Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Let's just remember for the record that this is the same rubbish and lie you've been spouting on c.f. for a couple of years..
A lot of Christians do Not do it at all
In 30+ years iv not meet One who after they received the holy spirit..went and got tattooed .
You really need to stop promoting this False info to support your ongoing fleshly and sinful fetish
Alithis, when it comes to the ownership of the various tattoo dens here in Australia I struggle to believe that there is even one that is either not owned or being 'protected' by an outlaw bike gang or by another criminal organisation; what is the situation in New Zealand, is it much the same as here in Australia?

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Among military spouses also it's become very widespread; someone was on here a while ago saying his wife is urged to have it done by other military wives.
This in my view would be a good enough reason on its own to relegate the practice of bodily defacement into the bin of carnality.

• Winner
Reactions: Alithis
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alithis, when it comes to the ownership of the various tattoo dens here in Australia I struggle to believe that there is even one that is either not owned or being 'protected' by an outlaw bike gang or by another criminal organisation; what is the situation in New Zealand, is it much the same as here in Australia?
I don't frequent them to know lol.but I do observe the relentless demonic inspiration in most of the designs on the Windows. ... I certainly know no disciples of Jesus who run such a worldly business

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Judgemental and erring what a wonderful combo, kudos to you.
Yes..the same error the apostles never ceased to make... Disalowing sin in any form and demanding we be Not confirmed to this world... Oh those judgmental apostles tut tut them

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marking or cutting your bodies to recognize or in honor of the DEAD was wrong in the OT as it was a form of worshiping another (small G) god. We now live under grace and, as with most things, the nature and CONTEXT of the tattoo should be considered...
Acknowledge the Lord in ALL your ways.... The context of HIS will should be considered FIRST.
Those who just go and do whatever they think is right “in thier own eyes“
And refuse to acknowledge the Lord are ,in that very state of rebellion, already in sin.
It not surprising then that their chosen actions follow suite.
Sin does not beget righteousness.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't frequent them to know lol.but I do observe the relentless demonic inspiration in most of the designs on the Windows. ... I certainly know no disciples of Jesus who run such a worldly business
Oh yes indeed, I should say that my information comes strictly from the media as attacks on tattoo dens occur on a fairly regular basis.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes indeed, I should say that my information comes strictly from the media as attacks on tattoo dens occur on a fairly regular basis.
So ..we observe the probable pattern.

A person desires of the carnal mind (which is under the influence of the spirit of This world[anti christ] ) to go get a tattoo..,then refusing to acknowldge God in the situation (probably because thier hearts know already he will say No and they don't want to hear it) they go get and pay for thier tattoo.
Now..in this carnal action,motivated by thewill of the flesh which is at enmity to the holy spirit..they ,in all probability,funded a criminal organisation, and assisted some distant person into a drug overdose on drugs supplied by said criminal organisation.

And they then promote this godless behaviour and say..it's not sinful..

Did I read too much into your reference..?

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Acknowledge the Lord in ALL your ways.... The context of HIS will should be considered FIRST.
Those who just go and do whatever they think is right “in thier own eyes“
And refuse to acknowledge the Lord are ,in that very state of rebellion, already in sin.
It not surprising then that their chosen actions follow suite.
Sin does not beget righteousness.

I have a tattoo of a guardian angel with the scripture reference PS. 91:11 and the word FAITH were the "T" is made of 3 Nails and the scripture reference Hebrews 11:1 - please tell me how that does NOT honor God.

I find this ironic as those who tell others how to honor their body as a temple are typically Baptist eating greasy, fried chicken and sugary, apple pie EVERY Sunday...grin.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So ..we observe the probable pattern.

A person desires of the carnal mind (which is under the influence of the spirit of This world[anti christ] ) to go get a tattoo..,then refusing to knowledge God in the situation (probably because their hearts know already he will say No and they don't want to hear it) they go get and pay for their tattoo.
Now..in this carnal action,motivated by the will of the flesh which is at enmity to the holy spirit..they ,in all probability,funded a criminal organisation, and assisted some distant person into a drug overdose on drugs supplied by said criminal organisation.

And they then promote this godless behaviour and say..it's not sinful..

Did I read too much into your reference..?
Well . . . even if I did not put it quite the way that you did, I still cannot argue with your logic as it takes what I stated to its logical conclusion.

Though to be fair, I would be less inclined to say that defacing our bodies can be deemed to be a sin for each and every person, as I would say that as we humans are products of a wicked and dull society, that this can have a great impact upon those who are not exactly switched on; so is stupidity a sin or is all errant activity deemed by the Father to be sin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a tattoo of a guardian angel with the scripture reference PS. 91:11 and the word FAITH were the "T" is made of 3 Nails and the scripture reference Hebrews 11:1 - please tell me how that does NOT honor God.

I find this ironic as those who tell others how to honor their body as a temple are typically Baptist eating greasy, fried chicken and sugary, apple pie EVERY Sunday...grin.
You may have noticed that this is a Charismatic forum, where most of its regular members are either Pentecostal or charismatic.
As for the Baptists you speak of, in places such as Australia (me) and NZ (Alithis), the Baptists in our parts are fairly liberal where pretty well anything goes.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well . . . even if I did not put it quite the way that you did, I still cannot argue with your logic as it takes what I stated to its logical conclusion.

Though to be fair, I would be less inclined to say that defacing our bodies can be deemed to be a sin for each and every person, as I would say that as we humans are products of a wicked and dull society, that this can have a great impact upon those who are not exactly switched on; so is stupidity a sin or is all errant activity deemed by the Father to be sin?
Well if we are Christ's we have the holy spirit..if we have not the spirit of Christ we are not his.
So since we speak of those who do have his spirit.it means we Can and are to acknowledge the Lord in ALL our ways..
And he Is faithful to his word and WILL direct our paths and he is in no way..“stupified“.. what excuse do we have? He gives wisdom also to them that ask.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And I'm sure you desire to justify getting it
But the better course is to repent. Acknowledging your sin that God may forgive you for iniquity of it..receive his forgivness and go..and sin no more.
For How does making an image of something that is in heaven above (a disobedient violation of one of the foundational commandments that one cannot break unless one does not love God above all else) And scratching it into your skin ,Honour God ?
Iv not seen any culture where basic disobedience is equated with honouring the one your disobeying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And I'm sure you desire to justify getting it
But the better course is to repent. Acknowledging your sin that God may forgive you for iniquity of it..receive his forgivness and go..and sin no more.
For How does making an image of something that is in heaven above (a disobedient violation of one of the foundational commandments that one cannot break unless one does not love God above all else) And scratching it into your skin ,Honour God ?
Iv not seen any culture where basic disobedience is equated with honouring the one your disobeying.

LEGALISTIC people like you are what drive others away from Christ and the church. Your "witness" is as effective as a clanging cymbal...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess you have had opportunities to talk to people about these tattooed Scriptures, right?

Faith based ink is certainly a proven conversation-starter.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthNeo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you have had opportunities to talk to people about these tattooed Scriptures, right?

Faith based ink is certainly a proven conversation-starter.
No tattoo is a conversation starter.I see people with them every day and No one is starting conversations. They discuss them with only thier friends mosty.
You need to repent of sin .
You keep presenting false information and this activity is known as lying when you do it repeatedly.
I know you think you can hide behind c.f. rules. But you are not hidden from God.

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No tattoo is a conversation starter.I see people with them every day and No one is starting conversations. They discuss them with only thier friends mosty.
You need to repent of sin .
You keep presenting false information and this activity is known as lying when you do it repeatedly.
I know you think you can hide behind c.f. rules. But you are not hidden from God.

Not a day goes bad where someone does not mention my tattoos, they were done well and catch peoples eye. Usually my Batman tattoo gets their attention first but I always then go to my Hebrews 11:1 tattoo and Psalm 91:11 tattoo. Many different people are reached many different ways. You need to be much less quick to judge someones outer appearance vs what is in their heart and in their witness. You are taking ONE verse in the OT and making a doctrine out it, that my friend is dangerous and narrow minded.
I believe Paul said I become all things to all people. I won't say who I believe your target audience is but I'm sure most people could guess...grin.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not a day goes bad where someone does not mention my tattoos, they were done well and catch peoples eye. Usually my Batman tattoo gets their attention first but I always then go to my Hebrews 11:1 tattoo and Psalm 91:11 tattoo. Many different people are reached many different ways. You need to be much less quick to judge someones outer appearance vs what is in their heart and in their witness. You are taking ONE verse in the OT and making a doctrine out it, that my friend is dangerous and narrow minded.
I believe Paul said I become all things to all people. I won't say who I believe your target audience is but I'm sure most people could guess...grin.
I think you've amply proved that getting faith based tattoos for witness purposes definitely works, right?

My wife and I talked to a young lady - somewhat shy, in fact - with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area. I guess it's a matter of getting the confidence to have it done for the first time.

So is Mrs. DarthNeo tattooed also, maybe?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LEGALISTIC people like you are what drive others away from Christ and the church. Your "witness" is as effective as a clanging cymbal...
So how very typical.
Instead of just turning to God like David did and saying Lord I have sinned...and receiving forgiveness .
You want to justify your own action in opposition to God...
David did not say to Nathan.oh your so legalistic ..his heart was immediately repulsed by his own sin.
Saul was quite the oppisite .trying to do things to justify his disobedience .but God rejected Saul and forgave David..
These things are written for OUR admonition ..

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The Jewish Law warns, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” I am NOT a Jew and I don't live under Jewish law.

21 To those without the Law I became like one without the Law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the Law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men, so that by all possible means I might save some of them. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.…

I suggest you put your clanging cymbal away Alithis...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.