This is kind of neat. Humor me and participate?

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
300+ hours in both Oblivion and Skyrim for me. Skyrim is the only game that has ever made me feel like I was literally in a different world. It's often my escape from reality. I never did get to play Morrowind. I was way young when it came out, and started my gaming during the PS3/360 generation, and never have had a gaming PC.

Recently I've been playing a lot of Destiny and I really like it if a lot of people don't. I've got Dragon Age III, Kingdom Hearts 2.5, Bayonetta 2, and Alien:Isolation going when I get tired of playing.
Viewing oneself as almost alien in a different world is also another strong trait. Not kidding. Look it up. The feeling that you are not the same kind of being as those around you.

Hmm... I'd describe it more like I saw other people as puppets or fictional beings. Occasionally I would "wake up" and realize that they weren't.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yuuuuup. Elder Scrolls particularly. I'm probably considered addicted to Skyrim. ^_^

I'm also a Magic: The Gathering player, but I play physical cards rather than virtual cards. It's not the same virtually. Well, the game is the same, but it doesn't feel the same.

Faking normalcy is a big time Aspie trait. It just can't be sustained for long periods of time; the faster the situation moves, the better.

Morrowind was and is my favorite Elder Scrolls game. Skyrim is fun, but the loading times kill me.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Morrowind was and is my favorite Elder Scrolls game. Skyrim is fun, but the loading times kill me.

Morrowind was just so much deeper than Skyrim. I love Skyrim don't get me wrong, but in Morrowind these was something to the whole thing that was more immersive.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Recently I've been playing a lot of Destiny and I really like it if a lot of people don't. I've got Dragon Age III, Kingdom Hearts 2.5, Bayonetta 2, and Alien:Isolation going when I get tired of playing.

Hmm... I'd describe it more like I saw other people as puppets or fictional beings. Occasionally I would "wake up" and realize that they weren't.

Currently playing Godfather 2 and Kingdom Hearts 1.5 for PS3. Destiny is on the Christmas list, but I'm not holding my breath.

I love the Fallout games, too. Can't wait for Fallout 4.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

Careful not to spoil anything about Bayonetta 2 or Alien Isolation, okay?
I've still not played through them yet.
Try to use spoiler warnings.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Careful not to spoil anything about Bayonetta 2 or Alien Isolation, okay?
I've still not played through them yet.
Try to use spoiler warnings.

Spoiler!

There's an Alien in Alien:Isolation and Bayonetta is the star of Bayonetta 2. I like being a jerk with spoilers. How do you feel now?

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Morrowind was just so much deeper than Skyrim. I love Skyrim don't get me wrong, but in Morrowind these was something to the whole thing that was more immersive.

They really messed things up when they went to full voice acting. TES lost so much detail that you got from the conversations in Morrowind. It absolutely killed Oblivion for me. It was just too contrived. Skyrim is a big improvement in that area, but still doesn't compare to Morrowind in the lore department.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
They really messed things up when they went to full voice acting. TES lost so much detail that you got from the conversations in Morrowind. It absolutely killed Oblivion for me. It was just too contrived. Skyrim is a big improvement in that area, but still doesn't compare to Morrowind in the lore department.

What? You didn't like the conversation pie in Oblivion?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

I missed Morrowind first time around and have almost ended up buying it a few times, but never committed.
I never really got on with Skyrim as well as Oblivion. Maybe 'cos I'm mage-y.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What? You didn't like the conversation pie in Oblivion?

*Random conversation between two NPCs*
"Hello!"
"Hi there!"
"Heard any rumors lately?"
"They say syndicates of wizards have begun a boycott of Imperial goods in the Summerset Isles."
"These are troubling times in the land of the Altmer."
"Farewell."
"Good day."

*gag*

*Oblivion Spoiler Alert*

Also, the Emperor gets killed and demons invade the entire Empire, destroying cities and killing people. Everyone goes about business as usual and barely notices. The next Emperor turns into a dragon and kicks the head Demon's butt. Still business as usual.

Like I said, contrived.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Spoiler!

There's an Alien in Alien:Isolation and Bayonetta is the star of Bayonetta 2. I like being a jerk with spoilers. How do you feel now?

Bah!
You've ruined all the things, ever.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I missed Morrowind first time around and have almost ended up buying it a few times, but never committed.
I never really got on with Skyrim as well as Oblivion. Maybe 'cos I'm mage-y.

Get the GOTY edition with the expansions. You won't regret it.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,700.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
*Random conversation between two NPCs*
"Hello!"
"Hi there!"
"Heard any rumors lately?"
"They say syndicates of wizards have begun a boycott of Imperial goods in the Summerset Isles."
"These are troubling times in the land of the Altmer."
"Farewell."
"Good day."

*gag*

My favourite is the horror of the mudcrabs.
"Blasted things!"

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Skyrim after the last official patch was ruined when it came to voice acting. The lip sync was thrown completely off. They talk and then it ends, AND THEN their face and lips move. Or their face and lips move, AND THEN you hear their voice. Eyes and mouths stay open when sleeping and the people don't blink in conversations. It sucks and they won't fix it, but without patches and updates you lose cool features. I eventually just turned subtitles on and read them when engaging in dialogue instead of watching faces.

DA:O is one of my all time favorite games. DA2 was terribad. I haven't gotten Inquisition yet; maybe for Christmas!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I used to exercise, but then I took an arrow to the knee and now I just play Skyrim all day. :cool:

sFlUp.jpg

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
DA:O is awesome. The expansion where you get to play an alternate history as a Darkspawn general was totally awesome too. Haven't played any of the sequels.

Confession: I played DA:O when I was a teenage atheist punk, and took advantage of the ability to be a lesbian. :sorry:

Yeah I was a weirdo. Leliana was my girl.

Upvote 0