The Proud Boy arrested for burning a banner was carrying twenty plus rounds of ammunition.

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,325.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Enrique Tarrio was arrested in Washington DC for burning a Black Lives Matter banner. Then the police found the illegal ammunition in two magazines on him.

Which here is the greater offence: destroying church property, or going armed illegally to a demonstration?

In his defence, if there is one, is the fact that Tarrio lives in Florida where perhaps the law has less to say about heavily armed civilians roaming the streets. He just didn't know...

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Magazines but no gun? What was he going to do, make popcorn out of the bullets on the burning banner?

Or was he part of a team - you hold the extra ammo, I'll hold part A of the gun, Joe will hold part B of the gun and we can put everything together whenever we need to?

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,325.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think he was carrying a gun, but that was not an offence. That seems to be a simpler explanation than involving conspirators. No need to mention the gun as there was no need to describe the other contents of the search through his pockets.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think he was carrying a gun, but that was not an offence. That seems to be a simpler explanation than involving conspirators. No need to mention the gun as there was no need to describe the other contents of the search through his pockets.
Actually, Petros' logic seems more realistic and plausible.

The carrying of a gun is key here, whether one was on his person or not, otherwise what good is any "munition" if there's no way to utilize it?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enrique Tarrio was arrested in Washington DC for burning a Black Lives Matter banner. Then the police found the illegal ammunition in two magazines on him.

Which here is the greater offence: destroying church property, or going armed illegally to a demonstration?

In his defence, if there is one, is the fact that Tarrio lives in Florida where perhaps the law has less to say about heavily armed civilians roaming the streets. He just didn't know...

Both were a crime. I'm more concerned about the church flying the blm banner in the first place.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I'm not seeing an article. It's not illegal to carry guns and ammo. I carry two full 9mm magazines in my pockets every day.

Edit - Sorry now I am seeing that this was in Washington DC where it is illegal to carry guns and ammo. A lot of people don't know that because they're ignorant. It was his responsibility to know the gun laws. But burning private property is a greater offense than carrying a loaded weapon in a place like DC.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

They are both sin and all sin leads to death. Break one of God's laws, you break them all.[1]
  1. James 1:12-15, 2:8-13, Romans 6:23

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not seeing an article. It's not illegal to carry guns and ammo. I carry two full 9mm magazines in my pockets every day.

Edit - Sorry now I am seeing that this was in Washington DC where it is illegal to carry guns and ammo. A lot of people don't know that because they're ignorant. It was his responsibility to know the gun laws. But burning private property is a greater offense than carrying a loaded weapon in a place like DC.

They aren't ignorant of the law. They know the law and many people are heading that way fully armed. One spark and the whole place is going up in flames.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In his defense, if there is one, is the fact that Tarrio lives in Florida where perhaps the law has less to say about heavily armed civilians roaming the streets. He just didn't know...
The greatest offense was having the banner there in the 1st place. The idea of racial justice in not the core of BLM. They have a marxist platform that includes the LGTBQ agenda which is pushing for laws to make it illegal for churches to teach that these things are sinful and they need to repent of them. they also want to open the borders and are aligned with the Islamic agenda as well. The BLM groups have been burning the American flag and taking down public art through vandalism and have destroyed peoples lives through looting stores and terrorizing people in cities they occupy.
There should be a backlash against this movement and as Jesus taught love your enemies; this group is clearly a hate group and dividing. No one is pro racism and when an incident occurs there is a mob reaction apart from the facts. Looting and rioting is not justice; the gospel notes all men are equal in God's eyes and He is the ultimate arbitrator of justice and His standard is righteous and true. There is no fear of the LORD in this movement and in fact it is largely funded by Soros and his globalist agenda is at the heart of it. How can their right to protest BLM be denied if BLM burns and breaks stuff and it is a protected right then others who disagree should be allowed the same latitude. You can not legalize lawlessness for one group and not another.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They aren't ignorant of the law. They know the law and many people are heading that way fully armed. One spark and the whole place is going up in flames.

I agree. There has been a lot of chatter about the gun laws in DC. It is unreasonable to think that the leader of a protest group (I'm being generous here) would be unaware. Ignorance of the law is also no excuse (generally).

Mr. Torrio also admitted to the underlying crime for which he was arrested and should have expected this because A) he was sued by the church who's property he destroyed on Monday, B) he acknowledged burning the banner, but claimed it was "justified".

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. There has been a lot of chatter about the gun laws in DC. It is unreasonable to think that the leader of a protest group (I'm being generous here) would be unaware. Ignorance of the law is also no excuse (generally).

Mr. Torrio also admitted to the underlying crime for which he was arrested and should have expected this because A) he was sued by the church who's property he destroyed on Monday, B) he acknowledged burning the banner, but claimed it was "justified".

I have no issues with him removing it from the church. I do have an issue with the church that didn't handle removing it in the first place. It is also not the churches place to take him to court. They should concentrate on their own failures.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They know the law and many people are heading that way fully armed. One spark and the whole place is going up in flames.

Yep.

Wednesday is really going to be a dangerous day.
We've been building a powderkeg here for 4 years...
Anybody who feels like setting a match to it for any reason
(left, right, foreign, domestic, anarchist, anybody)
Has the perfect opportunity tomorrow.

God help us all.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep.

Wednesday is really going to be a dangerous day.
We've been building a powderkeg here for 4 years...
Anybody who feels like setting a match to it for any reason
(left, right, foreign, domestic, anarchist, anybody)
Has the perfect opportunity tomorrow.

God help us all.

I'm praying. I've talked to some that have already left and they aren't going for discussion.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't think there is anybody with a handgun license in any state who doesn't know he can't carry it in Washington DC. Anyone stupid enough to carry a concealed weapon across state lines without checking for reciprocity is over the line from stupid to criminal. Sorry, but nope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The greatest offense was having the banner there in the 1st place. The idea of racial justice in not the core of BLM. They have a marxist platform that includes the LGTBQ agenda which is pushing for laws to make it illegal for churches to teach that these things are sinful and they need to repent of them. they also want to open the borders and are aligned with the Islamic agenda as well.

It's not illegal though, even if it offends you personally.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no issues with him removing it from the church. I do have an issue with the church that didn't handle removing it in the first place. It is also not the churches place to take him to court.

That is 180 opposite to both Jesus and US law.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is 180 opposite to both Jesus and US law.

How do? God's authority overrides man's law. If the man is Christian he was within his rights to take action. If he's not then he was wrong.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do? God's authority overrides man's law. If the man is Christian he was within his rights to take action. If he's not then he was wrong.

For a private entity to raise a BLM flag is not against either man's law in America or against God's law.

And the Lord has commanded that vengeance is His, not ours. God will judge those who offend Him.

Upvote 0