Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
See Matthew 24:30

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

If there is a sign in heaven then Constantine and his mortal minions would not need to spread the word. And in verse 31 it talks about angels sounding a great trumpet and gathering the elect. I have read nothing about this happening. There are no eye witness accounts of this event in the history books. I think you are mistake in claiming that Christ came in 312 AD. You have not shown any reasonable evidence to support your claim.

:(

Upvote 0

7spiritfilled

There is no rapture because Jesus never mentioned one. It is a figment of Paul's imagination.

Are you here to start an argument or for the truth! It was not Paul's imagination for if it were, you may as well say the entire Bible is full of everyone's imagination. Paul spoke the words from the Holy Spirit. Someone I do not think you have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1Th 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
"Caught up together.""In the clouds.""Meet the Lord in the air.""With the Lord forever." None of this has happened.

Christians alive today will not be with the Lord forever. We will all die and all stand before the white judgement throne.

U just contradicted urself.

According to the above verse, we will be with the Lord forever.

Upvote 0
The second coming of Jesus was in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. That day is called the turning point in history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
Sorry, there was no rapture. Instead, Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

This seems to be in contradiction to what God said:

Matt. 25:27 "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken."

30 "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."

31 "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

I don't think we would be here, if this happened!

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1Th 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.​

"Caught up together.""In the clouds.""Meet the Lord in the air.""With the Lord forever." None of this has happened. Christians alive today will not be with the Lord forever. We will all die and all stand before the white judgement throne.

U just contradicted urself.

According to the above verse, we will be with the Lord forever.

Sorry, Ma'am, I did not contradict myself or anything else. Please read the scripture carefully, note the conjunction "and." According to the above verse, "Caught up together.""In the clouds."and "Meet the Lord in the air" must precede "with the Lord forever." Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

Upvote 0
Sorry, Ma'am, I did not contradict myself or anything else. Please read the scripture carefully, note the conjunction "and." According to the above verse, "Caught up together.""In the clouds."and "Meet the Lord in the air" must precede "with the Lord forever." Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

Actually u did. U stated below: (What I'm targeting is that u stated we who r alive will NOT be with the Lord forever, and Jesus stated the opposite.)

1Th 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.
"Caught up together.""In the clouds.""Meet the Lord in the air.""With the Lord forever." None of this has happened. Christians alive today will not be with the Lord forever. We will all die and all stand before the white judgement throne.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

If there is a sign in heaven then Constantine and his mortal minions would not need to spread the word. And in verse 31 it talks about angels sounding a great trumpet and gathering the elect. I have read nothing about this happening. There are no eye witness accounts of this event in the history books. I think you are mistake in claiming that Christ came in 312 AD. You have not shown any reasonable evidence to support your claim.

:(
Verse 31 says he will send his messengers with a trumpet ... This verse was fulfilled in 325 AD when St. Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Verse 31 says he will send his messengers with a trumpet ... This verse was fulfilled in 325 AD when St. Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

Actually, it says angels and it also states that they will gather from one end of heaven to the other, which would clearly not mean Constantine and his human followers. I don't recall any of the folks at Nicea mentioning Christ's return. Wouldn't the gathered elect be interested in mentioning that if it were the case?

:)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually u did. U stated below: (What I'm targeting is that u stated we who r alive will NOT be with the Lord forever, and Jesus stated the opposite.)

Actually no I did not contradict myself and I did not say that. The scripture 1Th 4:17 does not say we are with the Lord forever now.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Actually, it says angels and it also states that they will gather from one end of heaven to the other, which would clearly not mean Constantine and his human followers. I don't recall any of the folks at Nicea mentioning Christ's return. Wouldn't the gathered elect be interested in mentioning that if it were the case?

The original Greek literally says messengers. The Nicene Council attendees said that they felt like they were in heaven. And since 312 AD, most of the world's Christians are indeed living in heaven on earth. God's kingdom is here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The original Greek literally says messengers. The Nicene Council attendees said that they felt like they were in heaven. And since 312 AD, most of the world's Christians are indeed living in heaven on earth. God's kingdom is here.

Feeling like they are in heaven isn't the same as angels (messengers) being gathered from the four winds and one end of heaven to another. However, most importantly, you have still not provided any credible statements from the Nicene Council that they saw Jesus return to Earth. Please provide those. Or actually, provide any reasonable evidence that demonstrates Jesus returned to Earth in 312. Telling me to look it up in any history book has been a complete bust so far.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Feeling like they are in heaven isn't the same as angels (messengers) being gathered from the four winds and one end of heaven to another. However, most importantly, you have still not provided any credible statements from the Nicene Council that they saw Jesus return to Earth. Please provide those. Or actually, provide any reasonable evidence that demonstrates Jesus returned to Earth in 312. Telling me to look it up in any history book has been a complete bust so far.

Second coming? Matthew was the strongest Hebrew Gospel. Citing linage (important to the Jews) prophecy (also important). Paul pushes this a bit more. John and Mark doesn't make much of it. The non Canonicals doesn't even mention it.

In January 1946, Theosophist Alice A. Bailey prophesied that Christ (who is regarded by Theosophists as being identical with the being known by Theosophists as the Maitreya) would return "sometime after AD 2025"-WIKI

The Lord answered and said, "Do you not know that the head of prophecy was cut off with John?" -Secret James

Christ taught to follow him. Not wait for him.

Upvote 0

7spiritfilled

The second coming of Jesus was in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. That day is called the turning point in history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
Sorry, there was no rapture. Instead, Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter as though the Lord Jesus has already come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed the son of perdition.8-And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.. MY question to you is, everyone is just dying to know, who was that lawless one. The son of perdition? We are all sitting on the edge of our seats just waiting to know!!!!:confused:

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican

The angels/messengers were not gathered from the four winds. The elected officials of the Church were gathered together, to Nicene. No one saw Jesus return to earth except Constantine who saw Jesus in a dream about the sign in the clouds. Jesus said, "By this conquer."

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The angels/messengers were not gathered from the four winds. The elected officials of the Church were gathered together, to Nicene. No one saw Jesus return to earth except Constantine who saw Jesus in a dream about the sign in the clouds. Jesus said, "By this conquer."

My Bible says Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Your scenario fails. The church leaders were not elected they were appointed. Your scenario fails.

Scripture does not say that a representative will come, but the "son of man" will come. Your scenario fails. Scripture says the elect will be gathered from one end of heaven to the other. The church on earth is never called heaven. Your scenario fails.

Mat 24:30-31
(30)
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Barnabas said this about when the end will be:

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end
; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years.
Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Oh well. Guess I'll be long gone.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Second coming? Matthew was the strongest Hebrew Gospel. Citing linage (important to the Jews) prophecy (also important). Paul pushes this a bit more. John and Mark doesn't make much of it. The non Canonicals doesn't even mention it.

In January 1946, Theosophist Alice A. Bailey prophesied that Christ (who is regarded by Theosophists as being identical with the being known by Theosophists as the Maitreya) would return "sometime after AD 2025"-WIKI

The Lord answered and said, "Do you not know that the head of prophecy was cut off with John?" -Secret James

There is some information I didn't know. Thanks for sharing it.

It seems to me that there is a fair amount of prophesies regarding His return. Are you thinking differently?

Christ taught to follow him. Not wait for him.

I agree, but this is a discussion forum. If we were to follow your suggestion to its fullest, then none of us would be here I think. We would be out actively engaged in His work rather than be idle.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

Then it doesn't sound like what is described in the Bible. And hence, I have to conclude that Jesus did not return in 312 AD as you suggest. Thank you for discussing the matter with me in such a civil manner. I will move on now.

Upvote 0

childofdust

May 18, 2010
✟2,177.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

Here we go again...someone who doesn't understand the most basic, elementary things about history like how to form a correct historical date in English is trying to tell us all something about history! :doh:

It's AD 312, not 312 AD. :doh:

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
My Bible says Behold, he comes with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Your scenario fails. The church leaders were not elected they were appointed. Your scenario fails.

Scripture does not say that a representative will come, but the "son of man" will come. Your scenario fails. Scripture says the elect will be gathered from one end of heaven to the other. The church on earth is never called heaven. Your scenario fails.

Mat 24:30-31
(30)
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
(31) And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.​
The original Greek says every eye will see it meaning the Sign of the Son of Man and Jesus coming into power.

Upvote 0