This election = 'experts' underestimating Trump, Trump overperforming. Repeat.

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
21985194fbad48aa98e4537875e91016

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
They said he wouldn't win one debate.
They said he wouldn't win all the debates.
They said he wouldn't win the nomination.
They say he won't win the presidency...

Basically everything they say he won't achieve, he does.

yeah, and as most were saying that very thing, including most of the other Republican candidates, they all dropped like flies, one-after-the-other.

Whatever was spun out to Trump, returned to each of them double or triple.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

He won the nomination Presidency remains to be seen.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

That's debatable.

Numerous polls actually showed him being high up in the polls before he won the nomination. It was a surprise that he did so well overall, but it wasn't like his victory there just came out of nowhere at the last week or so.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What happened was we overestimated the rationality and ability to discern of Republican voters.
I see signs that we may overestimate the rationality and ability to discern of both Republican AND Democratic voters. Or perhaps we misunderstand their motivations, in many cases.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

well he didnt win any of the debates, so....

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I agree. And I'm hoping that Trump wins on election day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
well he didnt win any of the debates, so....
I disagree. The media said he didn't win any of the three debates. But in my opinion they lied. The media could have tried to make their bias a little less obvious. He may have lost the first one (on form, but not on substance), but he won the other two. I call it like I see it, and that's what I saw happen.

We know from the leaked emails that the liberal media is corrupt and has been in the tank for Hillary since the beginning. We know that they would ask the Clinton campaign for approval before publishing a news article about her. And in the primaries they gave her questions in advance to rig it for her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. The media said he didn't win any of the three debates. But in my opinion they lied. The media could have tried to make their bias a little less obvious. He may have lost the first one (on form, but not on substance), but he won the other two. I call it like I see it, and that's what I saw happen.

We know from the leaked emails that the liberal media is corrupt and has been in the tank for Hillary since the beginning. We know that they would ask the Clinton campaign for approval before publishing a news article about her. And in the primaries they gave her questions in advance to rig it for her.
The overwhelming response, not just from the media, but from the people, was that Trump lost all 3 debates, quite handily. He came off as unhinged and unpresidential. There is a reason he threatened to boycott them. He knew that when he had to actually stand up to Clinton 1v1, that she would would wipe the floor with him. She isn't nearly the worst one he could have faced either. I can just imagine the bloodbath if Biden had been at that podium. For what ever his faults, Biden can debate extremely well.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The overwhelming response, not just from the media, but from the people, was that Trump lost all 3 debates, quite handily. He came off as unhinged and unpresidential. There is a reason he threatened to boycott them. He knew that when he had to actually stand up to Clinton 1v1, that she would would wipe the floor with him. She isn't nearly the worst one he could have faced either. I can just imagine the bloodbath if Biden had been at that podium. For what ever his faults, Biden can debate extremely well.
I don't care what the liberal media or what other liberals say about it. They knew before the debates that they were going to say that he lost. But I saw the debates, and in my opinion, Trump won at least the last two. I say he may have lost in the first one only because Hillary Clinton seemed to succeed in baiting him and taking him down a rabbit hole. He won the second because he came back and did far better than expected. And he won the third because he did even better than the second.

Upvote 0