York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Lord Jesus will come soon! And so will the Antichrist.
But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:36)

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? (2 Thess 2:1-17)

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand) Matthew 24:15

The Anitchrist will soon take over. Israel will accept him as their Messiah, they will even invite him to the temple, where God will out of his grace remove sin from their eyes so they will finally see and accept Jesus as Messiah, and only then, Jesus will return as written in Hosea 5:15 'I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me.'

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure exactly what the structures are, but they don't look permanent - and they are open now. You can see them on the cameras that are always set up for live viewing, and they are not blocked off. They look like some sort of basic temporary tent. This certainly is not the Third Temple being constructed. One could not build the Temple in that spot anyways.
Western Wall Cameras | Western Wall Heritage Foundation

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

Lord Jesus will come soon! And so will the Antichrist.
But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:36)

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? (2 Thess 2:1-17)

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand) Matthew 24:15

The Anitchrist will soon take over. Israel will accept him as their Messiah, they will even invite him to the temple, where God will out of his grace remove sin from their eyes so they will finally see and accept Jesus as Messiah, and only then, Jesus will return as written in Hosea 5:15 'I will return again to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their distress earnestly seek me.'
Even if it’s somehow a temple, there’s no third temple that’s prophesied in scripture (except for the church itself).

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Soon, as in I'd be surprised if Jesus didn't come in this decades. All the signs are there.

That being said, we should await Him everyday, and serve Him everyday also. Everything we start we must know that we might not finish as Jesus might return before we do. Never we must say: Jesus don't come now because I want to finish something, for example 'I'm getting married tomorrow so don't come today.'

So if we await Him everyday it doesn't matter what day He comes, but all the signs are there we are the last generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If I had a nickel for every time the temple was being rebuilt, just in my own relatively short lifetime so far, I might not be rich, but I'd definitely be able to get a fancy coffee from Starbucks.

Further, even if it were to happen, it would be entirely irrelevant. The only temple that matters in Christianity is the temple of Christ's Body.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Soon, as in I'd be surprised if Jesus didn't come in this decades. All the signs are there.

That being said, we should await Him everyday, and serve Him everyday also. Everything we start we must know that we might not finish as Jesus might return before we do. Never we must say: Jesus don't come now because I want to finish something, for example 'I'm getting married tomorrow so don't come today.'

So if we await Him everyday it doesn't matter what day He comes, but all the signs are there we are the last generation.

Are you familiar with the story of William Miller?
How about the Harold Camping debacle?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That has been said for 2000 years.

Israel wasn't back in their land for the past 2000 years. All these signs happened since Israel came back in 1948.
The return of Jews in the land of their fathers (Joel 3:1-2) ‘For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem

Revelation 12: 1 appeared on 23rd September 2017. This sign appeared on the sky for two nights. And John described this sign 2000 years ago.

Isaiah 17:1 ‘An oracle concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.’ Isaiah 17:7 ‘In that day man will look to his Maker, and his eyes will look on the Holy One of Israel.’ Isaiah 17:12-14 ‘Woe to the many nations that rage-- they rage like the raging sea! Woe to the peoples who roar-- they roar like the roaring of great waters! Although the peoples roar like the roar of surging waters, when he rebukes them, they flee far away, driven before the wind like chaff on the hills, like tumbleweed before a gale. In the evening, sudden terror! Before the morning, they are gone! This is the portion of those who loot us, the lot of those who plunder us.’

Go to Damascus today so you can see yourself that with Damascus it is already happening as was foretold. Damascus will be completely destroyed. Today it is, maybe not whole, but half of a Damascus is destroyed already. Everyone in the Near East has already launched a rocket at Damascus.

I can carry on....

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]
Yes. The church lasted for 1990 years. They did not know that. The church was not wrong in saying the coming was soon. That should be the default state of mind of every Christian.

Do you deny the soon return of Christ or is your mind stuck in the first century, 1990 years prior to your body?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes. The church lasted for 1990 years. They did not know that. The church was not wrong in saying the coming was soon. That should be the default state of mind of every Christian.

Do you deny the soon return of Christ or is your mind stuck in the first century, 1990 years prior to your body?
There might be another option.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The generation that sees the fig tree bring forth new leaves.
so either 1948, or 1967 depending on whether it's the state of Israel, or Jerusalem.

Herein is the danger of that: When Jesus doesn't show up and everyone who was alive at either of those dates begins to die off from old age within the next several decades how are people who believe in this going to cope?

Again, look to William Miller and Harold Camping and the colossal failures and the resulting shock and disappointment that came afterward.

By linking the Lord's return to such things people set themselves up for disappointment, they are setting themselves on the path toward shipwrecking their faith.

If the Lord does return, say tomorrow, then glory be to God.
But Christ teaches us to prepare ourselves for the long haul in this world, He will return, but we don't know when, and so our job is to be a faithful people here and now.

We are to be a people of faith, hope, and love in this world.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The generation that sees the fig tree bring forth new leaves.
so either 1948, or 1967 depending on whether it's the state of Israel, or Jerusalem.
Or...the generation He said it to.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Or...the generation He said it to.

No, because he'd just withered the tree, and that was a symbol, of Israel being destroyed in the near future.
But Israel would be brought back into their nation, and the fig tree puts forth new leaves.
Hence, the parable of the fig tree.
Context gives that Jesus was explaining that parable, and for those who see the fig tree bring forth new leaves.. that generation will not pass.

• Informative
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0