Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
ABC News (Australia)

January 6 committee recommends charges against Donald Trump over Capitol riot
Posted 3h ago3 hours ago, updated 2h ago

The US committee investigating the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot has recommended charges against former president Donald Trump.

At its final public hearing, the panel voted unanimously to refer the former president to the Department of Justice on four criminal counts.

They are obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make a false statement, and insurrection.

The department is conducting its own investigation into January 6 and is not compelled to act on the committee's recommendations.

The committee made its case against Mr Trump over nine public hearings.

A preview of the final report of the select committee revealed some of the findings against Mr Trump, including:

• Purposely disseminating false allegations of fraud related to the 2020 presidential election
  • Corruptly pressuring vice-president Mike Pence to refuse to count electoral votes
  • Attempting to enlist justice department officials to make purposely false statements and thereby aid his effort to overturn the presidential election
  • Unlawfully pressuring state officials and legislators to change the results of the election in their states
  • Plotting to overturn the election outcome
The full report is expected to be released on Thursday, Australia time. (Wednesday US time)

More:

January 6 committee recommends charges against Donald Trump over Capitol riot - ABC News

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
It's a nothing burger ....
But I do want to give my gratitude to the committee for there unwavering corruption, distortion, and repudiation of the truth. …They have lived up to everything that the swamp personifies, and you can be certain the god of this world is mighty proud of them.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But I do want to give my gratitude to the committee for there unwavering corruption, distortion, and repudiation of the truth. …They have lived up to everything that the swamp personifies, and you can be certain the god of this world is mighty proud of them.

you guys are so funny, what trump did, great, trying to stop it evil!! right.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All of the evidence they compiled came from his own staff and aides, all Republicans, and Trump's own video, texts, etc.
The Georgia investigations are led by Republicans.
Judges who ruled against him-his own appointees.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
ABC News (Australia)

The US committee investigating the January 6, 2021, Capitol riot has recommended charges against former president Donald Trump.

At its final public hearing, the panel voted unanimously to refer the former president to the Department of Justice on four criminal counts.

They are obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress, conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make a false statement, and insurrection.

The department is conducting its own investigation into January 6 and is not compelled to act on the committee's recommendations.

A preview of the final report of the select committee revealed some of the findings against Mr Trump, including:

• Purposely disseminating false allegations of fraud related to the 2020 presidential election
  • Corruptly pressuring vice-president Mike Pence to refuse to count electoral votes
  • Attempting to enlist justice department officials to make purposely false statements and thereby aid his effort to overturn the presidential election
  • Unlawfully pressuring state officials and legislators to change the results of the election in their states
The full report is expected to be released on Thursday, Australia time. (Wednesday US time)

More:

January 6 committee recommends charges against Donald Trump over Capitol riot - ABC News

Hate to disappoint anyone but this referral means nothing and may even be a violation of the separation of powers. I would expect that the DOJ will not take any action and will not charge Trump with any violations of the law because they are well aware that there is no evidence that will hold up in a court of law. It was all for show.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hate to disappoint anyone but this referral means nothing and may even be a violation of the separation of powers. I would expect that the DOJ will not take any action and will not charge Trump with any violations of the law because they are well aware that there is no evidence that will hold up in a court of law. It was all for show.

then how are you supposed to hold a president culpible for criminal actions? OR can presidents do anything they want?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
then how are you supposed to hold a president culpible for criminal actions? OR can presidents do anything they want?
Well first there needs to be culpable criminal actions, then there needs to be sufficient evidence to allow the DOJ to file charges without looking like fools when the case goes to trial and the evidence can not stand up. A trial is much different than a biased hearing where only one side of the case is presented with well edited film and unchallenged witnesses, in court both sides are going to be presented and the evidence is going to have to withstand all challenges. I do not expect DOJ to file any charges and if they are pushed into doing so I do not expect a conviction on even one charge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,488.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ABC News (Australia)

More:

Trump's real crime is being president while not being a member of the religion of atheists, aka Church of Woke. The Jan. 6th stuff is all an excuse.

Only members of the religion of atheists may be president. If Ron DeSantis is elected president, he will run up against the same problems.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is not issue with separation of powers, they are simply recommending charges tot he DOJ. Prosecution power still lies with the DOJ. There is certainly evidence to support criminal charges, in fact much of it was done right out in public.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can hardly wait!

This is the best news I have heard in a long long time!

Over 300 inquiries and investigations - nothing
Mueller fiasco - nothing

Gotta give them marks for tenacity.

They are so petrified with fear of Trump being reelected, it's laughable. They have given up every ounce of what little integrity they supposedly had and are will be exposed for who they truly are.

This will be fun.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well first there needs to be culpable criminal actions, then there needs to be sufficient evidence to allow the DOJ to file charges without looking like fools when the case goes to trial and the evidence can not stand up. A trial is much different than a biased hearing where only one side of the case is presented with well edited film and unchallenged witnesses, in court both sides are going to be presented and the evidence is going to have to withstand all challenges. I do not expect DOJ to file any charges and if they are pushed into doing so I do not expect a conviction on even one charge.
Bravo - well said and very accurate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We should save this post to remind us next year.'

The very reason for a Special Prosecutor is to be able to charge Trump.

IMO, there is no way that Trump isn't indicted for taking documents. Personally, I think that there will lots more charges. And that is only the two federal efforts. There will likely be charges in state courts against Trump, his companies and his followers.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

DOJ and the White House are both part of the Executive branch. There is no problem with the separation of power.

I can hardly wait!

This is the best news I have heard in a long long time!

Over 300 inquiries and investigations - nothing
Mueller fiasco - nothing
Except for all the people who were arrested, some of whom were pardoned.

But thanks for peddling falsehoods.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0