Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are asking for speculation; I am sure the God of Israel had no part in the removal of circumcision; circumcision is still practised by some, and the reason some do not get circumcised is that many doctors do not approve of it.

I believe Paul did not work alone but was an errant boy for the Pharisees. There was contention between Paul and the real apostles from Jerusalem; Paul would have led the apostles had they allowed it.

I reject Paul for infinite reasons, essentially, Paul is a distraction from Christ and His teaching,; if we consider Isaiah's prophesy, “they will use Christ's name only and wear their own apparel.” Paul becomes the apparel many Christians wear; many wear other apparel, but few wear the apparel provided by the Bridegroom; the many should expect to be cast out.

There is the covenant of the great living God of Israel; then there is: the covenant according to Moses, (Moses failed and was not allowed to enter the promised land); the covenant according to the Prophets; the covenant according to Jesus; the covenant according to Matthew, the covenant according to Mark; the covenant according to Luke; and the covenant according to John. There is a different covenant according to Paul, and if anyone preaches a different covenant to that of Paul, let them be cursed. The gaul of that bloke; he encountered an angel of light on the road to Damascus; he claims Satan can change into an angel of light; he claims to be the greatest sinner; he claimed the end cannot come until the man of sin is revealed; and all of this with a straight face.

There is more to circumcision than most realise. Circumcision begins the sanctification process; while Jesus's blood is God's blood of the covenant, in a blood covenant, blood is required in four ways, to establish the blood covenant Blood from each party to the covenant is required, when the covenant is broken the blood of the guilty party is required (could be each party). Circumcision is or was Israels blood of the covenant, a prerequisite for entering into the covenant; what do Christians use as their blood of the covenant; a glass of wine and a sun biscuit or a splashing of water.

I don't see Paul preparing anyone for the second coming of Christ. On the other hand the Prophets of old could have prepared Israel for the first coming of Christ, so can these same prophets prepare the world today for the second coming; Isaiah through to Malachi.
So I was right about there being a conspiracy theory. That Paul was actually a special agent of the Pharisees. And the plot was so diabolical that instead of promoting Judaizing gentile converts and insisting they be circumcised, he fought against the Judaizers and Pharisees because... well I'm not sure where the plot is supposed to go from there.

The ironic thing is that what you're espousing is much closer to what the Pharisees wanted Christian converts to be taught. It's what they were trying to push. For Jewish converts to Christ to remain as Old Covenant Jewish as possible, and especially for Gentile converts to Christ to become as Old Covenant Jewish as possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So I was right about there being a conspiracy theory. That Paul was actually a special agent of the Pharisees. And the plot was so diabolical that instead of promoting Judaizing gentile converts and insisting they be circumcised, he fought against the Judaizers and Pharisees because... well I'm not sure where the plot is supposed to go from there.

The ironic thing is that what you're espousing is much closer to what the Pharisees wanted Christian converts to be taught. It's what they were trying to push. For Jewish converts to Christ to remain as Old Covenant Jewish as possible, and especially for Gentile converts to Christ to become as Old Covenant Jewish as possible.

You are right about nothing; I have answered your questions; I am not interested in a personal brawl.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That would imply that the LORD made a mistake which is hysterical

Acts 9:15

The lord does not make mistakes, therefore the Law is perfect and unchangeable. Acts 9:15 is Luke saying what Paul said the Lord said; the only certification Paul has is what comes out of his own mouth; he has neither of the two witness (the Father or the Son); not mentioned in prophesy or in Revelation, unless by a different name.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The lord does not make mistakes, therefore the Law is perfect and unchangeable. Acts 9:15 is Luke saying what Paul said the Lord said; the only certification Paul has is what comes out of his own mouth; he has neither of the two witness (the Father or the Son); not mentioned in prophesy or in Revelation, unless by a different name.
I think given the choice between Luke and Peter validating Paul, and what sparow says, most of us are going to go with Luke and Peter.

• Agree
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think given the choice between Luke and Peter validating Paul, and what sparow says, most of us are going to go with Luke and Peter.

I think you statement is ridiculous, only Jesus and His Father could validate Paul, and both neglected to do so, they would have told their people beforehand, before it happened.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you statement is ridiculous, only Jesus and His Father could validate Paul, and both neglected to do so, they would have told their people beforehand, before it happened.
Jesus validated Paul according to Luke, just as the Father validated Jesus according to Luke.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calling me names won't help. I do not use Paul, I have no intention of doing so; what Peter and Luke said about Paul 2000 years ago carries no weight with me; neither Peter, Luke or Paul are authorities; only the Father has authority, and only Jesus is teacher; neither mention Paul unless by a different name.

Would you consider yourself a Red Letter Christian?

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus validated Paul according to Luke, just as the Father validated Jesus according to Luke.

We seem to be going in circles. How did Jesus validate Paul according Luke? How did the Father validate Jesus, according to Luke?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We seem to be going in circles. How did Jesus validate Paul according Luke? How did the Father validate Jesus, according to Luke?
Of course this is going in circles. Paul was validated by Jesus because Luke said so. If Luke's say so about Paul isn't good enough, then his say so about Jesus becomes equally unreliable. There's really no way of getting around that, no matter how much you want to. If you want to hold to a relatively new and unorthodox version of the gospel, that's fine. But of course most Christians are going to disagree with it, and point out the inescapable plot holes that exist within the contrary version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no rapture…. Hmmm…. I guess I will have to call it “The great catching away!”
Actually there was no rapture in Christian theology until 1820 when a teenage girl named Margaret MacDonald had a vision of it happening.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,928.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There is no rapture…. Hmmm…. I guess I will have to call it “The great catching away!”
A better and more accurate name for what will happen to fulfil 1 Thess 4:17 and Matthew 24:31, is: the Great Horizontal Transportation.
From where all the faithful People of God are to where Jesus is after He has come down from heaven. Initially in the clouds, then to Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Would you consider yourself a Red Letter Christian?

Sounds like something that needs to infect all of the sects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
A better and more accurate name for what will happen to fulfil 1 Thess 4:17 and Matthew 24:31, is: the Great Horizontal Transportation.
From where all the faithful People of God are to where Jesus is after He has come down from heaven. Initially in the clouds, then to Jerusalem.
It is nice for me to attend rapture believing churches as they show themselves as a more pure Christian congregation…

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:2-3

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,164.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Of course this is going in circles. Paul was validated by Jesus because Luke said so. If Luke's say so about Paul isn't good enough, then his say so about Jesus becomes equally unreliable. There's really no way of getting around that, no matter how much you want to. If you want to hold to a relatively new and unorthodox version of the gospel, that's fine. But of course most Christians are going to disagree with it, and point out the inescapable plot holes that exist within the contrary version.

Your arguments are based on your assumptions, and mine on my assumptions; my assumptions are better than yours (not to forget the Holy Spirit, that had replaced Jesus at that time). Jesus said, beware lest you, the very elect, be deceived; for me the warning guaranteed it would happen.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your arguments are based on your assumptions, and mine on my assumptions; my assumptions are better than yours (not to forget the Holy Spirit, that had replaced Jesus at that time). Jesus said, beware lest you, the very elect, be deceived; for me the warning guaranteed it would happen.
My arguments are based on orthodox Christian apologetics. The warning applies to strange, unusual, unsound, unorthodox doctrine.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,928.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is nice for me to attend rapture believing churches as they show themselves as a more pure Christian congregation…
Yes, it is nice when people agree with each other. Too bad their beliefs are wrong.
When the many Prophesies about a forthcoming worldwide disaster strikes, Isaiah 24:1-6, +, and those who wanted God to lift them out of it, find themselves still on earth, many will fall from their faith.
That is how God wants it to be. It will be our test of faith and trust in the Lord for His protection. 1 Peter 4:12

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it is nice when people agree with each other. Too bad their beliefs are wrong.
When the many Prophesies about a forthcoming worldwide disaster strikes, Isaiah 24:1-6, +, and those who wanted God to lift them out of it, find themselves still on earth, many will fall from their faith.
That is how God wants it to be. It will be our test of faith and trust in the Lord for His protection. 1 Peter 4:12
Just one moment with the Holy Spirit to me is worth the million dollars. I see above me a great sea of blessings proceeding from God the Father and wish it to flood my soul with its goodness! The Holy Spirit is good for the soul and is called by Christ Jesus the comforter. It is the Holy Spirit's business to prepare Christ a purified pride...

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:3
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard... - Colossians 1:23
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:8

What is the hope of the Gospel but in the appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ?

I think the Pharisee type, or even worse the Sadducee type (noting sad-you-see) as thinking they hold the truth but inside are ravening wolves seeking who they can condemn and devour with material they think, because they have been decades in the making, must be true.

Upvote 0