Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jewish Law warns, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” I am NOT a Jew and I don't live under Jewish law.

21 To those without the Law I became like one without the Law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the Law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men, so that by all possible means I might save some of them. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.…

I suggest you put your clanging cymbal away Alithis...
I suggest you scroll back and read some more as this has been comprehensively covered.

I never raised the topic of the law around it..you did. You are trying to use your liberty to justify sin .
That action in itself is sin.

What has the activity got to do with living in obedience the Holy spirit?
NOTHING!
You went and made an image of something in heaven.. Etched on your skin after the worldly godless practices of the unsaved ..
And you desire to justify doing so instead just being honest before God that you got it wrong..
Confess it to the lord as sin and receive his forgiveness and then Go and do it no more.
There is no condemnation in this instruction. The Lord Jesus commands that we repent..that we may receive forgiveness .)there is no forgiveness without repentance for he said “repentance for the forgiveness of sin is to be preached” (obviously not a popular message)

When we stand before God you won't be able to use the argument..but Lord..that guy on c.f. was just being legalistic..
Sorry it won't hold any sway.

Did you live the Lord enough to acknowledge him and seek his will that you might obey him before you got the tat... No. Neither did I ..and I know it was sin and he has forgiven me and I have ceased doing it.He awaits to forgive you too.plain and simple.but he can't until you repent of it. It would violate his own word.

So how does it glorify him when it is an advertisement promoting disobedience?
How is such activity loving him ?
“Those who love me will keep my word.”
This simply means we will listen to him and do what HE tells us to do. Not whatever our flesh desires.

Any one who loves him desires to be as he is. We can't love him and desire to do and do what he never done .

His love and forgivness awaits...
Turn back your thoughts change your minds.. Agree with God that he is righteous and our flesh is not and fulfilling its wrongful desires opposes him

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
21 To those without the Law I became like one without the Law (though I am not outside the law of God but am under the law of Christ), to win those without the Law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men, so that by all possible means I might save some of them. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.…
Paul circumcised Timothy, didn't he? not because it would do him any good, but because the Jews around him would more likely listen to Timothy's testimony.

Kind like how some Christians get faith based, Bible verse, (etc.) tattoos to give them opportunities to witness, right?

• Agree
Reactions: DarthNeo
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When a person promotes the will of the flesh.
Over obedience to the Holy Spirit.
That person is a usurper who does not know God.

A fake
A non believer who refuses to confirm to the will of God.
Unrepentant.
Frothing out thier shame.
Blemishes .

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When a person promotes the will of the flesh.
Over obedience to the Holy Spirit.
That person is a usurper who does not know God.

A fake
A non believer who refuses to confirm to the will of God.
Unrepentant.
Frothing out thier shame.
Blemishes .

I'll waste no more keystrokes on you and I promise not to smirk at you when God makes us neighbors in Heaven...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll waste no more keystrokes on you and I promise not to smirk at you when God makes us neighbors in Heaven...
Upon what grounds will he admit you do you think..

You refusal to repent?
Your refusal to acknowledge him in all your ways?
Your refusal to obey the Gospel?
Your refusal to acknowledge sin?
Your promotion of obeying the desire of the flesh in opposition to the holy spirit.?

Which of these are you trusting in for admittance to his Holy presence?

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think you've amply proved that getting faith based tattoos for witness purposes definitely works, right?

My wife and I talked to a young lady - somewhat shy, in fact - with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area. I guess it's a matter of getting the confidence to have it done for the first time.

So is Mrs. DarthNeo tattooed also, maybe?
As for the so called "faith based" notion of bodily defacement, as I have said before, whenever we look at a TV show or a block-buster we automatically know these days that the bad guy will be the one who is wearing a gold cross around his neck or who has a cross or other "religious" (aka, faith based) tattoo on his body. Which means that if someone wants to let others know that they could be into drugs, hot car parts or that they are involved in some other area of crime then I guess a religious tattoo would "definitely work, right".

A couple of weeks back I met a local contractor who was referred to me through a mutual contact and after a week he rolled up to speak to me and even though we had a good get-to-know-each other chat I could not help but notice the incredible number of tattoos that covered his body.
Now I don't know if he noticed this but during our conversation he made the comment that he tends to regularly lose potential contracts due to his tattoos, which can understandably turn people off (both Christians and non-Christians); I gave a bit of a laugh to this but I must admit that I am struggling with the decision to give him the work that I need done which will amount to quite a few hundred thousand dollars. As much as I would like to give him the work, I still struggle with the fact that he has demonstrated poor judgment in the past and what sort of culture has he came from?

Upvote 0

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As for the so called "faith based" notion of bodily defacement, as I have said before, whenever we look at a TV show or a block-buster we automatically know these days that the bad guy will be the one who is wearing a gold cross around his neck or who has a cross or other "religious" (aka, faith based) tattoo on his body. Which means that if someone wants to let others know that they could be into drugs, hot car parts or that they are involved in some other area of crime then I guess a religious tattoo would "definitely work, right".

A couple of weeks back I met a local contractor who was referred to me through a mutual contact and after a week he rolled up to speak to me and even though we had a good get-to-know-each other chat I could not help but notice the incredible number of tattoos that covered his body.
Now I don't know if he noticed this but during our conversation he made the comment that he tends to regularly lose potential contracts due to his tattoos, which can understandably turn people off (both Christians and non-Christians); I gave a bit of a laugh to this but I must admit that I am struggling with the decision to give him the work that I need done which will amount to quite a few hundred thousand dollars. As much as I would like to give him the work, I still struggle with the fact that he has demonstrated poor judgment in the past and what sort of culture has he came from?

That is an incredibly shallow mindset. If this man approached Jesus for work, do you think He would turn him away due to his tattoos? No way...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is very sorrowful how so many on this topic have Missed the essence of it.

Living in Jesus ..abiding in him
Is not about our will .
Its about dying to us and living to Him.

Obeying the Holy Spirit .
No one obeys the holy Spirit by doing the will of the carnal mind.
The carnal mind is at enmity to God.

You can't serve the mind of the flesh
And the holy Spirit at the same time.
Jesus said so.

You can't serve two masters in any form.
So if your going to serve the flesh by obeying its desires.
Then Stop Pretending to be Christian .
You are utterly missing the mark
And that is what the word sin means.

To miss the mark.

The process of desire thought and choice of action that leads to getting a tattoo utterly missed the mark.

It is Sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.