The South Jersey Shore ISN"T the Northeast!

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
OK, guys. This forum is super! What a wonderful way to meet people is our own neighborhood. But I must object strenuously, tho cheerfully, to all of NJ being designated as Northeast. Not true. :p

The south Jersey shore is definitely Mid-Atlantic and I, for one, will refuse to post my Jersey shore posts in the Northeast section. No, no, no, never. :mad:

That said, anyone else from south Jersey? Cumberland, Salem, Cape May, Atlantic counties. If you are from Tom's River, you are North Jersey, not South Jersey. :rolleyes: :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Ampmonster said:
im in bridgewater. if toms river is north jersey, im in the artic circle.

Toms River likes to think it's South Jersey because it's so cool down here, but if you can commute to NYC to work, you are too far north for south Jersey! :D

Where's Bridgewater?

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ampmonster said:
Tom's river is north jersey?
I used to live in TR when I was a teenager. Went to TR West and later TR South. Spent most of my time hanging out at the Cosmic Surf Shop on 37 and pumping quarters into the DonkeyKong machine at the bowling alley.

I've never thought of it as South Jersey.

To me, anything north of Trenton or (at the shore) north of AC is New York.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
MikeMcK said:
We have a house in Cape May. That's about as South Jersey as it gets.

I guess!!!! I'm in Avalon but I'm in Cape May all the time at Louisa's restaurant on the Mall or yard saleing or whatever!!!! Is your house seasonal? Mine is - no heat and it's finally getting cold!

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Ms.Babylon said:
I spent ten days in Cape May this summer, for a family reunion.
Cape May is a beautiful area of New Jersey...I wouldn't mind going back again.

I agree Ms. Babylon - I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Cape May. That's how my family started coming here - Mom and Dad would rent for a month and have us kids and families for a week. They wouldn't let us stay any longer than that! LOL!

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
SonWorshipper said:
Yup , definatly Mid-Atlantic, :wave: Born and raised in Cumberland, in the largest city in the state. ;) Spent my summers W/e in Ocean or Sea Isle City. :) Nighttime is Wild wood time though! ;)

Oh yea - Wildwood at night! What a hoot! :clap:

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
I guess!!!! I'm in Avalon but I'm in Cape May all the time at Louisa's restaurant on the Mall or yard saleing or whatever!!!! Is your house seasonal?
We don't do the mall a lot, although I do love the Ugly Mug and the Jackson Mountain Cafe.

My favorite place there is the Bayview in the Crest. Great sunset view and good happy hours.

Is your house seasonal? Mine is - no heat and it's finally getting cold!
It's supposed to be but between me and my friends, my mother, my sister and her husband and whoever's using it that weekend, there's almost always somebody there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
MikeMcK said:
I love WW but there are too many kids and too many New Yorkers. I prefer North WW (aka, "The Irish Riviera").

LOL - Irish Riviera! What about all those condos? I had been looking to cash in the Avalon house and get a small place in NWW, but I don't want to spend all the money now.

The churches in the area have Boardwalk ministries on the weekends! at least one person / weekend has accepted the Lord. :clap: Also, good Christian concerts and events at the new Convention Center - usually free but for parking! It's been a good summer Christian-wise!

Also, if you are ever here on Thursday, please go to the community prayer service, noon, at the Methodist Church in Cape May Courthouse. It's terrific!

Cape May County is blessed by great churches and preachers. That's for sure! I'm really not that anxious to return to FL this year. Ah well, I'm putting central heat in next year and can stay to Christmas then!

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
LOL - Irish Riviera!
Yeah, there's a huge Irish American contigent there and all of the kids who come over to work every summer from Ireland stay there. They have a great Irish festival every year and a friend's band used to be one of the headliners there.

Check out the Anglesea Pub sometime. It's the only place at shore to watch hurling matches on TV.

The churches in the area have Boardwalk ministries on the weekends!
Didn't they just have a fire at the little chapel on the boardwalk.

at least one person / weekend has accepted the Lord.
I used to have a friend who preached there and he always said that people were very attentive to the Gospel.

Also, if you are ever here on Thursday, please go to the community prayer service, noon, at the Methodist Church in Cape May Courthouse. It's terrific!
OK. I will keep that in mind.

By the way, just to clarify for those who may not know (this used to confuse the heck out of me) Cape May Courthouse is the name of a nearby town, not the actual Cape May Courthouse.

I'm really not that anxious to return to FL this year.
Funny, I used to live in the Keys and now I spend the majority of my time tying to figure out how to get back to Florida. :cool:

Mike

Upvote 0

BarbB

Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
MikeMcK said:
Yeah, there's a huge Irish American contigent there and all of the kids who come over to work every summer from Ireland stay there. They have a great Irish festival every year and a friend's band used to be one of the headliners there.

Check out the Anglesea Pub sometime. It's the only place at shore to watch hurling matches on TV.

Funny, I used to live in the Keys and now I spend the majority of my time tying to figure out how to get back to Florida. :cool:

Mike

LOL - surely you don't mean hurling as in too much beer hurling - do you? :p

I love Florida, Mike, but the loading the minivan to go back and forth and leave the house clean and picked up and say goodbye to everyone on both the NJ and FL sides is tough. Now my stepdaughter is going to live 20 mi away from me in FL and my best Christian friend lives 30 miles from me in FL but my family is here in VA and PA - wow, talk about being torn! Well, there are people in this world with real problems and I'm whining about my blessings!

I've only been to Key West but thought it was really cute - with wonderful food!

I only got to the Lobster House once this year. :(

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
newlamb said:
LOL - surely you don't mean hurling as in too much beer hurling - do you? :p
LOL...No, but hang around long enough and you may see that, too. It's a regular feature of the Irish Festival.

No, it's a game from Ireland that looks kind of like a cross between field hockey and lacross but with the intensity of AHL ice hockey (for lack of a better description).

I love Florida, Mike, but the loading the minivan to go back and forth and leave the house clean and picked up and say goodbye to everyone on both the NJ and FL sides is tough. Now my stepdaughter is going to live 20 mi away from me in FL and my best Christian friend lives 30 miles from me in FL but my family is here in VA and PA - wow, talk about being torn! Well, there are people in this world with real problems and I'm whining about my blessings!
I understand. I could probably go back tomorrow but I don't want to leave my family either, especially now that my mom's getting older.

I've only been to Key West but thought it was really cute - with wonderful food!
There is great food there. Pepe's (my favorite), Blue Heaven, Louie's Backyard, HookiLau (for when the grandparents come to town).

I only got to the Lobster House once this year. :(
I like teh Lobster House. I only got to the Bayview a couple of times and I didn't get to the Rio Station at all.

Upvote 0