Proud Boys leader arrested for attack on Black church that led to violent clashes in DC: report

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: ArmenianJohn

Caleb1823

Jan 2, 2018
Auckland
✟16,192.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am amazed at how the media is really reporting the right wings activity more than the lefts it self, I am convinced that Antifa has committed more crimes than anyone on the right and this I know for sure.

Of course you are not gonna hear about it though because they only report news that helps a certain sides agenda.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: Searching1God
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am amazed at how the media is really reporting the right wings activity more than the lefts it self, I am convinced that Antifa has committed more crimes than anyone on the right and this I know for sure.

Of course you are not gonna hear about it though because they only report news that helps a certain sides agenda.
Then why did we hear about all of the riots, all summer? Why did we hear about Antifa clashing with right wing fascists in Portland?

I'm amazed how right wingers are deaf to the news they refuse to acknowledge.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, I've seen far worse from the other side, all over social media, with no arrests, no consequences. It's unfortunate.
I'm not sure "whataboutism" is a defense that courts accept. :sorry:
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Caleb1823

Jan 2, 2018
Auckland
✟16,192.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then why did we hear about all of the riots, all summer? Why did we hear about Antifa clashing with right wing fascists in Portland?

I'm amazed how right wingers are deaf to the news they refuse to acknowledge.
I was talking more about murders.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm not surprised - the right wing does much more evil and far more often. They are the violent wing.

• Winner
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

you mean like this:
Anti-fascists linked to zero murders in the US in 25 years
Donald Trump has made warnings about the threat of antifa and “far-left fascism” a central part of his re-election campaign. But in reality leftwing attacks have left far fewer people dead than violence by rightwing extremists, new research indicates, and antifa activists have not been linked to a single murder in decades.
or could the problem be you simply want antifa to be guilty of things and don't care that that belief isn't based on the facts?
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Again, I've seen far worse from the other side, all over social media, with no arrests, no consequences. It's unfortunate.

i agree

upload_2021-1-5_5-27-13.png

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was talking more about murders.
Then why were we hearing about them? I heard about the deaths caused by the riots, if that were the ones you refer to. You must not be listening to real news but only what right wing news want you to think about the news.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The bigger question is why is this even news? Some guy is arrested for petty theft and perhaps minor arson. This just isn't news. The whole Proud Boys thing is completely overplayed. A couple thousand nutters do not deserve this kind of media attention, especially when it appears we're talking about a group that does little more than steal banners and occasionally get in bar fights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bigger question is why is this even news? Some guy is arrested for petty theft and perhaps minor arson. This just isn't news.

It's news because someone used their "bully pulpit" to make them newsworthy:
Trump's debate callout bolsters far-right Proud Boys - CNNPolitics
Members of the far-right group the Proud Boys are celebrating comments made by President Donald Trump after he was asked to condemn White supremacists, and refused to do so, during Tuesday's presidential debate.

The President instead used his allotted time to blame what he called "antifa and the left" for violence and to tell the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by."
tulc(hopes that helps)

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not surprised - the right wing does much more evil and far more often. They are the violent wing.

The radical right and the radical left do damage no two ways about it.

However, the differences I'm seeing is that the radical right will do acts of violence as in the OP article. However, the radical left threatens liberty more than the right by getting laws and the media to push their agenda. The problem they fail to see is that the laws they get passed will have to be enforced and the people that end up enforcing them, will be the worse kind of people to have doing so. It's the path the tyrants of communism have taken in the past and will repeat, I have no doubt about it.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The radical right and the radical left do damage no two ways about it.

However, the differences I'm seeing is that the radical right will do acts of violence as in the OP article. However, the radical left threatens liberty more than the right by getting laws and the media to push their agenda. The problem they fail to see is that the laws they get passed will have to be enforced and the people that end up enforcing them, will be the worse kind of people to have doing so. It's the path the tyrants of communism have taken in the past and will repeat, I have no doubt about it.
In light of the BLM riots that took place last year and the seemingly daily Antifa riots in Portland, you might want to reconsider the notion that the radical left isn't violent.

Upvote 0