Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Are you really talking to me, after the post I have just given?Anyone who can foresee the civil war thirty years before it started, and and say in which state it would begin, was just guessing?

What reason do I have to believe that George Washington could "foresee the civil war thirty years before it started"?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh, sorry. See post # 54, 49, or 6.

He cares about everything.

As to the question #54 which is worst in His Eyes,

Of arrogance He says, "I cannot abide."

Those who walk with an outstretched neck and look down on others,

He says, "I cannot abide."

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Those who walk with an outstretched neck and look down on others,

He says, "I cannot abide."

Well, that's exactly what people are doing when they say that granting equal rights to such-and-such group will cause god to abandon the country and cause civilization to spiral into chaos.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, that's exactly what people are doing when they say that granting equal rights to such-and-such group will cause god to abandon the country and cause civilization to spiral into chaos.

Is not so called civilization already in chaos?

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
A God who cares about relationships doesn't sound so bad to me.
The spin doctor is strong with this one.

Yeah, nobody minds if someone really cares about people not abusing each other and/or being happy together.

What we're talking about *here*, however, is someone who basically sets your house on fire because he doesn't like who you're with and/or does not approve of your and your partner's sexual tastes.
AND who apparently considers all of that more important than weapons deals with Saudi Arabia, the wholesale destruction of the planet, or any other actual, real problem that's not just some people loving each other.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
I'm sitting here wondering about the similarities between the OP and the Bundy's who have taken over the Malheur Bird sanctuary here in Oregon. I've stayed at Malheur, and consider it a very special place, so much so that I have feelings that terrorist have desecrated a sacred land.

What's coming to light is that the Bundy's have an odd Morman connection. The Mormon church has made it clear that they do not condone the Bundy's action. And I think it wrong to say that what they do is a Mormon movement. At the same time the Bundy family claims a Mormon faith as inspiration for their cause. Remember the stand off at the Bundy Ranch in Nevada? Ammon Bundy, who has led the occupation of Malheur has even explained that it was God who called him to this action in Oregon. What's new to me is what looks like an undercurrent of Civil War Thought going on with in the Mormon Church, (as also seen in the OP?) and I'm wondering what you all know about that?

Googling "Bundy Mormon" brought up several articles explaining their odd brand of Mormonism. Here's one:
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/01/04/3735830/bundy-mormonism/

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Given their constant appeals to County Sheriffs makes me think they are associated with the Posse Comitatus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_(organization)

"Posse members believe that there is no legitimate form of government above that of the county level and no higher law authority than the county sheriff.[6] If the sheriff refuses to carry out the will of the county's citizens:

...he shall be removed by the Posse to the most populated intersection of streets in the township and at high noon be hung by the neck, the body remaining until sundown as an example to those who would subvert the law"

That could easily lead to terrorism.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Voice;

Yes I agree with you we are in tribulation, when Obama draped the White House in rainbow colors he broke the covenant made with Noah, it’s all down hill from here.
So there were no covenants broken when Washington designed the District of Columbia to be a giant occultic talisman, replete with the White House sitting at the bottom of a giant inverted pentagram? All that witchcraft didn't matter but when Obama shone "gay" lights on the White House THEN covenants were broken? Unbelievable! I guess gays are bad but witchcraft, the occult, freemasonry, paganism, etc. are no problem at all...

It's funny to me how people think Obama is bringing down a country that was "good" despite since its inception being heavily influenced and governed by occultic pagan and Satanic/witchcraft ideologies. Let alone the mammon-worship our nation has indulged in for at least 30 years now...

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
So there were no covenants broken when Washington designed the District of Columbia to be a giant occultic talisman, replete with the White House sitting at the bottom of a giant inverted pentagram? All that witchcraft didn't matter but when Obama shone "gay" lights on the White House THEN covenants were broken? Unbelievable! I guess gays are bad but witchcraft, the occult, freemasonry, paganism, etc. are no problem at all...

It's funny to me how people think Obama is bringing down a country that was "good" despite since its inception being heavily influenced and governed by occultic pagan and Satanic/witchcraft ideologies. Let alone the mammon-worship our nation has indulged in for at least 30 years now...

Well, it was rather influenced by the aesthetics of Freemasonry, which are occult, and which some people say are Satanic; frankly I regard Masonic aesthetics as dull and pedantic; not an attemot at theurgy in the manner of say, a Wiccan, but rather an attempt to create some sort of liturgy for deists, Unitarians and other persons afflicted with the distilled tedium of the radical reformation compounded by the Enlightenment. Thus, Freemasonry is occult in the same sense the Cult of Reason and the Cult of the Supreme Being, propagated by French revolutionaries, were occult.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

It's funny to me think that people are freaking out over the arrangement and decoration of buildings when the lawmakers' response to an elementary school mass shooting is to protect the guns.

Upvote 0