Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too often I have observed a godless attitude promoted in regard to this practice.
Some even encouraging people to get them . to their utter SHAME.

I recently met a young disciple of Jesus.
Young follow.g Jesus but not in years of life.
Her former practices had been of new ageism and witchcraft .
When the topic of tattoos arose she informed me of the horrific truth of it.

She referred to it as the art of blood letting .she stated they fully recognize it as a means of interaction with the spirit realm.
Always the practicing whatever form ,which breaks the skin and causes it to let blood pass out , satanic in origin and in every form.
Do not enter into the practice of it.

http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/blood.htm

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm covered by tattoos. Lots of people around here too.
I even believe there's some Tattoo Artists around here too.
So what encourages you to judge what is shameful and what not.

Judging people by the ink.

Luke 6:37-42
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't judge people with tattoos, my kids don't have any and I'm glad for that. But the Bible does say this..

1 Corinthians 6:19-20King James Version (KJV)

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

• Winner
Reactions: ILuvMyJesus
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Do not enter into the practice of it.
I listened to a broadcast on Radio 4 in England a number of years ago; the woman being interviewed was a professor, who carried out autopsies on people, some unrecognisable. She could tell if they had tattoos, even without visual evidence, because the ink being so deep, found its way into the lymph system and collected under the arms in the lymph nodes. She could even say what the colours were, if they had red added etc.

90% of the dye goes into the lymph nodes and stays there, check google for tattoos and lymph nodes.

The ancient Jewish nation knew when something was inadvisable, Leviticus 19:28
New Living Translation
"Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD.

I see that as very good advice.

Alithis, thank you for the interesting post...your link didn't work though...

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm covered by tattoos. Lots of people around here too.
I even believe there's some Tattoo Artists around here too.
So what encourages you to judge what is shameful and what not.

Judging people by the ink.

Luke 6:37-42
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
Not judging unto condemnation... we are allowed to judge. Why did you just take a position against the OP? Because you judged. :)

I don't see this as blood letting @Alithis but God did call it a sin. The problem is, that was stated in the OT and most Christians seem to think if it isn't stated in the NT then it is no longer a sin. I guess an unchanging God needs to repeat Himself or else something He already stated isn't valid any longer? I have none, won't get any... nor will anyone in my family.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I judged him because he’s hating and blank judging, and all this is wrong, not only from a divine stand point, but from a human standpoint too. We’re humans after all, or you think we’re not?

And don’t forget that I could’ve judged him even more and told him he is uneducated because of his punctuation. Look where the dots were positioned. He is a sinner, just like all of us. Keep that in mind.

And keep in mind that I can also judge you, for you being lazy, and not using proper words, but shortened abbreviations.

Just something to think about today.

Viel Glück.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the OP:

My wife's niece's husband's brother (how's that for an outlaw?) has a tat on his upper arm that just says "1 John 3:16" He was surprised I actually knew that verse.

Do you consider a tat like that a sin?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I judged him because he’s hating and blank judging, and all this is wrong, not only from a divine stand point, but from a human standpoint too. We’re humans after all, or you think we’re not?

And don’t forget that I could’ve judged him even more and told him he is uneducated because of his punctuation. Look where the dots were positioned. He is a sinner, just like all of us. Keep that in mind.

And keep in mind that I can also judge you, for you being lazy, and not using proper words, but shortened abbreviations.

Viel Glück.
I write a lot Viel, so time is a consideration when it comes to abbreviations. And, since it is well accepted, world wide, that "OT" is Old Testament, or that "NT" is New Testament, then was there a NEED for me to write it out, or did you not know these things? It isn't lazy, it is using what is accepted on internet forums, even expected.

As for judging, we are human and thank you for proving my point. We all judge, all the time... and to say we can't (am I able to use a contraction, or is that lazy as well?) isn't realistic. If Scripture can be used for correction, then we need to be able to judge that one even needs correction, right? What we can't (cannot?) do is judge unto condemnation.

I do agree with you that blank judgement, not perhaps to the level of condemnation but certainly to the point of dividing with a brother who might not agree with you on a point or two, is wrong. There is enough division and we shouldn't go looking to find reasons or ways to make more of it. Like taking a shot with the idea that my writing style was lazy. Was that really "fair" or was it an attempt to save a little face? I have no ill will toward you, and certainly would rather call you "friend" if you're up to it.

Blessings.
Ken

• Agree
Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I write a lot Viel, so time is a consideration when it comes to abbreviations. And, since it is well accepted, world wide, that "OT" is Old Testament, or that "NT" is New Testament, then was there a NEED for me to write it out, or did you not know these things? It isn't lazy, it is using what is accepted on internet forums, even expected.

As for judging, we are human and thank you for proving my point. We all judge, all the time... and to say we can't (am I able to use a contraction, or is that lazy as well?) isn't realistic. If Scripture can be used for correction, then we need to be able to judge that one even needs correction, right? What we can't (cannot?) do is judge unto condemnation.

I do agree with you that blank judgement, not perhaps to the level of condemnation but certainly to the point of dividing with a brother who might not agree with you on a point or two, is wrong. There is enough division and we shouldn't go looking to find reasons or ways to make more of it. Like taking a shot with the idea that my writing style was lazy. Was that really "fair" or was it an attempt to save a little face? I have no ill will toward you, and certainly would rather call you "friend" if you're up to it.

Blessings.
Ken

I actually didn’t know what OT and NT was, and I had to Google it for a few minutes until I find out.

And I must ask you, Brother, I do believe that you’re a modern man and you own at least one smartphone. Can you pull out the Stopwatch app on your phone and see how many microseconds, not milliseconds, you will lose if you type New Testament, instead of NT?

I made that test for you, and because time is of consideration for you, here is the result.

01,32 seconds was my time to type NT.
02,37 seconds – New Testament.

Is 1 second and a few hundredths of a seconds that important for you? I really wonder, where exactly you can apply that one second so it could matter.

You are not Usain Bolt and you certainly are not on a competition. Or are you, Brother?

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I actually didn’t know what OT and NT was, and I had to Google it for a few minutes until I find out.

And I must ask you, Brother, I do believe that you’re a modern man and you own at least one smartphone. Can you pull out the Stopwatch app on your phone and see how many microseconds, not milliseconds, you will lose if you type New Testament, instead of NT?

I made that test for you, and because time is of consideration for you, here is the result.

01,32 seconds was my time to type NT.
02,37 seconds – New Testament.

Is 1 second and a few hundredths of a seconds that important for you? I really wonder, where exactly you can apply that one second so it could matter.

You are not Usain Bolt and you certainly are not on a competition. Or are you, Brother?
I saw "Christian" and just assumed you knew what OT and NT was. Honestly, in my 22 years of being a Christian, you are the first I have encountered who didn't know that. I believe you, and had I known I would have written it out.

I am not writing a book here, I am on an internet forum. I would think you are very unique in not having understood those abbreviations and I doubt I will change. I have a full plate like everyone else... so if I cut a corner here and there to save time... it does add up. Since my "habit" is to abbreviate, then having to delete NT which will come out naturally and replace it will take longer than .0132 seconds. :)

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw "Christian" and just assumed you knew what OT and NT was. Honestly, in my 22 years of being a Christian, you are the first I have encountered who didn't know that. I believe you, and had I known I would have written it out.

I am not writing a book here, I am on an internet forum. I would think you are very unique in not having understood those abbreviations and I doubt I will change. I have a full plate like everyone else... so if I cut a corner here and there to save time... it does add up. Since my "habit" is to abbreviate, then having to delete NT which will come out naturally and replace it will take longer than .0132 seconds. :)

If you browsed through my profile, there’s a date. Christian, in the real meaning from October 2016.

I also try not to use abbreviations in formal or informal writing. Sometimes I use it too, but my usage is completely justified, because I often use the word BMW and imagine me spelling Bayerische Motoren Werke or I use Mercedes G instead of Mercedes-Benz Geländewagen.

Anyways, it’s all OK.
Better peace than war.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, thank you. God and Jesus Christ have a special place in my heart now. I live a better life, sin free, at least I try, and I pray a lot. I find it useful, it helps a lot. Gives me hope.

Bayern = Bavaria
Bayerische = Bavarian
Motoren = Motor
Werke = Works

Mercedes G-Wagen = Mercedes Geländewagen
Gelände = Offroad
Wagen = Vehicle

I actually had a G-class a few years back. A blue one. It was a stick shift, and it had a second shifter for the low gears and 4x4, and on top of it, you can’t see the often seen 4x4 writings.

You can see this:

S/SA/GA/N
N stands for Neutral
S stands if I’m not mistaken for Straße (Street), and it’s for Hinterradantrieb (Real wheel drive)
SA is Straße Allrad, which is Street 4x4
GA = Gelände, Allrad (Offroad 4x4)

It’s kind of impossible to not use abbreviations. with German.

LLC which is Limited Liabity Company is way better than GmbH (Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung).

Funny stuff, I know.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Viel Glück.

Do you believe that these verses are true?:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that these verses are true?:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Of course, natürlich, natürlich.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.