N/A
✟150,300.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This phrase was used to describe the high priesthood role, as I mentioned back on the first page of this post. To "stand before the Lord of the whole earth" spoke to the access which only the high priests had into the Holy of Holies. The "lampstand" imagery was a symbol of lighting the entrance to the Holy of Holies where only the high priests were allowed to go. The high priesthood role served as God's witness to the people of Israel, and as their representative before the Lord. That is, until Christ, whose anointing as our Great High Priest made that Levitical high priesthood outmoded and defunct - needing to be laid aside as part of the "weak and beggarly elements".
I understand what you are saying and its another possible explanation.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,300.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
St. Augustine reckoned the two witnesses were the Old and New Testaments. That's not a hill I'm going to die on, but it's as good an opinion as any other.

-CryptoLutheran
In what sense did the beast kill the OT and NT, though?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In what sense did the beast kill the OT and NT, though?

Not sure how Augustine treats that. I'm only vaguely aware of Augustine identifying the witnesses in this way.

Editing: Upon doing some digging, it doesn't appear that this was Augustine's view after all.

But a later writer, Prismasius of Hadrumetum, put forward that the two witnesses are ecclesia duobus testamentis praedicans etprophetans, "The Church preaching and prophesying in two testaments" But, again, I don't have much to work on other than a secondary source outlining ideas--but from what I can gather there is a sense here that the Church is understood as being the witness which is opposed by antichrist, not in a literal sense but more in a spiritual sense. So other ideas surrounding this tend to, for example, view the fire that comes out of the witnesses mouth to be prayers of the Church. The ideas of the Church facing hostile oppression from various temporal powers over the course of history.

The problem with historical exegesis on the Apocalypse is that very few writers really engaged with the Apocalypse, and the few that did tend to do so without really being too overly attached to their opinions, and much seems presented as guess and postulation.

As strange as it may seem to us moderns, the Apocalypse historically had very little impact and use in the Church when it came to Eschatology. The Revelation became a much more important book, based on my reading of history, in the modern era than it ever was in the ancient and medieval eras It wasn't even widely accepted as Scripture for most of the first thousand years of Christian history (having a stronger place in the West than in the East). The most important things in the Apocalypse, for the Church, was really in the shaping of the liturgy.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys, I know that sometimes it is used on this forum to identify what ALL SCRIPTURE is, ( very much including AND ESPECIALLY in the case of the book of Revelation) and all scripture is GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that THE MAN OF GOD, may be perfect, THOROUGHLY FURNISHED unto ALL good works.

2 Timothy 3:16 ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished UNTO ALL GOOD WORKS.

Because if you guys also remember, NO PROPHECY of the SCRIPTURES is not of ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.

The prophecy came by holy men of God as they were MOVED by the HOLY GHOST. ( ALL SCRIPTURE IS GIVEN BY INSPIRATION OF GOD.)

Blessed is he that reads and he that HEARS, the words of THIS PROPHECY.

2 Peter 1:20 KNOWING THIS FIRST, that NO PROPHECY OF THE SCRIPTURES IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVED B Y THE HOLY GHOST.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that HEAR THE WORDS OF THIS PROPHECY, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

It is right to set out the first thing to know, and it is right to know we are commanded by God to ALL SPEAK THE SAME THING, NO DIVISIONS, PERFECTLY JONED TOGETHER IN THE SAME MIND AND SAME JUDGEMENT, ( 1 Corinthians 1:10.) not varying opinions which also reveal very little, because they must be for the purpose given, to correct us, to reprove us, to reveal to us the way to all good works. ( belief in the Lord Jesus Christ is the purpose of all scripture/revealing to us the path of life. Psalm 16:11. John 14:6.)

Look back in the thread and remember the opinions, how the two witnesses are claimed to be Elijah and Moses, Or Israel as the witnesses, and also the apostles as the witnesses.

First see the actual account of when Jesus was transfigured before Peter, James and John, ( important for you guys to understand/believe, who the two witnesses will be in Revelation, and what all of Revelation is for, for you all. ) Moses and Elias are talking with Jesus, and Peter shows three tabernacles was his thought, but while Peter spoke, a bright cloud overshadows them, and a voice tells Peter, James and John, this is the Fathers Son, in whom the Father is well pleased, and to HEAR HIM.

Peter continues in 2 Peter 1, in this same place where we are told to NOT GIVE ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION OF THE PROPHECY, ( VERY MUCH INCLUDING REVELATIONS WORDS OF PROPHECY) how the apostles did not follow CUNNINGLY DEVISED FABLES, making known to us ( the world) the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, ( which the many antichrist spirits come into the world, deny Jesus Christ has come in the flesh) and the apostles of the Lord were eyewitnesses of His majesty.

The Son of God received from God the Father honour and glory when a voice came to Him from the excellent glory, God saying, this is HIs beloved Son, in whom He is well pleased.

The voice came from heaven which Peter James and John heard when they were with Him in the holy mount.

Now pay attention all, to what is instructed to all, how Peter, James and John, ( the actual eyewitnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ) have a MORE SURE WORD OF PROPHECY, and you do well to take heed, as unto a light, shining in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Matthew 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Here is exactly the purpose why we are instructed to not make the prophecy of the scriptures of any private interpretation, because there were false prophets among the people, ( of Israel) EVEN AS THERE SHALL BE FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU.

These "teachers" deny the Lord that bought them, ( the antichrist spirit) and many follow those pernicious ( subtle) ways, and they use feigned words to MAKE MERCHANDISE OF YOU. ( their judgement and damnation is coming soon)

Peter tells again of the scriptures being wrested, ( giving private interpretation/with feigned words) that some things are hard to be understood, by the unlearned and unstable, but that they wrest against the things Paul wrote, and the other scriptures also, to their own destruction.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continuing on from Peter saying, until the day dawning and the day star arising in your hearts.

Jesus speaks saying He is the light of the world, and he that follows Him shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

The Pharisees ( like those with feigned words today) also are meant to have different opinion and disagree with Jesus, but Jesus has to correct them, and although He does bear record of Himself, His record we know is true, because He alone came from heaven, and He alone ascends up again, and His judgement is true, as He is not alone, the Son and the Father that sent Him always together, the Son therefore bears witness of Himself, and the Father that sent Him bears witness of the Son, and if the Pharisees had known the Son, they would have known the Father also.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

This is important ( essential) for you guys in your discussion, the Son has just judgement seeking the will of the Father who sent Him, ( and with Him) and so the Son is not bearing witness of Himself, ( as He seeks the will of the Father) and the Father bears witness of the Son, and the Fathers witness, the Son of God knows, is true.

Even though John the Baptist bears witness to the truth, ( or Elijah or Moses are witnesses) Jesus Christ the Son of God DOES NOT RECEIVE TESTIMONY, ( WITNESS/WITNESSES) FROM MAN, but Jesus speaks so we may be saved by God. ( from man)

Jesus Christ has GREATER WITNESS than that of John, ( or any MAN) for the works the Father gave the Son TO FINISH, the same works that the Son of God did, ( finished) BEAR WITNESS of the Son, that the Father sent Him.

The Fathers Word abiding in us, ( the Son of God) to believe in HIs witness, the scriptures which they think they have eternal life in them, are they which TESTIFY ( WITNESS) of Jesus Christ, and they would not come to Him, that they might have life. (Jesus Christ is the light of the world: he that follows Him shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.)

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those same works that the Father gave the Son to finish, bear witness of Him.

Those works were finished, all things were now accomplished, the scripture fulfilled, Jesus said it is finished, bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.

John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 19:28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

The witness now is that Jesus Christ rose the third day.

Peter tells of the peace that was preached by Jesus Christ who is Lord of all, which was after John the Baptist preached, God anointing Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power, going about doing good, healing all oppressed of the devil, God HIs Father with Him, and the apostles witnesses of all things Jesus Christ our Lord did, who the people of Israel killed and hung on the tree of the cross, and God raised Christ up the THIRD DAY, showed Him openly, to witnesses, the apostles who ate and drank with Him after He rose from the dead. Jesus commanded them to preach unto the people, to testify ( WITNESS) that it is HE, which was ordained of God to be the judge, of quick and dead, and that to HIM, give all the prophets WITNESS, that through HIS NAME, whosoever BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS. While Peter spoke, ( While he/Peter yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; HEAR YE HIM. Matthew 17:1.) the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the WORD.

Acts 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without private interpretation, let Jesus tell us of heavenly things Himself. NO man ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, which is EVEN THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.

The Son of man shows why this is, because He came down from heaven so the Son of man must be lifted up, that whosoever believes on Him ( being lifted up/risen again the third day) should not perish, but have eternal life. ( believing in Christ rising, having Christ who is eternal life, in you)

Jesus is the bread of God which came down from heaven and gives life unto the world.

Jesus came down from heaven not to do HIs own will, but the will of the Father who sent Him.

Jesus is that bread that came down from heaven, that a man may eat of Him and not die. ( believing in your heart He is alive and risen)

Jesus Christ is the living bread which came down from heaven, ( living bread cannot be held in death.) if any man eats of that bread, he shall live for ever, for the bread that Jesus gives is HIs flesh, ( the antichrist spirit denies Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. 1 John 4:3. 2 John 1:7.) which Christ gave for the life of the world.

The righteousness which is of faith speaks on this wise, Say not in your heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

The word is near to us, even in our mouth, and in our heart: that is, the word of faith, which the apostles preach, that if we shall confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in our heart that God has raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved. With the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

John 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Believing in anything other than Jesus Christ rising from the dead does not save us, neither does listening to the antichrist spirit, which denies this is all about Jesus Christ coming in the flesh. ( to die for our sins)

Look with eyes for salvation and they can only see Jesus Christ risen in these scriptures, how it is that same beast that came to Christ, and killed, in Jerusalem, where our Lord was crucified, who confirmed the covenant with many for one week, three and a half years testifying to Israel, and the other half of that, three and a half days dead in the great city, but after three days Jesus rose again, and ascended up to heaven in a cloud.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Acts 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 11 covers a time when Ephraim and Judah come together as one nation and are granted military success, as detailed in Ezekiel 37, Joel 3, and Zechariah 12. The imagery of fire coming out of their mouths and devouring anyone that tries to harm them can be seen from how Israel retaliates with air strikes when the militants of the nations around them attack their people. When ground forces attack a town, Israel invades an entire city.

I believe we are living in the time of the Two Witnesses. I believe the Times of the Gentiles are coming to a close and God is going bring judgment on the nations surround Jerusalem. Daniel 9:27 says that the prince of the people to come would confirm a covenant with many for the final week of years. I believe the “many” referenced here are the nations surrounding Israel, those of Psalm 83. Even as I type this, the Arab world, both Sunni and Shi’ite, are coming together in opposition of Israel’s invasion of Gaza. This makes me believe that the time of the end of the Gentiles is at hand.

Thoughts?
The Two witnesses suddenly show up JUST (only days) before the abomination that will divide the week. That is at least 3.5 years still into our future.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or we know the only faithful witness is Jesus Christ.

Here are two faithful and true witnesses for everyone below. ( DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHERS)

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Reactions: One Son
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

One Son

Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2016
USA
✟652,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Democrat
Or we know the only faithful witness is Jesus Christ.

Here are two faithful and true witnesses for everyone below. ( DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHERS)

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Good post

1Cor.15:44 it is sown a natural(soul) body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural(soul) body, there is also a spiritual body . 45So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural(soul); then that which is spiritual.

Jn.3:3(ISV) Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;’
4Nicodemus saith unto him, ‘How is a man able to be born, being old? is he able into the womb of his mother a second time to enter, and to be born?’ 5Jesus answered, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God; 6that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit. 7‘Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above; 8the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.’

46 Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural(soul); then that which is spiritual.

14And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;’

jn.5;17 For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him; 18he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

jn.5;22for neither doth the Father judge any one, but all the judgment He hath given to the Son, 23that all may honour the Son according as they honour the Father; he who is not honouring the Son, doth not honour the Father who sent him.

jn.12;48 'He who is rejecting me, and not receiving my sayings, hath one who is judging him, the word that I spake, that will judge him in the last day,

46Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural(soul); then that which is spiritual.

14And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.

Jn.15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.

then that which is spiritual.

1Pet.2:5 ye also, as living stones, are built up a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Rev.12:5 And she was delivered of a son, a man child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and unto his throne. 6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that there they may nourish her a thousand two hundred and threescore day. (after baptism).

5Jesus answered, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God; 6that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit. 7‘Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above; 8the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.’

SoS 3:3 The watchmen that go about the city found me; To whom I said , Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
4It was but a little that I passed from them, When I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, Until I had brought him into my mother's house, And into the chamber of her that conceived me.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2Cor.5:17).

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good post

1Cor.15:44 it is sown a natural(soul) body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural(soul) body, there is also a spiritual body . 45So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. 46Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural(soul); then that which is spiritual.

Jn.3:3(ISV) Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;’
4Nicodemus saith unto him, ‘How is a man able to be born, being old? is he able into the womb of his mother a second time to enter, and to be born?’ 5Jesus answered, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God; 6that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit. 7‘Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above; 8the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.’

46 Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural(soul); then that which is spiritual.

Jesus answered and said to him, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born from above, he is not able to see the reign of God;’

jn.5;17 For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him; 18he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

jn.5;22for neither doth the Father judge any one, but all the judgment He hath given to the Son, 23that all may honour the Son according as they honour the Father; he who is not honouring the Son, doth not honour the Father who sent him.

jn.12;48 'He who is rejecting me, and not receiving my sayings, hath one who is judging him, the word that I spake, that will judge him in the last day,

46Howbeit that is not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural(soul); then that which is spiritual.

Jn.15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.

then that which is spiritual.

1Pet.2:5 ye also, as living stones, are built up a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Rev.12:5 And she was delivered of a son, a man child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and unto his throne. 6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that there they may nourish her a thousand two hundred and threescore day. (after baptism).

5Jesus answered, ‘Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God; 6that which hath been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which hath been born of the Spirit is spirit. 7‘Thou mayest not wonder that I said to thee, It behoveth you to be born from above; 8the Spirit where he willeth doth blow, and his voice thou dost hear, but thou hast not known whence he cometh, and whither he goeth; thus is every one who hath been born of the Spirit.’

SoS 3:3 The watchmen that go about the city found me; To whom I said , Saw ye him whom my soul loveth?
4It was but a little that I passed from them, When I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, Until I had brought him into my mother's house, And into the chamber of her that conceived me.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2Cor.5:17).
The good post has to be love in deed and truth, not in tongue or word.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
The Two witnesses suddenly show up JUST (only days) before the abomination that will divide the week. That is at least 3.5 years still into our future.
You don’t think the 1,260 days could be symbolic of the time the Maccabees fought for independence?

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:24
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations:
and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Revelation 11:2

The court which is WITHOUT the temple leave out ... for it is given (will be given) unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. - 1260 days -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 21:24
24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations:
and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Revelation 11:2
The court which is WITHOUT the temple leave out ... for it is given (will be given) unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. - 1260 days -
1 Corinthians 2:2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 120 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,769.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 2:2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 Corinthians 120 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
Matthew 24:12-14

12 But because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the END, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the END come.

Romans 2:7-12

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, ETERNAL life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the Truth, but obey unrighteousness, INDIGNATION and WRATH,

9 TRIBULATION and ANGUISH upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew FIRST, and also of the GENTILE;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew FIRST, and also to the GENTILE:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD.

12 For as many as have sinned without Law(the Gentiles) shall also PERISH without Law: and as many as have sinned in the Law shall be JUDGED by the Law;

Upvote 0