Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The coming of the sign of the Son of Man is the most noted event in history. It is known as the turning point of history because, ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.

Nonsense! Most of the signs have not occurred. Read Matt 24 for all the signs.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The second coming, when Jesus came into power, was in 312AD.
Today, the 4th horseman (i,e,the US) rules the earth for Jesus.
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The second coming of Jesus was in 312 AD when the sign of the Son of Man appeared in the clouds, and Jesus came into power through St. Constantine who rode a white horse and conquered with a bow. That day is called the turning point in history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
Sorry, there was no rapture. Instead, Constantine sent his messengers with a trumpet, and gathered the elect of all the Church together, to Nicea.

That doesn't seem to match the prophecies about His return. For one, all the world would know that it happened and there is no universal recognition of such an event.

Then secondly, why would the Son of God send Constantine and his human messengers rather than a host of angels to spread the word.

:confused:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The coming of the sign of the Son of Man is the most noted event in history.

That would be pretty good, if true, considering that it was not noted by anyone, with the possible exception of the Emperor and him only. :p

And then we have all the other signs that the Bible teaches would occur and none of them did.

It is known as the turning point of history
By whom?

because, ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
Even the Roman Empire wasn't a Christian nation as a result of this alleged sign. ^_^

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
That would be pretty good, if true, considering that it was not noted by anyone, with the possible exception of the Emperor and him only. :p

And then we have all the other signs that the Bible teaches would occur and none of them did.

By whom?

Even the Roman Empire wasn't a Christian nation as a result of this alleged sign. ^_^
The coming of the sign of the Son of Man is noted in all world history books, and they say it marks the turning point in history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth. The sign was also noted by the Church and displayed in Church art since that day. During Constantine's reign, Christians came to be the majority in the empire, and with the emperor converting to Christianity, that makes Constantine and the Byzantine empire the first horseman to rule the world for Jesus.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
If so it should be pretty easy to find. Please point me to three sources that clearly define one of the most important events of human history.

:)
The two I know of are the World history textbook used in Texas high schools, and the world history terxtbook used by Del Mar College

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The coming of the sign of the Son of Man is noted in all world history books

In the first place, it is not "all world history books." You just admitted that you are referring to a high school text and some book used in a community college.

and they say it marks the turning point in history because ever since that day, Christian nations have been the dominant force on earth.
If so, you can easily quote the passages to us from those two books.

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
That doesn't seem to match the prophecies about His return. For one, all the world would know that it happened and there is no universal recognition of such an event.

Then secondly, why would the Son of God send Constantine and his human messengers rather than a host of angels to spread the word.

:confused:
Jesus rules through His followers.

Upvote 0

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus rules through His followers.

I didn't mention Him ruling. I asked why angels didn't go forth proclaiming his return rather than a limited group of mortals. And where is He now that we can verify this information you have given?

:o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ran77

Senior Contributor
Mar 18, 2004
Arizona
✟36,652.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The two I know of are the World history textbook used in Texas high schools, and the world history terxtbook used by Del Mar College

I'm not familiar with either of these books. An event of the magnitude we are speaking about in this thread warrants a great amount of proof in the form of eye-witness accounts. Can you post the excerpt from either of these books about this event?

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
I'm not familiar with either of these books. An event of the magnitude we are speaking about in this thread warrants a great amount of proof in the form of eye-witness accounts. Can you post the excerpt from either of these books about this event?

No. I do not possess either book. I'm going by memory. Just pick up a copy of any world history book.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. I do not possess either book. I'm going by memory. Just pick up a copy of any world history book.

Then let's summarize. You cannot prove your assertion and you think that a high school text and a book used in a community college are the only world history books in existence. At least that's what you wrote...several times.

By the way, if you wrote a college term paper using only those two books you'd be liable to receiving a failing grade NO MATTER WHAT IS IN THEM because they are not of a sufficient level of authority to establish anything about history. But to you, they are the only ones in the world...and you are only going on your memory about what is contained in them anyway.

Well, I have a number of world and Western history books here, and not one of them says that the signs we've been talking about were seen by people generally or that this was "the turning point in history."

In other words, you have nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even Wikipedia calls it a turning point of history. See wikipedia/Constantine the Great and Christianity

Laughing my fool head off. Wiki? Has [edit] links in every article. Anybody can chage anything, at any time, without any review or controls.

Upvote 0