This is kind of neat. Humor me and participate?

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 64 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 166 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

Oopsies, missed yours. I'd like to see which questions the people scoring so low (on the neurodiverse side) answered so differently from me.

*No I'm not asking. Just a curiosity. One I'm content just to ponder and guess.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Oopsies, missed yours. I'd like to see which questions the people scoring so low (on the neurodiverse side) answered so differently from me.

Maybe it's because I teach so many kids with Asperger's or other Autism-related conditions (all boys, by the way), but it was pretty obvious to me.

Mind you, I answered truthfully but it wasn't exactly hard to see which answers would mark a person as high on the autism scale.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

*No I'm not asking. Just a curiosity. One I'm content just to ponder and guess.

Which questions specifically?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's the thing, I'm not entirely certain. There's a few obvious ones, but a few questions doesn't score you at 64 and me at 165.

Stuff with crowds, extreme focusing, and not liking noises and being touched would probably be the biggest changes.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Stuff with crowds, extreme focusing, and not liking noises and being touched would probably be the biggest changes.

And touching - sensations of touching, fumbling, rubbing your eyes or ears, stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It's amazing how many tendencies I actually have. My wife wonders why I rub my hands together so often and I usually tell her I have no idea.

I was actually surprised I scored so low. I rub my eyes all the time. I detest physical contact (anything beyond a handshake) with strangers (and I'm not very keen on it even with people I know well). I have particular interests and I'd much rather spend the night alone on the sofa than in a party (and when I do go to a party I need time to 'recover').

Then again, most of the questions didn't seem to apply to me.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I do the eyes and ears sometimes, but I understood the deeper meaning of the question. I rub my face as a whole non-stop, especially when thinking or stressed. I scratch the top and sides of my head violently when I get angry or irritated. So I answered accordingly there. Kind of like when people ask "stimming" questions, and the most common is do you flap your hands or twirl in circles. Well, yes, I stim all the time, but my stims are full body muscle twitches, finger snapping, finger tapping, finger rubbing, feet tapping and rubbing, leg bouncing, eyebrows and ears movements, etc. The actual flapping of my hands I don't do like others do. I also click and whistle with my throat all day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I do the eyes and ears sometimes, but I understood the deeper meaning of the question. I rub my face as a whole non-stop, especially when thinking or stressed. I scratch the top and sides of my head violently when I get angry or irritated. So I answered accordingly there. Kind of like when people ask "stimming" questions, and the most common is do you flap your hands or twirl in circles. Well, yes, I stim all the time, but my stims are full body muscle twitches, finger snapping, finger tapping, finger rubbing, feet tapping and rubbing, leg bouncing, eyebrows and ears movements, etc. The actual flapping of my hands I don't do like others do. I also click and whistle with my throat all day.

Do you have people tell you to stop tapping on things a lot? If I'm thinking I tend to so stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was actually surprised I scored so low. I rub my eyes all the time. I detest physical contact (anything beyond a handshake) with strangers (and I'm not very keen on it even with people I know well). .

If we ever go gallivanting around jolly ol' London, I am going to bear hug you. :)

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Do you have people tell you to stop tapping on things a lot? If I'm thinking I tend to so stuff like that.

Yes. My wife especially gets annoyed. My feet are the worst, and if I have a pen - well, I'm so sorry.

I'm also compelled to touch, rub, tap things as I walk by, like walls, desks, racks, cars; stuff I walk by.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yes. My wife especially gets annoyed. My feet are the worst, and if I have a pen - well, I'm so sorry.

I'm also compelled to touch, rub, tap things as I walk by, like walls, desks, racks, cars; stuff I walk by.

Oh, I do my best to always avoid any kind of compulsion. I get some really weird ones that I would never want to act upon.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'll never forget that in 9th grade my science teacher had us working with some chemical that burns when inhaled, and so he told the class not to smell it. I got my cap of it, was looking at it, wanted to smell it so bad that my feet started going nuts, and then I just went for it. Couldn't help it. I yelped like a beaten dog. DID YOU SNIFF IT? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, I SAID NOT TO! .... I DONT KNOW!!!

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I ride a train for work every day. Want to know my worst nightmare? More than the time or anything like that.

A person who pulls out nail clippers and starts clipping their nails on the train. Over and over again... I really have to restrain myself from going over and ripping them out of the person's hands and throwing them out the window.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Is it the noise? We pick up on the smallest noises and it's annoying as crap.

Part of my stims is that I chew my finger nails down to the pink, and when I run out, I chew the first layer of skin off the tips where the nails would otherwise be. Then I chew the skin off the inside of my cheeks until I have nails to chew again. When I was a child I was gross and would chew my toenails off.

Upvote 0