Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Your "freedom" ends where mine begins. Freedom also does not mean freedom from consequences. If this clown said something obviously racist and bigoted on social media, then he deserves the consequences he gets for being stupid.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So is assuming…

Let’s see, Clint Eastwood and some guy named Barry. Yep, that has to be the President, because that is what the liberals want it to be.

Barry was a very popular name in the 70s and 80s for boys.
your attempt to play this off as someone other than the president disgusts me.

some people haven't an ounce of integrity in them...

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought there was a federal law that prohibits making threats toward the President of the United States. If so, has the Secret Service talked to this mayor yet? Maybe he is unaware of what year this is. Or maybe he, and perhaps a few of his supporters who back this kind of speech, long for the good ole' days when white people could talk about black people like that and not have any kind of consequences or repercussions for it. It reminds me of that politician who put up the "Make America White Again" billboard.

Yet it is ok when the one being made fun of is white or Native American or Hispanic, which happens everyday ! If you want to be fair, be fair to all, no matter their color !

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yet it is ok when the one being made fun of is white or Native American or Hispanic, which happens everyday

A. I did not see that implied in vtc's post.
B. I'm more than positive that vtc does not condone the making fun of Native Americans.

Upvote 0

shelley1952

May 14, 2016
Illinois
✟8,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A. I did not see that implied in vtc's post.
B. I'm more than positive that vtc does not condone the making fun of Native Americans.

Whew, went right over your head.
QUOTE.....Or maybe he, and perhaps a few of his supporters who back this kind of speech, long for the good ole' days when white people could talk about black people like that and not have any kind of consequences or repercussions for it. It reminds me of that politician who put up the "Make America White Again" billboard.....end of quote

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Infringing on peoples freedom of speech I see. It is ok if the left silences freedom, too bad that reign of terror will end soon.
And people say there is a problem with racism in America, hey He is Risen 72?

What UTTER balderdash that people have the audacity to suggest that merica has any issues with racism. You have freedom of speech there; therefore, there CAN'T be racism. We have freedom to say whatever we want; including racist things.

Even though there isn't a racism problem in America. I mean, how CAN there be a problem with racism in America when elected officials can say things like that and common plebs can argue that he has freedom of speech.

Sounds like black people hate freedom.

The best thing about OBama's term coming to an end is not having to hear the painfully stupid justifications for racism directed at him.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Not just any flag, the American rag. And if you step on the American rag or you refuse to stand for the national anthem, then your freedom of speech is thrown out the window and people are telling you to "Get the H*LL out of their country!" Death threats, threats of being assaulted or threats of losing your job are always a possibility.
There are a LOT of Americans who have absolutely NO idea what freedom means. It's really, really sad.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Whew, went right over your head.
QUOTE.....Or maybe he, and perhaps a few of his supporters who back this kind of speech, long for the good ole' days when white people could talk about black people like that and not have any kind of consequences or repercussions for it. It reminds me of that politician who put up the "Make America White Again" billboard.....end of quote

Thanks, I've been reading since I was a child so there was no need for you to quote vtc's post. Again, I stand by my comments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Infringing on peoples freedom of speech I see. It is ok if the left silences freedom, too bad that reign of terror will end soon.
...was there a law passed where he was told he couldn't post something and the article didn't mention it? If not his right to free speech wasn't being infringed. What you're talking about is "the right to not have any consequences for speech" I'm not really sure where that right is in the Constitution could you post where it is in there? :scratch:
tulc(would be curious to see it) :wave:

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
there's no law against being a racist jerk...but there are plenty of consequences for the actions of that. you can BE whatever you want...however, you have to be willing to accept the consequences for it. What some people want is the ability to be racist jerks with NO consequences for it. It doesn't quite work that way.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't see the pic about the lynching, but lest anyone doubt that there was any racist content:
636108410124318870--1-Charles-Wasko-3.png

636108423823946504-Charles-Wasko2.png

There's also this one:<edited - thought it would show up as a link, but it's the profane one about the Irish not looking for handouts like blacks>

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I find those horrible. But, I guess since a black man is POTUS, it's ok to let the racism hang out. When those sorts of things come up on my facebook feed, I hide them and try to talk to the friend who posted it. If that is repeated, the person gets unfriended. Its amazing how many of my "friends" are closet racists. I won't have that anywhere near me. Maybe I'm just more sensitive because I AM a minority. Maybe it's because I really thought that mankind had gotten past that. What really kills me is having "friends" who post that rubbish and then post something "Christian".

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hey guys!

It's not about race!! This is America: there is no racism! Typical left wing. Listen, he's not getting hung from a tree, therefore,it's not racism.

Am I doing it right He is Risen 72?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I find those horrible. But, I guess since a black man is POTUS, it's ok to let the racism hang out. When those sorts of things come up on my facebook feed, I hide them and try to talk to the friend who posted it. If that is repeated, the person gets unfriended. Its amazing how many of my "friends" are closet racists. I won't have that anywhere near me. Maybe I'm just more sensitive because I AM a minority. Maybe it's because I really thought that mankind had gotten past that. What really kills me is having "friends" who post that rubbish and then post something "Christian".

This is actually a real phenomenon called moral self-licensing - basically, our good actions give us the ability to see ourselves as good and to then have the mental freedom to do other things that are bad without feeling guilty about them or reconsidering our favorable self-image.

http://www-psych.stanford.edu/~moni...n & Monin 2010 Compass on Moral Licensing.pdf

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It probably depends on the law where he lives about impeaching the mayor as to whether he can be removed from office over this. If a crime is required, then he may be off the hook. If public image as representative of the city is involved, he could probably be removed.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No one infringed on anything. He said exactly what he wanted to say. Now he's going to live with his actions.

Do you normally defer personal responsibility to others?
And now other are saying exactly what they want to say! Oh the horrors!

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0