This mayor won’t stop posting racist memes. He won’t resign, either.

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do not post racist imagery and memes online, so your attempt to defend an unrepentant racist is rather incongruent with your professed lack of prejudice toward the racial group this mayor attacked.

Pants on fire, every time you post you are posting racist imagery and memes.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
In so many words, you've talked to black people and have been nice to them, so there is no way that you could harbor any ill will toward them. You hear the same thing when people argue they are not racist toward Asians because they were complimenting them when they said they speak English so well.

The problem is not you being nice to black people, it's your refusal to see racial animosity toward a racial or ethnic group you claim to have no issues with. It's incongruent with your professed lack of prejudice.
You are coming across as saying no matter what white people do they are all racist....and if that is it we got nothing left to say to each other.....

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
You are coming across as saying no matter what white people do they are all racist....and if that is it we got nothing left to say to each other.....
There is nothing in my post that suggests all white people are racist. Please stop with your rendition of The Incredibles.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There is nothing in my post that suggests all white people are racist. Please stop with your rendition of The Incredibles.
I will take you at your word that you are not suggesting 'all white people are racist.'

• Haha
Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe he thinks cucumbers taste better pickled. That doesn't change the fact that what he posted was racist. When you go out of your way to defend racism, it just makes you look like a racist. I wonder how many if the people defending the mayor jumped to the defense of Colin Kaepernick. Their inconsistency on the subject demonstrates that it's not simply about free speech, it demonstrates their racial animosity.

When you go out of your way to come to this site and post accusations of racism every chance you get, it just makes you look like race-based agitator, and a person who has such a hatred of white people that you just can't help yourself but to level accusations at them. It's the attitude you're showing this way that makes groups like BLM look bad.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
When you go out of your way to come to this site and post accusations of racism every chance you get, it just makes you look like race-based agitator, and a person who has such a hatred of white people that you just can't help yourself but to level accusations at them. It's the attitude you're showing this way that makes groups like BLM look bad.
Posting stories about racism does not mean I believe all white people are racist. Again, the problem with racism isn't pointing it out, the agitators are the racists who continue to spew their hatred.

As a resident of West York pointed out, having a mayor that posts this garbage and then conducts city business is problematic because you know he/she is not impartial, and that is unacceptable. Attempting to argue that people calling out racism are racists is pure bunk. It's a sad tactic used to silence people. If you're angry that racism is pointed out, then your anger is misdirected. If you are going to go out of your way to say that racism is not racism, it makes you appear racist. Nothing above is even close to suggesting that all white people are racist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Again, you should be able to articulate what exactly comes across as me saying all white people are racist. What exactly have I written in this thread that suggests all white people are racist?
We been here; not going to repeat myself.....

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, you should be able to articulate what exactly comes across as me saying all white people are racist. What exactly have I written in this thread that suggests all white people are racist?

You can silence your adversary very quickly.

Name a white person you personally know and something you love about them.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Posting stories about racism does not mean I believe all white people are racist. Again, the problem with racism isn't pointing it out, the agitators are the racists who continue to spew their hatred.

Sure, it's always the other guy.

As a resident of West York pointed out, having a mayor that posts this garbage and then conducts city business is problematic because you know he/she is not impartial, and that is unacceptable. Attempting to argue that people calling out racism are racists is pure bunk.

Calling it something you don't like is one thing. Calling it racism is something else. Demanding that everyone else sees it as racism lest they be called racists if they don't is what you are doing here.

It's a sad tactic used to silence people. If you're angry that racism is pointed out, then your anger is misdirected. If you are going to go out of your way to say that racism is not racism, it makes you appear racist. Nothing above is even close to suggesting that all white people are racist.

This is what I was just referring to in my previous statement.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If you are going to go out of your way to say that racism is not racism, it makes you appear racist.
You see the problem with this statement don't you? You are setting yourself up to be the determinor of what is and is not racist; and of course that means anyone who does not agree with your determination is a racist. Thats a big reason people should be careful about how they throw that word around.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You see the problem with this statement don't you? You are setting yourself up to be the determinor of what is and is not racist; and of course that means anyone who does not agree with your determination is a racist. Thats a big reason people should be careful about how they throw that word around.
How would you interpret Obama's family being likened to monkeys?

Go on, explain how they're like monkeys and how that's not based in racist stereotypes of African Americans.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The folks suggesting that maybe the mayor is having problems dealing with black folks in his community are apparently unfamiliar with the demographics of southern Pennsylvania. West York is 93.75% white and 2.8% black.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
You can silence your adversary very quickly.

Name a white person you personally know and something you love about them.
Seriously? Name one white person? You act like that's a challenge. It doesn't matter what I say as having a white friend does not mean someone does not harbor racist views.

But I'll play your game, my best friend since I was 10 years old is white, the thing I like about him most is the fact that he went to live abroad and mastered a foreign language to the point that he teaches that language overseas (as opposed to teaching English, which most Americans teach overseas).

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How would you interpret Obama's family being likened to monkeys?

Go on, explain how they're like monkeys and how that's not based in racist stereotypes of African Americans.
I really don't think about Obama except how many days he has left in office. I don't think about his family at all.....

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
There is a long history extending from pseudoscience to art that portrays African Americans as apes to suggest they are inferior. This is not me dictating what is racist, this is a mayor using the same racist imagery on the same way that it has been used by racists previously. You are arguing that people should ignore previous history and how contemporary racists use the same imagery. I guess the next time someone draws a Jewish person with a large hook nose, we can argue there is nothing anti-Semitic about it. Anyone who calls it anti-Semitic is also bigoted.

Upvote 0