Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
" be ye fruitful and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein." Gen 9

Without going into too much detail (because the forum rules won't allow it):

You do realize that nothing in this quote clashes with the symbolism of the white house in rainbow colours, don't you?
And do you know why?
Because no heterosexual person will go and say: "Oh well, if we do not persecute and discriminate against homosexuals any longer, I'll go and find myself a same-sex partner instead of falling in love with people of the opposite sex as I used to."
Nor will homosexuals suddenly be attracted to the opposite sex if you just harass and punish them enough.

The threat posed to traditional families by the USSC's decision? Zip. Nada. Nil. It doesn't even remotely concern them.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The threat posed to traditional families by the USSC's decision? Zip. Nada. Nil. It doesn't even remotely concern them.

Some of the states legalized same sex marriage over a decade ago and not only did god not lift a finger about it, but life continued on.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some of the states legalized same sex marriage over a decade ago and not only did god not lift a finger about it, but life continued on.

You sound a little like those who would not listen to Noah.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

You want to blame the end of the world on a group of people, not caring how they're demonized in the process, and not have any responsibility when the end doesn't happen. I would not listen to Noah, I would not listen to you, and if that's how your god truly works, then I would be proud not to listen to him.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I'd worry more about carbon emissions, weapons deals with Saudi Arabia (the world's #1 financial backer of all things terrorism), the culture of violence (where simulated gore is perfect entertainment for all ages, and guns are a fetish), overconsumption of non-regenerative resources, the growing Great Pacific Garbage Patch, the alarming extinction rate (1,000-10,000 times above the natural average), the shrinking rainforests, and many other things.

If there was a divine being out there who cares more about what kind of relationships people embrace and what their sexual preferences are, I could only turn my back on it, because it CLEARLY needs to sort out its priorities.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I would not listen to Noah, I would not listen to you, and if that's how your god truly works, then I would be proud not to listen to him.

You're in good company. Everyone but Noah's own family listened to him. But at least they were proud, even though they ended up dead as a result.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'd worry more about carbon emissions, weapons deals with Saudi Arabia (the world's #1 financial backer of all things terrorism), the culture of violence (where simulated gore is perfect entertainment for all ages, and guns are a fetish), overconsumption of non-regenerative resources, the growing Great Pacific Garbage Patch, the alarming extinction rate (1,000-10,000 times above the natural average), the shrinking rainforests, and many other things.

If there was a divine being out there who cares more about what kind of relationships people embrace and what their sexual preferences are, I could only turn my back on it, because it CLEARLY needs to sort out its priorities.

A God who cares about relationships doesn't sound so bad to me. But worrying about all those things you mentioned isn't going to change anything about those matters. Those things are distractions.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You're in good company. Everyone but Noah's own family listened to him. But at least they were proud, even though they ended up dead as a result.

And then Noah's family then had incestuous relationships...and then also died.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
A God who cares about relationships doesn't sound so bad to me. But worrying about all those things you mentioned isn't going to change anything about those matters. Those things are distractions.

So your god is really more interested in who's having sex with whom more than the destruction of the environment, genocide, terrorism, and violence?

Reactions: Jane_the_Bane
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
He cares about relationships,

but He has a softspot for orphans and widows and the poor,

How many tears are not falling on the alter at this moment
because of "distractions"?

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So your god is really more interested in who's having sex with whom more than the destruction of the environment, genocide, terrorism, and violence?
Being good stewards over the earth is very important but the relationships we have with our loved ones will go on forever.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll just try one more time here. Which is considered to be worse in the eyes of your god: Killing millions of people/terrorism/violence/destruction of the environment or two people of the same gender who have consensual sex in the privacy of their home? Or are these the same?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married

America continues to function because it turns out...gays are actually not the most evil thing to happen to America. What a shock! Maybe God has bigger problems to care about? Or maybe America isn't God's chosen nation? Or maybe he doesn't care at all.

It's probably a combination of the three, really.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The difference is that in the story Noah was actually right about the coming deluge.

The same can't be said here. No, I don't believe the OP is some sort of second Noah, I consider the OP delusional.

"But that's what people said about Noah too!"

Sure, it's also what people have said about hundreds of people proclaiming immanent doom and gloom that never happened. I'm rather confident that the OP is with the latter rather than the former. As a Christian I have the words of Christ, and so I'm not interested in what self-proclaimed seers and prophecy-makers have to say.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I reponded to Aldebarans post.

I cannot find any question mark there.

So if I have missed something tell me what question you are talking about.

Oh, sorry. See post # 54, 49, or 6.

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
America continues to function because it turns out...gays are actually not the most evil thing to happen to America. What a shock! Maybe God has bigger problems to care about? Or maybe America isn't God's chosen nation? Or maybe he doesn't care at all.

It's probably a combination of the three, really.

Anti-choice groups say all the time that god is going to abandon the country because of abortion, and anti-gay groups say civilization will collapse because of same sex marriage, and Republicans blame the Democrats, and various clergy say that god will smite the country for allowing non-Christian monuments next to Christian ones, while others say immigration will ruin the country. It just seems that they want to blame whomever they have a personal bias against and then raise a lot of money by scaring people into thinking god is going to abandon us. Personally, I don't think any god is really that shallow, but it's a free country...I guess.

Reactions: Zoness
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
There's another way of looking at those "distractions".

I firmly believe that taking care of those things mentioned by Jane is not a distraction at all. There is a whole undercurrent of lovers of God who believe that by doing those things what they are doing is taking care of God...or at least the Divine creative expression of God. I'm one of those. It's very sacred to us.

In stead of what the OP sets up, I don't have to go far to see the civil war to come has more to do about saving the earth vs. saving the dollar. I think that's basically, when you get to the nitty gritty, is what the Global Warming battle is about.

Upvote 0