Proud Boys leader arrested for attack on Black church that led to violent clashes in DC: report

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In light of the BLM riots that took place last year and the seemingly daily Antifa riots in Portland, you might want to reconsider the notion that the radical left isn't violent.

They are, but the violence we saw at the riots was carried out mostly by thugs with no political agenda.

When Biden gets sworn in, the radical left now have an ally in office and more laws against liberty will be made, I have no doubt about it.

Remember under Obama, public facilities had to remove Ladies Room and Mens Room signs and replace them with just Restroom.

They did it in my own parish as the hall is rented to a secular private boarding school during the summer.

More similar nonsense to come after Biden takes office

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's such a biased article by CNN. Trump repeatedly condemned white supremacy and violence. I can't say these Proud Boys are white suppremicists, especially in light of the article you posted. The guy arrested appears to be Hispanic.
...you asked why this was "news" I pointed out it's news because President Trump made it news by legitimizing the Proud Boys. And he was arrested for burning a flag him and his followers stole from a church while in Washington DC to protest President Trump losing the election. So: we have A) a President who praises the Proud Boys during a Presidential debate B) the Proud Boys steal and burn a BLM flag from a famous black civil rights church while protesting an election result for President Trump C) he than posts pictures of himself and friends while burning that flag...that would seem to be news to me.
tulc(hopes that answers Redwingfan9's question)

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
...you asked why this was "news" I pointed out it's news because President Trump made it news by legitimizing the Proud Boys. And he was arrested for burning a flag him and his followers stole from a church while in Washington DC to protest President Trump losing the election. So: we have A) a President who praises the Proud Boys during a Presidential debate B) the Proud Boys steal and burn a BLM flag from a famous black civil rights church while protesting an election result for President Trump C) he than posts pictures of himself and friends while burning that flag...that would seem to be news to me.
tulc(hopes that answers Redwingfan9's question)
Actually it was Biden who brought up the Proud Boys, not Trump.

CHRIS WALLACE: So what are you...

TRUMP: If you look...

WALLACE: What are you saying...

TRUMP: I'm willing to do anything - I want to see peace.

WALLACE: Well, then do it, sir.

JOE BIDEN: Say it. Do it. Say it.

TRUMP: Do you want to call them - what do you want to call them? Give me a name. Give me a name. Go ahead...

WALLACE: White supremacists and right-wing militia.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Who would you like me to condemn?

BIDEN: The Proud Boys.

TRUMP: Who?

TRUMP: The Proud Boys, stand back, and stand by. But I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what - somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem.

That isn't exactly praise from Trump, who appears to be pushing them off to the side to focus on Antifa.

Beyond that, this flag story is at best a local news story.

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually it was Biden who brought up the Proud Boys, not Trump.

CHRIS WALLACE: So what are you...

TRUMP: If you look...

WALLACE: What are you saying...

TRUMP: I'm willing to do anything - I want to see peace.

WALLACE: Well, then do it, sir.

JOE BIDEN: Say it. Do it. Say it.

TRUMP: Do you want to call them - what do you want to call them? Give me a name. Give me a name. Go ahead...

WALLACE: White supremacists and right-wing militia.

(CROSSTALK)

TRUMP: Who would you like me to condemn?

TRUMP: Who?

TRUMP: The Proud Boys, stand back, and stand by. But I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what - somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem.

That isn't exactly praise from Trump, who appears to be pushing them off to the side to focus on Antifa.

Beyond that, this flag story is at best a local news story.
...could you point to the part where he condemned them? Because "Stand back and stand by" sounds an awful lot like someone who seems to think the Proud Boys are on his side and work for him. And oddly enough a little over a month after the election that President Trump lost there are the Proud Boys not standing back not standing down anymore. That sounds kind of like a reason for this to be news.
tulc(thanks Redwingfan9!) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
...could you point to the part where he condemned them? Because "Stand back and stand by" sounds an awful lot like someone who seems to think the Proud Boys are on his side and work for him. And oddly enough a little over a month after the election that President Trump lost there are the Proud Boys not standing back not standing down anymore. That sounds kind of like a reason for this to be news.
tulc(thanks Redwingfan9!) :oldthumbsup:
Was he required to condemn them? Since when is the President supposed to condemn every two bit fringe group with a handful of members? I feel the same way about Antifa. Why should Biden feel compelled to condemn a lunatic fringe group or else be accused of supporting them? This sort of Twitterized condemnation game is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was he required to condemn them? Since when is the President supposed to condemn every two bit fringe group with a handful of members? I feel the same way about Antifa. Why should Biden feel compelled to condemn a lunatic fringe group or else be accused of supporting them? This sort of Twitterized condemnation game is ridiculous.

It's a slow news day, and so that was the best they had. They have already spoken about other stuff to death, and now someone with one of those names came up on the police scanner.

It would be nice if they could spend some time reporting on stuff on other parts of the globe that affects things, but it doesn't help encourage the divide. Division makes them hit that bottom line for profit, and so there is no incentive to do otherwise. Most people get all caught up in the hate they promote, and never stop to think about that part.

The Proud Boys come across as a bullies, and Antifa is more than what Biden gives them credit for. 'An idea, not an organization' according to his statement at the debate. The graffiti on Pelosi's and McConnell's homes both had their signature on it (circle with A). So, you have bullies and anarchists - and the media is trying to tell people to fight about WHOM is worse. Why? It helps the divide, and keeps the cash flow coming.

I mean if they really felt it was an attack on church by tearing down the flag and burning it? lol and they are were actually capable of being journalists in the true sense? There has been plenty of 'attacks' by all kinds of organizations going on within the last couple of years. It's not billed that way, but it is property destruction. I would be curious to see them connect the dots about how it lead to violent clashes they way they reported it. They won't of course, but you have to admit the headline and content sounds more juicy that way.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would never think to use such a defense in court, either, lol.
But you don't mind using whataboutism as a defense in an argument on this forum... Got it.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The radical right and the radical left do damage no two ways about it.

However, the differences I'm seeing is that the radical right will do acts of violence as in the OP article. However, the radical left threatens liberty more than the right by getting laws and the media to push their agenda. The problem they fail to see is that the laws they get passed will have to be enforced and the people that end up enforcing them, will be the worse kind of people to have doing so. It's the path the tyrants of communism have taken in the past and will repeat, I have no doubt about it.
I don't see a "radical left" in America, especially not one that's getting anything passed, much less anything passed that threatens liberty. What examples do you have of radical left things being passed and threatening liberty?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm... "Stand back and stand by" doesn't sound like a someone condemning a group, that sounds like he thought of them as a group of his supporters who would do what he said. He could have said: "I don't know who that is.", instead he legitimized them and made them a part of the "Trump team". So whatever the Proud Boys do (as in this case) they do so under the MAGA banner. You don't agree? Maybe you should explain all this to President Trump? He made them a part of his story, not Joe Biden.
tulc(is drinking some very good coffee right now) :oldthumbsup:

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm... "Stand back and stand by" doesn't sound like a someone condemning a group, that sounds like he thought of them as a group of his supporters who would do what he said. He could have said: "I don't know who that is.", instead he legitimized them and made them a part of the "Trump team". So whatever the Proud Boys do (as in this case) they do so under the MAGA banner. You don't agree? Maybe you should explain all this to President Trump? He made them a part of his story, not Joe Biden.
tulc(is drinking some very good coffee right now) :oldthumbsup:
Who said Trump had to condemn anyone? It looks to me like he's side stepping Biden and Wallace's demand and focusing on the group of leftists that he actually wants to talk about.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) cute left out a word here Tulc. "Allegedly" and "on suspicion". WHY leave this out.. hmm
because unlike newspapers I don't have a lawyer telling me to say he "allegedly did something" when he actually did it, which was he posted pictures of himself burning the flag and then he said he did it.
like here:
Proud Boys leader arrested for 'burning Black Lives Matter flag'
Tarrio told The Washington Post he had participated in the burning of the Black Lives Matter banner and said he would plead guilty to destruction of property and pay the church the cost of the banner.
So why should I pretend he didn't do something he was proudly (and loudly) claiming to have done?
tulc(is always amused at "gottcha posts") :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said Trump had to condemn anyone?
No one. But "not condemning" is quite a bit different from "embracing them" which is what he did.

It looks to me like he's side stepping Biden and Wallace's demand and focusing on the group of leftists that he actually wants to talk about.
No, sidestepping would have been "I don't know them" or "I'll get back to you when I learn more" but what did he say instead? "Stand back and stand by". That's what you say to people who you know support you. President Trump is the one who made the Proud Boys MAGA, not Joe Biden and not the media.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No one. But "not condemning" is quite a bit different from "embracing them" which is what he did.

No, sidestepping would have been "I don't know them" or "I'll get back to you when I learn more" but what did he say instead? "Stand back and stand by". That's what you say to people who you know support you. President Trump is the one who made the Proud Boys MAGA, not Joe Biden and not the media.
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)
Is that what you say when you support someone? Or is it that the President was just yammering before getting to his attack?

The Proud Boys aren't the white supremacists the left makes them out to be, which the original post makes clear. The man arrested is Hispanic. I'm not sure why the little group he is part of should be condemned for white supremacy when it's clear the group isn't all white.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that what you say when you support someone? Or is it that the President was just yammering before getting to his attack?
That "yammer" put the Proud Boys under the MAGA banner.

The Proud Boys aren't the white supremacists the left makes them out to be, which the original post makes clear. The man arrested is Hispanic. I'm not sure why the little group he is part of should be condemned for white supremacy when it's clear the group isn't all white.
...could you point to where the OP called them "white supremacist's"?
tulc(can't seem to find it in there) :wave:

Upvote 0

Brando Marlin

Dec 19, 2020
cali
✟9,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Brando Marlin

Dec 19, 2020
cali
✟9,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then why did we hear about all of the riots, all summer? Why did we hear about Antifa clashing with right wing fascists in Portland?

I'm amazed how right wingers are deaf to the news they refuse to acknowledge.
And you get your facts from cnn,fox, and facebook right? Come on man! are you on drugs?

Upvote 0

Brando Marlin

Dec 19, 2020
cali
✟9,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Then why did we hear about all of the riots, all summer? Why did we hear about Antifa clashing with right wing fascists in Portland?

I'm amazed how right wingers are deaf to the news they refuse to acknowledge.
Hooked on phonics did not work for old Joey boy.

Upvote 0