you start to adding things to your coffee you counter balance what good there might be.

Pure, clean water is the healthiest drink on earth. The stuff out of a tap qualifies.
Not an overstatement in the least. Coffee has more antioxidants than any other drink. More potassium too. Coffee consumption is directly correlated to lower rates of diabetes and Alzheimer’s, and is markedly superior to plain water with regards to both. It also seems to be related to the mitigation of eyesight-related issues. It’s a positively healthy food, as medical stolidly after study has quite consistently.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
That's what I used to think, but I recall quitting once years ago for several months and finding the tiniest bit stashed away, a toke maybe. I smoked it, and it was as if it were a narcotic....wow. I had just smoked it again for the very first time. :) I know narcotics are used for clinical depression in some cases so yeah, in that sense, sure it can jelp, but are there other things that can do better, that would be the question.

I tend towards thinking these things of the mind, like in this post....

.....are demon related (The biblical Legion cut himself with stones)

And if we can't pray it out, we need to do something to at least curb the problem, even if we only mask it, whatever it takes. On pot being illegal in places, I have no probem with self medication, but a Christian has to be so careful of what they are doing there. See a doc if you can, but whatever the case do something, and then only if absolutely necessary. The internet can be very helpful in helping us understand things, if we cannot afford otherwise.

Narcotics are NEVER used for clinical depression. To use it for that is an inappropriate use. And the raw form of any drug is unsafe because you don't know what dose of the active ingredient is taken.

Schizophrenia is a REAL medical condition, the same as diabetes or thyroid conditions. It is the brain's perception of sensory input that is malfunctioning. And it is true that often the first psychotic episode a person has is right after a person used pot or other mind altering drugs. Once you "wake up" these psychiatric conditions, they don't go away and become a life long problem.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think I said it was harmful.

Caffeine is a drug though.

That was my point.

Sorry if I offended you in any way insinuating that coffee was harmful.

I believe alcohol, caffeine, cannabis, opium, Acetylsalicylic acid, cocaine, St. John's Wort, peppermint, and a whole bunch more compounds are beneficial to helping the body......in proper doses and for certain amounts of times.

It is the abuse of them in their usage, marketing and control that cause the problems.
Coffee and tea both.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Not an overstatement in the least. Coffee has more antioxidants than any other drink. More potassium too. Coffee consumption is directly correlated to lower rates of diabetes and Alzheimer’s, and is markedly superior to plain water with regards to both. It also seems to be related to the mitigation of eyesight-related issues. It’s a positively healthy food, as medical stolidly after study has quite consistently.

Yes, there is a correlation to reduced diabetes...but again, only if drank black. The minute anything was added to the coffee, all the health benefits toward coffee drinking disappeared. Increased potassium is dangerous for some people and can cause heart problems...so adding that to the issue that caffeine stresses the heart, no, it isn't a "healthy" drink. To say that it is healthier than water is a joke.

Please link the study that compares the health effects of drinking water to coffee.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Narcotics are NEVER used for clinical depression. To use it for that is an inappropriate use. And the raw form of any drug is unsafe because you don't know what dose of the active ingredient is taken.

And you know this is a fact because?

I am positive when folks volunteer themselves into a mental health ward,they pass out the narcotics just like candy, as at least a quick fix to their depression. So you are qualified to tell them they are using it inappropriately? What are your credentials?

When I get time I'll look for more but take a gander this this too.

Feeling Good with Narcotics Now “Evidence” of Opioid Deficiency: The Chemical Imbalance Theory of Depression, Redux - Mad In America

And be sure to post there if the option is available, what they are doing wrong.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never meet anyone that when they 1st started to smoke it.. didn't cough. Yet it does some good things. We use to use in Junior High..High School. When we did it with friends.. then told other friend a bare was after him.. took off running.. never seen when he came back. Or in School and asked to turn to page 53 or something.. don't remember. Me and my best friend could never find that page. Or the time asking Von.. for money for lunch. Everything went black.. and when it came back.. I had no clue where I was nor who this big guy infront of me was.

PRAISE GOD He found me. But.. to think its OK because some doctors say it is.. means nothing to God. God is ALWAYS for healing and helping.. praise GOD for Doctors. But since you asked.. my answer is no. And yet.. this will not change anything will it :)

Upvote 0

Kelly McArthur

Oct 11, 2017
Douglas Area
✟6,220.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Coffee and tea both.

Get up with the Lord.

KNOW your thoughts are not alone, stop the internal chatter; go straight to the Lord and say "I'm doing it again." ask him on purpose to help you stop the cycle of abuse.

The mind is divided; left side is the soul -- right side is the spirit. Do the research.

Don't be hard on yourself, take a mental break. Know the Lord Jesus never works with guilt or shame so when you feel or think these, know this is not from him.

You're not alone, The Holy Spirit is with you.

Remember you are loved, no matter what. Remember to forgive yourself, treat yourself as a small child and follow the Lord. Left and right walk to the Father.

Remember good food is healthy colours, stay away from processed foods; check out cooking video's and make your food body healthy.

:greenheart:

M

Last edited:
Upvote 0