Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The issue is - the convenant to be confirmed for 7 years in Daniel 9:26 is not the new covenant in Christ.
You're going to need some support for that assertion.

From 27 AD until 34 AD, the Gospel was demonstrated and confirmed in Jerusalem for 7 years. That was the New Covenant.

Douggg said:
Mt Sinai covenant confirmed on a 7 year cycle.

New Covenant in Christ is not.

It is that simple.
It's not that simple.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The term Antichrist is not in Daniel 9:27. The person who confirms the covenant for 7 years is the prince who shall come is what is in the text.

Your words:

"The covenant to be confirmed for the 7 year cycle in Daniel 9:27 is the Mt. Sinai covenant by the Antichrist."

"The term Antichrist is not in Daniel 9:27."

There seems to be an irreconcilability.

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your words:

"The covenant to be confirmed for the 7 year cycle in Daniel 9:27 is the Mt. Sinai covenant by the Antichrist."

"The term Antichrist is not in Daniel 9:27."

There seems to be an irreconcilability.
The prince who shall come becomes the Antichrist. And as the Antichrist, he will confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for the 7 years cycle as required by Moses of the future leaders of Israel in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The prince who shall come becomes the Antichrist. And as the Antichrist, he will confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for the 7 years cycle as required by Moses of the future leaders of Israel in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Messiah is unmistakably identified as a prince numerous places in Scripture e.g. Daniel 9:25; Isaiah 9:6; Revelation 1:5.

Where in Scripture is "the Antichrist" unmistakably identified as a prince?

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's not that simple.
When is the last time the new covenant in Christ was confirmed for 7 years? There has never been such a requirement in the bible.

Differently, Moses required that the Mt. Sinai covenant be confirmed on a 7 year cycle in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Messiah is unmistakably identified as a prince numerous places in Scripture e.g. Daniel 9:25.

Since you admit that the messiah is a prince, and that Jesus was rejected by his own people - the one who comes in his own name (that the Jews will embrace as their King), who confirms, then violates the covenant, is the prince who shall come.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you admit that the messiah is a prince, and that Jesus was rejected by his own people - the one who comes in his own name (that the Jews will embrace as their King), who confirms, then violates the covenant, is the prince who shall come.

You seem to be missing some Scripture.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To use your own reasoning.....none of that (not the mention of the Mt Sinai covenant nor the antichrist....nor future leaders of Israel)..are mentioned in Daniel's prophecy that I'm finding.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When is the last time the new covenant in Christ was confirmed for 7 years?
27 AD - 34 AD
There has never been such a requirement in the bible.
Daniel 9:27
And He will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week He will put an end to sacrifice and offering.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Differently, Moses required that the Mt. Sinai covenant be confirmed on a 7 year cycle in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.
The giving of the Law through Moses on Mt Sinai was a shadow of the ministry of Christ. That's why you're seeing patterns. But the Temple in Jerusalem (tent for Moses) and all its elements were a copy of the heavenly reality:

Hebrews 9:23
So it was necessary for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
To use your own reasoning.....none of that (not the mention of the Mt Sinai covenant nor the antichrist....nor future leaders of Israel)..are mentioned in Daniel's prophecy that I'm finding.
Daniel's people were the Jews, Israel. Daniel did refer to the Mt. Sinai covenant, not by saying Mt. Sinai covenant, but referring to it as the covenant that his people transgressed - in Daniel 9.

4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

What covenant is Daniel referring to in verse 4.

11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

The law of Moses is which covenant?

The confirming of the covenant (the Mt. Sinai covenant) for 7 years is in the law of Moses. In Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Scripture for "violates the covenant"?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
27 AD - 34 AD

And He will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week He will put an end to sacrifice and offering.
That verse is not speaking about the new covenant in Christ.

There is no requirement in the bible that the new covenant in Christ is confirmed on a 7 year cycle. The requirement to confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for a 7 year cycle is in the bible in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Daniel's people were the Jews, Israel. Daniel did refer to the Mt. Sinai covenant, not by saying Mt. Sinai covenant, but referring to it as the covenant that his people transgressed - in Daniel 9.
Yes.....they failed to keep their side of the conditional Mosaic Covenant (it had already been in effect and they broke the covenant). Do you see the consequences that were due them (in Deuteronomy 28)?

Deuteronomy 28:45
45All these curses will come upon you. They will pursue you and overtake you until you are destroyed, since you did not obey the LORD your God and keep the commandments and statutes He gave you. 46These curses will be a sign and a wonder upon you and your descendants forever.

Daniel was interceding on their behalf (v. 24 "Seventy 'sevens' are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness")...pleading for God to have mercy on the Israelites. IOW.....Daniel's prayer bought them 490 years of grace in order to advance His plan (personally I don't believe Daniel changed God's mind - I believe it was always His plan to have mediators like Noah, Moses, Daniel, David to serve as shadows of His interceding and desire for all to come to repentance and serve only Him).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That verse is not speaking about the new covenant in Christ.

There is no requirement in the bible that the new covenant in Christ is confirmed on a 7 year cycle. The requirement to confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant for a 7 year cycle is in the bible in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.
The verse you're referring to us Daniel 9:27.

And He will confirm a covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week He will put an end to sacrifice and offering.​

.....knowing now what we know of Jesus's ministry - especially His death & resurrection - some of us can see how what was promised to Daniel was the New Covenant:

Daniel 9:24
Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city to stop their transgression, to put an end to sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So you are a solo flyer, not listening to God at all? Why would God make any acception from His Word spoken or written?

I am not saying God is planning on a temple. If God is, there are the requirements.
I pay attention to who a verse is pointed to. It just many not be for everyone. For example, some end time verses are pointed to the Jews and are not for the Gentile church of today.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.