Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The same is true for the other commands in those verses -

Trimming a beard, scourging a man who has sex with a concubine, putting to death a man who has sex with another mans wife or betrothed, planting a field and not eating any of it for the first five years.

These are also His dealings with Israel and they are clearly not His will

Read the verses

19 ‘You shall keep My statutes. You shall not let your livestock breed with another kind. You shall not sow your field with mixed seed. Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you.

20 ‘Whoever lies carnally with a woman who is betrothed to a man as a concubine, and who has not at all been redeemed nor given her freedom, for this there shall be scourging; but they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. 21 And he shall bring his trespass offering to the Lord, to the door of the tabernacle of meeting, a ram as a trespass offering. 22 The priest shall make atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the Lord for his sin which he has committed. And the sin which he has committed shall be forgiven him.

23 ‘When you come into the land, and have planted all kinds of trees for food, then you shall count their fruit as uncircumcised. Three years it shall be as uncircumcised to you. It shall not be eaten. 24 But in the fourth year all its fruit shall be holy, a praise to the Lord. 25 And in the fifth year you may eat its fruit, that it may yield to you its increase: I am the Lord your God.

26 ‘You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying. 27 You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the Lord.

29 ‘Do not prostitute your daughter, to cause her to be a harlot, lest the land fall into harlotry, and the land become full of wickedness.

30 ‘You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary: I am the Lord.

31 ‘Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God.

32 ‘You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord.

These are just a few - Are you following all of these? or are you in disobedience to any of them?

You can't pick out one phrase out of 13 verses and choose to only follow that one phrase. So I'll ask again, with God as our witness - are you following all of them, or just the one?

James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

God does not contradict Himself at all
It's hard to see that the church is supposed to be under the law in the manner of Old Testament Jews. Hebrews 7.12 indicates that the law was changed; Hebrews 7.19 indicates that what we now have is better than the law.

So for example, if someone gets some faith based ink, e.g., John 3.16 quote or ref., Christian fish sign <><, with a Gospel motive, then presumably the Gospel motive counts most, right? (Doctrinally it's a bit like Paul circumcising Timothy; by this among the Jews he knew would likely get more of a hearing if they knew he was circumcised; whereas to the elders at Jerusalem who were being influenced by lawkeeping doctrine he would not countenance the attempts at imposing circumcision.)

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it obedience to the holy Spirit to fufill a worldly desire after the action , behaviour conformity and image of the world and let blood to etch the skin with ink ?

You should just cut and paste your repulsed, it will save you time.

I get it. You cannot answer my question and now everyone sees it.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You will note by the post I quoted to whom I was addressing.
Oh okay, thanks for clarifying; you see, if someone is on 'ignore', then their posts don't show up on one's screen and I maybe didn't see who you were addressing. Thanks, anyway.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As i have stated repeatedly
..the sin of it is the action of ignoring the holy spirit disobeying him rebelling against him in order to go and do your own will.

Are saying that willfull disobedience to the holy spirit is not sin ?

Between the lines i would say you went and got a tattoo as a christian and now stubbornly refuse to admit you were wrong to do so.

But there is no need..
Iv done things after i came to the lord that were horrid sin..
But he brought me to true repentance and forgave me and i no longer ever do those things again.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Between the lines i would say you went and got a tattoo as a christian and now stubbornly refuse to admit you were wrong to do so.

That would be an absolute error on your part - as I have stated, I don't like tattoos, and I encourage people whom I counsel not to get them. But it is a personal preference with me.

One cannot disobey the Holy Spirit if the Holy Spirit has not forbid it - plain and simple.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be an absolute error on your part - as I have stated, I don't like tattoos, and I encourage people whom I counsel not to get them. But it is a personal preference with me.

One cannot disobey the Holy Spirit if the Holy Spirit has not forbid it - plain and simple.
One disobeys the holy spirit by not acknowledging the lord in all our ways that he may direct our paths.
They just go an do what the flesh desires. `that` is sin.because the desire of the flesh is at enmity to God.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One disobeys the holy spirit by not acknowledging the lord in all our ways that he may direct our paths.
They just go an do what the flesh desires. `that` is sin.because the desire of the flesh is at enmity to God.

Then if you wear a Cotten blend underwear you are in sin. You better check your clothing, ignorance is not an excuse and if you are to lazy to wear only full Cotten or clothing with only one fabric you are in sin.

And there are desperate consequences to disobedience.

Have you repented of such sin and have to brought your trespass offering to the priest?

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's a difference between being tattooed before conversion / Salvation, than getting tattooed after salvation. I do not think we (Christians) should be tattooing ourselves after Salvation. Now this is not to say that getting tattoos after Salvation send us to the pits of hell, but it is not appropriate, our bodies belong to God, it's a temple for the Holy Spirit so we should honor our bodies. With that being said I do know that the Bible considers tattoos after Salvation a sin, see we can be set free of our sins if we admit that what we did was a sin, but if someone commits a sin(s) and they have not admitted that it was a sin then I do not believe they can be forgiven of that. What I am saying is, if someone gets a tattoo after their conversion and they admitted it was indeed a sin then yes I believe they would be forgiven, but if they shun the very notion of it being a sin then no I do not believe they can be forgiven, how could the be forgiven?
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done. A lot of young Christians find faith based tattoo designs effective conversation starters.

(I do find your last sentence - highlighted above - amazing.)

Last edited:
Reactions: ILuvMyJesus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know whether Tattoos are sins for us Gentiles made jews after the covenant of Israel or not, but I know this , your body is Gods gift and as such you should make every attempts to run by your choices to make tattoos upon it with him.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done. A lot of young Christians find faith based tattoo designs effective conversation starters.

(I do find your last sentence - highlighted above - amazing.)
Let's just remember for the record that this is the same rubbish and lie you've been spouting on c.f. for a couple of years..
A lot of Christians do Not do it at all
In 30+ years iv not meet One who after they received the holy spirit..went and got tattooed .
You really need to stop promoting this False info to support your ongoing fleshly and sinful fetish

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See there are some things we are no longer bound by, what I mean is there was rules like not wearing different fabrics, not eating certain foods, not planting different seeds in the same area, so forth and so forth. Even though many things from the OT are not necessarily valid for today does not mean that all things are done away with, anything that is mentioned directly in the NT should be considered for instance we should honor our bodies because the Holy Spirit resides in us that is not just OT that is also NT it's for today! As for different fabrics and so forth that is ALL OT! - Truth is Jesus paid for all of our sins past, present, and future but we must acknowledge our sins, repent, and trust in Him! I am not saying that we have to live in T total perfection, but we should at least be willing to acknowledge our sins, and we should never ever make an excuse for sin, but instead place our faith in Christ the One who paid for our sins! Many in the face of correction will resort to attacks or aversions, they will say well what about you yada yada, because it's a lot easier to deny ones sin than it is to admit that we all are sinners and that we all need a savior! If someone loves the Lord they will admit hey you're right this is a sin, but I am a human and my flesh is bound by sin, but thankfully my Spirit is free in Jesus Christ! see that isn't hard to say, but sadly instead of saying that people throw the blame back and forth on each other instead of doing any thing to correct the situation.

We cannot be set free of sin by our own accord, but we should be willing to ask the Lord to help set us free from any bondages that we may be in. Being bound by the addictions of getting inked up is dangerous to our health, my goodness those that have been and will be receiving these tattoos are placing themselves at risk of getting aids and other illnesses, it's just not worth it. Jesus can set anyone free of that addiction! This isn't a Salvation thing, it's called FREEDOM! You do not have to live your life being subjected to having a needle pop at your skin a thousand times per minute, being permanently marked up! it is blood letting and it is demonic, this is not to say those receiving tattoos are demonic themselves but it is a blood letting sacrifice that should be avoided and on top of that I truly believe it can open demonic doorways.

If we love Jesus we will want deep inside to keep the Fathers Commandments, yes we will slip up but that inner longing that is driven by the Holy Spirit within us will long for freedom. We will want to take care of our bodies and our mind.
Yes..it is freedom..but not freedom to serve the will of the flesh.
Freedom to put to death the flesh and it's wicked desires and serve the Lord Jesus. :)
After all if we say an act of the flesh to do the will of the flesh after the practices of the world is not sinful..
Based upon the absence of its precise mention in scripture..then we are living by the letter only and have utterly missed the Spirit.

It opens the door for all manner of iniquity.
The homosexual community uses the same lie..they try to say because If the original text it does not mention the word “homosexual“ that it's not sin.which shows how deviant such arguments become.. To say an act of flesh motivated by flesh after the carnal nature of the flesh in enmity to God is not sin..is just absolutely Decieved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can understand getting a tattoo if your in the military but now they are so common they have become pointless.
Among military spouses also it's become very widespread; someone was on here a while ago saying his wife is urged to have it done by other military wives.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know whether Tattoos are sins for us Gentiles made jews after the covenant of Israel or not, but I know this , your body is Gods gift and as such you should make every attempts to run by your choices to make tattoos upon it with him.
Good point; I guess also for some Christians it can work the other way; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I'm sure other conversations have arisen as a result of her willingness to have it done. A lot of young Christians find faith based tattoo designs effective conversation starters; and so some Christians might actually be positively motivated to do it; while others - maybe like with your view - might strongly prefer not to. (If this makes sense?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Among military spouses also it's become very widespread; someone was on here a while ago saying his wife is urged to have it done by other military wives.
Again another single price of hearsay twisted into a lie.
One single story you heard does not make it “wide spread“

It is however wide spread amount those who follow after the desire of the flesh.
But those that do So..living after the flesh.. shall perish.
And those that promote doing so shall face greater judgment.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Too often I have observed a godless attitude promoted in regard to this practice.
Some even encouraging people to get them . to their utter SHAME.

I recently met a young disciple of Jesus.
Young follow.g Jesus but not in years of life.
Her former practices had been of new ageism and witchcraft .
When the topic of tattoos arose she informed me of the horrific truth of it.

She referred to it as the art of blood letting .she stated they fully recognize it as a means of interaction with the spirit realm.
Always the practicing whatever form ,which breaks the skin and causes it to let blood pass out , satanic in origin and in every form.
Do not enter into the practice of it.

http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/blood.htm

You just fall into the gross misconception that because new age tattoo artists believe as she does they all do.
To say that all or even most tattooists are new age is just flat out preposterous.

My Godpa was new age prior to becoming Catholic and he has lots of tattoos from the past and its still getting them but now the motives are christened.
According to him there was no reason but the desire to get body art that made him inck up to begin with.

I think you have to consider the opportunity that youve run across one of the wackjobs.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You just fall into the gross misconception that because new age tattoo artists believe as she does they all do.
To say that all or even most tattooists are new age is just flat out preposterous.

My Godpa was new age prior to becoming Catholic and he has lots of tattoos from the past and its still getting them but now the motives are christened.
According to him there was no reason but the desire to get body art that made him inck up to begin with.

I think you have to consider the opportunity that youve run across one of the wackjobs.
As I ask all ..what has that got to do with walking in obedience to the holy Spirit and Not being confirmed to the world.
I agree with the word and the spirit of God.
The person you speak of us confirming to the world's ways and has no regard not love for the will of the Holy Spirit .
And you agree with that stance.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is it obedience to the holy Spirit to fufill a worldly desire after the action , behaviour conformity and image of the world and let blood to etch the skin with ink ?
Yes.. Or .. no?

Reactions: Biblicist
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
As I ask all ..what has that got to do with walking in obedience to the holy Spirit and Not being confirmed to the world.
I agree with the word and the spirit of God.
The person you speak of us confirming to the world's ways and has no regard not love for the will of the Holy Spirit .
And you agree with that stance.

Judgemental and erring what a wonderful combo, kudos to you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.