There Are a Thousand Gods. Is It Impossible To Make Choices?

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟199,040.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is a difficult thing to respond to...
Firstly, yes, I can defend...¨my claim¨...
But secondly, it doesn´t matter if I don´t defend...¨my claim¨

Again, TRUTH is TRUTH...it stands alone...it does not need to be argued or defended...regardless of whether men believe it or not...IT IS TRUTH...and it will REMAIN TRUTH...

You know repeating the word TRUTH doesn't make it TRUE.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you telling me that they do? If that is the case, how many children are born with a different belief in the US, and molded into christianity?
See this is what I mean..you offered this as some sort of truthful statement? Please supply some source you are referring to to make this claim sir...

It is YOUR claim...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
This is a CHRISTIAN forum, we are discussing GOD...and again, there is only ONE GOD and ONE TRUTH.
So... Christian men do not make mistakes? Or are we here to discuss mistakes? What are we "discussing" at all?

I don´t understand your position, sir...if to you there is NO gods, why are you here discussing anything at all
This is not a position I dogmatically hold. I use it to mirror your method of making unsubstantiated assertions.

It doesn't further "discussion". You say one thing, I say "na'ah". Rinse and repeat. This isn't discussion.
Perhaps you think it would be more in alignment of a "Christian" forum to not allow any expression that goes against the existence of your deity... but then what would be left?
Discussing the "additions of men"?

You would be left to "There is only one God"... and finish. Not even because you could back that up, or show how this is not a "mistake made by men"... just because dogma says so, and we are here to declare dogma.

See... I cannot claim to understand people. I don't claim to understand people. Heck, I DO claim that I do not understand people.
So I have no way to really respond to examples of muslim girls dreaming of Jesus and converting to Christianity.
I find it rather dubious, I could mention some corrobating circumstances having such a result, and I can provide a lot of examples of such things not happening.
But fundamentally: they all happen to other people, and I don't understand other people. No one does.

So I am left with talking about my own position. My own disbelief, and the reasons for that.
Christians have enormous difficulties adapting to that. I always seems as if they are trying to talk to a different person... a person of their own imaginiation.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to understand other people. Religious people. I'd love to understand why they "converted from atheism to Christianity"... and why so many of them lie about it.

It's difficult when people don't want to discuss, or simply cannot honestly discuss.
But I'm nothing but an optimist. I have been here on this forum for almost 20 years now... and I won't leave soon. Somehow after 20 years of having people telling me "there is only one God and one truth" in caps and prayer to, toward, over, on and about me... I am still an atheist. And I can't see that changing soon.

Well these spirits you can´t drink...and if there are these spirits (and there are) then there is a spiritual realm

And if there is a spiritual realm, then there are many spirits...but only ONE who is THE SPIRIT of GOD...

And in order for one to recognize HIM from other voices/spirits....one would have to grow in their knowledge of HIM...

GOD in HIS wisdom, shut up the mouths of every other lying whispering spirit...for many men will profess to have god(s) but deny THE SON...

And he who denies the SON, has not THE SON, nor THE FATHER who sent HIM...
Baseless assertions. I understand that you believe that... but why do you assume that posting that at me will have any effect on me?

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist
This is a difficult thing to respond to...
Firstly, yes, I can defend...¨my claim¨...
But secondly, it doesn´t matter if I don´t defend...¨my claim¨

Again, TRUTH is TRUTH...it stands alone...it does not need to be argued or defended...regardless of whether men believe it or not...IT IS TRUTH...and it will REMAIN TRUTH...
This is the apologetics forum. If you aren't here to defend your claim, why are you here?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So... Christian men do not make mistakes? Or are we here to discuss mistakes? What are we "discussing" at all?

This is not a position I dogmatically hold. I use it to mirror your method of making unsubstantiated assertions.

It doesn't further "discussion". You say one thing, I say "na'ah". Rinse and repeat. This isn't discussion.
Perhaps you think it would be more in alignment of a "Christian" forum to not allow any expression that goes against the existence of your deity... but then what would be left?
Discussing the "additions of men"?

You would be left to "There is only one God"... and finish. Not even because you could back that up, or show how this is not a "mistake made by men"... just because dogma says so, and we are here to declare dogma.

See... I cannot claim to understand people. I don't claim to understand people. Heck, I DO claim that I do not understand people.
So I have no way to really respond to examples of muslim girls dreaming of Jesus and converting to Christianity.
I find it rather dubious, I could mention some corrobating circumstances having such a result, and I can provide a lot of examples of such things not happening.
But fundamentally: they all happen to other people, and I don't understand other people. No one does.

So I am left with talking about my own position. My own disbelief, and the reasons for that.
Christians have enormous difficulties adapting to that. I always seems as if they are trying to talk to a different person... a person of their own imaginiation.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to understand other people. Religious people. I'd love to understand why they "converted from atheism to Christianity"... and why so many of them lie about it.

It's difficult when people don't want to discuss, or simply cannot honestly discuss.
But I'm nothing but an optimist. I have been here on this forum for almost 20 years now... and I won't leave soon. Somehow after 20 years of having people telling me "there is only one God and one truth" in caps and prayer to, toward, over, on and about me... I am still an atheist. And I can't see that changing soon.

Baseless assertions. I understand that you believe that... but why do you assume that posting that at me will have any effect on me?
But you aren´t the only one here who is reading,sir...so what may not have an effect on you, could have an effect on someone else..

But I appreciate what you have said, and I understand what you are saying...

There is only ONE GOD, and this response stemmed from the heading of this thread...

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the apologetics forum. If you aren't here to defend your claim, why are you here?
The thread is entitled thousands of gods...
My response is there is only ONE GOD...

And I went further in stating that GOD in HIS WISDOM, by sending HIS SON, shut up the mouths of every lying whispering spirit...for many will profess to have (thousands of) god(s) but when one denies THE SON, they deny THE ONE AND ONLY GOD and FATHER who sent HIM

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟199,040.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The thread is entitled thousands of gods...
My response is there is only ONE GOD...

And I went further in stating that GOD in HIS WISDOM, by sending HIS SON, shut up the mouths of every lying whispering spirit...for many will profess to have (thousands of) god(s) but when one denies THE SON, they deny THE ONE AND ONLY GOD and FATHER who sent HIM

Ok, you clearly don't understand this subforum of this site. Maybe just post in the Chritians only area..?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to Dr Michael Shermer, there are a thousand gods around*. And many more non-theistic religions.
Here is an overview of the important ones: BBC - Religion: Religions
Atheists commonly say that it makes no sense to believe that one religion has it right and all the others fail in some sort.
But why don't you take into account those deist religions
- that are still active as opposed to Germanic religions or the Nordic ones...
- that promise an afterlife.
... and make a choice according to what they say?

Thomas

*see minute 7:40 of the video posted here LINK.

People believe whatever they want to believe .... some state "reasons" ... some have no reasons at all.

Christianity is one of many beliefs .... believe it ... or don't .... and that is exactly how Jesus works .... accept Him ... or not .... it's not a forced issue with Him. You can't force someone to love another ... we know that ... God knows that.

Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0