Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are ignoring what Jesus said in Luke 19:41-44 about the whole city being destroyed, and you are ignoring the word "castle" in the Book of Acts.

G3925
παρεμβολή
parembolē
par-em-bol-ay'
From a compound of G3844 and G1685; a throwing in beside (juxtaposition), that is, (specifically) battle array, encampment or barracks (tower Antonia): - army, camp, castle.
Total KJV occurrences: 10

Act_21:34 And some cried one thing, some another, among the multitude: and when he could not know the certainty for the tumult, he commanded him to be carried into the castle.

Act_21:37 And as Paul was to be led into the castle, he said unto the chief captain, May I speak unto thee? Who said, Canst thou speak Greek?

Act_22:24 The chief captain commanded him to be brought into the castle, and bade that he should be examined by scourging; that he might know wherefore they cried so against him.

Act_23:10 And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.

Act_23:16 And when Paul's sister's son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul.

Act_23:32 On the morrow they left the horsemen to go with him, and returned to the castle:

Where is this "castle" now located?

The modern model does not match what Josephus said about the size of Fort Antonia.

You are also creating a term known as "the temple mount platform", which is not found in the Bible, or in the writings of Josephus. It is a modern invention which attempts to turn Fort Antonia into the site of the temple.

Hadrian had the city of Jerusalem plowed under with plans of creating a Roman city in its place called Aelia Capitolina. Also, around that time the Jews were banned from entering Jerusalem.

The issue is not where Paul was taken. There was a citadel (castle) structure in the corner of the temple mount, later called fort Antonia under Herod the Great's time that served as a a ready to defend the Temple and its other buildings, regiment of soldiers.

The issue is where did Jesus stand trial before Herod Antipas and Pilate.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 65:20
"...the child shall die an hundred years old..."
Children born, yes. In the OT, a parent was supposed to stone to death a rebellious child. In the millennium if one is not Dead by the age of 100, they were not rebellious as a child.

Rebellious offspring will be sentenced to Death. That is it. No rehabilitation period. God can remove life from an incorruptible body, just as easily as from a corruptible body. Nature and disease will not be the reason humanity dies. Rebellion will be.

Rebellion is likened to witchcraft. God does not place a spell on them. They will be sent to Death. Those who practiced the occult were considered cursed by God.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There will be the rebuilding of the temple buildings on the current temple mount platform. How big the sanctuary will be in its initial stages - it is likely to be downsized to get the temple ordinances operational as soon as possible.

Edom may say, 'Though we have been crushed, we will rebuild the ruins.' But this is what the LORD Almighty says: 'They may build, but I will demolish. They will be called the Wicked Land, a people always under the wrath of the Lord.

Malachi 1:4

Edomites were OT enemies of Israelites. Per Josephus, in the 2nd century BC Edomites lost a war against the last Kingdom of Israel. Then Edomites feigned "conversion" en masse so they could live in [and later usurp and rule] Judea.

In 37BC Edomite "Jew" Herod allied with Rome to conquer Jerusalem. Rome decreed Herod as Rome's client king of Judea. Edomite Herod proceeded to murder Israelite royal heirs and tried to murder Israel's Messiah, Jesus Christ [God's Temple made without hands - read John 2:16-22], when Herod murdered the babes of Bethlehem.

Edomite Herod totally tore down Israel's second temple [the temple King Cyrus decreed built when he returned Israelites back to Jerusalem from Babylonian captivity - Ezra 1.] Herod built his own third temple, putting his fellow Edomites in charge [John 2:16-22.] Jesus Christ said Herod's temple would be totally destroyed and it was [Mark 13:2.] Ironically, in Ezra 6:12, King Darius [Cyrus' son-in-law] put a curse on any king/people who would harm Israel's second temple. That curse fell on the antichirst Herod dynasty and their fellow antichrist Edomites.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Children born, yes. In the OT, a parent was supposed to stone to death a rebellious child. In the millennium if one is not Dead by the age of 100, they were not rebellious as a child.

Rebellious offspring will be sentenced to Death. That is it. No rehabilitation period. God can remove life from an incorruptible body, just as easily as from a corruptible body. Nature and disease will not be the reason humanity dies. Rebellion will be.

Rebellion is likened to witchcraft. God does not place a spell on them. They will be sent to Death. Those who practiced the occult were considered cursed by God.

Scripture for any of that?

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will die in the NHNE?

The passage below begins with the creation of the New Heavens and the New Earth and the former earth no longer being remembered, and ends with the end of the curse in the last verse. Therefore, nobody can be dying in verse 20.
Verse 20 begins with a negative statement. "There shall be no more then...", which reveals that none of the things after the word "then" will exist in the New Heavens and the New Earth. Further proof is found in verse 19, which includes no more weeping or crying.

New Heavens and a New Earth (subtitle from eSword)

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
Isa 65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
Isa 65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
Isa 65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The passage below begins with the creation of the New Heavens and the New Earth and the former earth no longer being remembered, and ends with the end of the curse in the last verse. Therefore, nobody can be dying in verse 20.
Verse 20 begins with a negative statement. "There shall be no more then...", which reveals that none of the things after the word "then" will exist in the New Heavens and the New Earth. Further proof is found in verse 19, which includes no more weeping or crying.

New Heavens and a New Earth (subtitle from eSword)

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
Isa 65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
Isa 65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
Isa 65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
Isa 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Yet no where does it say no more death. Until you remove death, one is still in this reality. Death is the last enemy that is made subject, before the NHNE. Why mention death at all, if this is the NHNE?

I would say that we cannot know much about the NHNE for the same reason once it happens all will be currently forgotten, we now know. Even the entire passage of Isaiah 65. We cannot apply these verses to the NHNE, but only to the Millennium after Satan is bound and sin has been eradicated. Isaiah 65 is explaining that humans will have long lives for 1000 years. How can some still be cursed after such reality is done away with?

"but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed."

If you apply sin to the NHNE, while denying this condition in a Millennium, does sin exist in the NHNE?

The point is one's action can still point one out as disobedient to God. Not because of a sin nature, but because of a willful act against the established rule of Christ. This is still a condition of current reality. Sin is not going to run rampant in either the Millennium or the NHNE. But even existing in the NHNE is going against the change in reality. There will be no din and death in the NHNE. There will be disobedience and death as pointed out in Isaiah 65 in the millennium prior to the NHNE.

This cannot be figurative of now. No one lives hundreds of years. No one has lived for 1991 years since the Cross. This point will not even exist in the NHNE. It will have been wiped from existence. Isaiah 65 is only saying the shortness and trouble of life will be forgotten in the Millennium. Resurrected humans will live longer than the trees. No one will leave their life work to another, because they will continue that work until the NHNE.

There will be a new heaven and earth after the Second Coming, just like there was a new heaven and earth after Noah left the ark.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet no where does it say no more death.

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence............................... an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence............................... an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

It says a child will die at 100. That is not removing death from the scenario.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It says a child will die at 100. That is not removing death from the scenario.

The English translation of the Hebrew may contain that short phrase, but you are ignoring the rest of the passage if you believe people are dying in the New Heavens and the New Earth.

There is no more crying or weeping in the previous verse, and the curse is removed at the end of the passage.

Therefore, most English translations of Isaiah 65:20 lack clarity if readers think people are dying in the New Heavens and New Earth.

The only way to get around this problem is to understand the fact that Isaiah 65:20 begins with a negative statement.

"There shall be no more then..."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The English translation of the Hebrew may contain that short phrase, but you are ignoring the rest of the passage if you believe people are dying in the New Heavens and the New Earth.

There is no more crying or weeping in the previous verse, and the curse is removed at the end of the passage.

Therefore, most English translations of Isaiah 65:20 lack clarity if readers think people are dying in the New Heavens and New Earth.

The only way to get around this problem is to understand the fact that Isaiah 65:20 begins with a negative statement.

"There shall be no more then..."
You are putting death into the NHNE. This passage is not about the NHNE. It is about the restoration after God's judgment of fire.

God restored earth after Noah's Flood. God will restore the earth after the fire He said He would send instead of water. This time around, there will be no Sea (oceans).

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

The earth will be leveled with no mountains, and no Islands. Instead of water falling out of the sky, there will be stones. This fire that burns up, instead of water that floods, will remove the oceans, and instead of clouds of moisture, there will be clouds of stones.

This burned up earth will be restored as a Garden after the battle of Armageddon. That is what Isaiah 65 is talking about. Yes, God will punish the disobedient with Death. It will not be a funeral service. It will not be a natural death. It will be a curse from God. The rule of the iron rod will have blessings and curses. Not prisons nor funeral services.

You force it to say "no more", to fit your interpretation of NHNE. It says a child will no longer be a child at 3 years of age. One will still be a child 100 years later. One will be an adult at 200. If a person dies at 100, they are a rebellious child. It is a metaphor comparing humans to the age of trees that live hundreds of years. Death is still because of rebellion. One will not be old at 100, but still a child.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Seems like a requirement when the last ones just melted into an inferno. Same thing after water destroyed the heaven and earth of Noah's day. Still not the NHNE.

Remember that we are to interpret the OT with the NT? There is no curse and death in the NHNE. This is still that 1000 year period after the destruction of mankind and all sinful works of the flesh. That fire announced and described in the NT. In the next 1000 years, no one will remember what today is like, with all the political corruption and church apostasy.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No.

Destroying Premillennialism in less than 10 minutes.
So denying God's Word which will never pass away is done by using God's Word?

I think your interpretation of man has led you astray.

You deny there is a second coming, with proof Christ is literally on earth the Second Time? Christ is the one sowing the seed, not even the church. The church is not on earth when the seed sown by Christ is sown and harvested. Here is why:

The church is gone, it is the end of the age/world. It is during the Trumpets. Only Christ and His disciples, not the church. His disciples and the church of the first century have been taken away. This is not about the first century, unless you claim this is the end of the OT age and this is the start of the church.

So which is it? The end of the OT, or the end of the NT, the church is gone, and this is in preparation for the millennium by Jesus Christ Himself gathering the firstfruits with his then disciples?

Did angels appear and transport souls into NT bodies during the first century? If not then that rules out the preparation of the NT church in the first century.

Since these verses are Jesus explaining the soon coming kingdom on earth for 1000 years, how are they proof that 1,000 years does not exist? Jesus spoke to the Jews of His first coming in parables because they constantly needed signs, yet the same need seems to be inherent in today's apostasy ridden church.

They are using the parables to refute God's Word. Seems pointless to me. That parable proves there is a coming kingdom on earth, because the church is not mentioned once. The church was on earth for a totally different reason. That was to gather a harvest for Paradise. Is it easy to mix up Paradise in heaven with a kingdom physically on earth? Perhaps the parables were not just for the Jews of the first century. They are proof that denying God's Word with God's Word only leads to apostasy.

I am not pre-mill nor dispensational pre-mill because some person on the other side of a camera thinks so. It is God's Word. Should the guy on the other side of the camera think about dispensations like Paul declares in his writings instead of misusing God's Word, he may have a point. When anyone moves dispensations around or just plain turns God's Word into one single dispensation, they are like the scoffers in 2 Peter 3, who symbolically declare there have been no dispensations since Creation. All things have been the same since the 6 days of Creation. Literally that is Peter's point.

Yes the kingdom Jesus said was without observation was coming, and not even a kingdom. No one seems to even Remember Paradise but still argued over whether there were two kingdoms or not. That is the physical description, but Paradise is more than a kingdom. It is the home of the church, the inheritance of Adam's descendants, if they accepted the Atonement.

This parable was Jesus speaking to His own people, what today's church seems to not even understand, but can only misuse to back up doctrine and theology which obviously contradicts the Very Word of God. One can just read the parable to refute the man on the other side of the camera.

Upvote 0