Proud Boys leader arrested for church vandalism; confessed via Parler

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Henry "Enrique" Tarrio, Proud Boys leader arrested for burning Black Lives Matter banner at DC church - CNNPolitics

Tarrio did not return CNN's calls or texts Monday. He took responsibility for the act last month, writing in a post on the social media website Parler that "against the wishes of my attorney I am here today to admit that I am the person responsible for the burning of this sign." In the same post, Tarrio also dared the police to arrest him, writing: "Come get me if you feel like what I did was wrong. We'll let the public decide."

PROTIP: You probably don't want to boast about committing a potential hate crime on Social Media... or anywhere else, for that matter... in fact, maybe you'd be better off not committing the crime in the first place.

Thoughts?

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟304,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I need to reply to a reply to me in the other thread that for some reason was moved to a "Christians Only" section:

The Proud Boy arrested for burning a banner was carrying twenty plus rounds of ammunition.

I have no issues with him removing it from the church. I do have an issue with the church that didn't handle removing it in the first place. It is also not the churches place to take him to court. They should concentrate on their own failures.

Removing the banner from the church was at minimum *theft*. The church put it put there themselves. Do you not respect the church for having its own opinions and positions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's clear enough. This guy hates freedom of expression for anyone but people with whom he agrees. It's the new republican party under Trump.

It's why more and more republicans are calling for a new party, conservative, but pro-American in values.

The old one may be past saving.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟163,853.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That was the thread that I originated. Now I can only watch as posters hold the church which displayed the banner more at fault than the vandal who destroyed the church's property. I feel that Lorrio's offence is being hidden behind attacks on the Black Lives Matter movement.

All this stuff about BLF being a front for Marxists shows a slavish subservience to the Alt Right media. I wonder at literate Americans being so gullible!

Why that thread has become 'Christians only' is a mystery to me.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟102,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Parler is a useful fish in the barrel trap for the FBI. They have to register with their SSN or whatever else identifying ID . I'm sure many will be easy to find once they commit crimes or are planning to do so. Thank goodness for that!

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,257.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
'... More and more republicans are calling for a new party ...'

The Conservative Party! You could have ours. We no longer need it.

Get rid of the Tories here and then you're left with Keir Starmer, who is basically a Tory in Red.

Not much choice either way.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟304,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Parler is a useful fish in the barrel trap for the FBI. They have to register with their SSN or whatever else identifying ID .

I think that's only for "verified" accounts (bluechecks on other sites), not for everyone. There is an account on twitter that monitors parler (so you don't have to). I think it's called "parlertakes". There is some serious crazy on that site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟266,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
I think that's only for "verified" accounts (bluechecks on other sites), not for everyone. There is an account on twitter that monitors parler (so you don't have to). I think it's called "parlertakes". There is some serious crazy on that site.

It is called Parlertakes. It is illuminating to say the least.

• Useful
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,724.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
It's clear enough. This guy hates freedom of expression for anyone but people with whom he agrees. It's the new republican party under Trump.

It's why more and more republicans are calling for a new party, conservative, but pro-American in values.

The old one may be past saving.
this guys organization has members who strut around with shirts with "6MWNE" emblazoned on it. not like we have to dig deep here folks.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
his guys organization has members who strut around with shirts with "6MWNE" emblazoned on it. not like we have to dig deep here folks.

That was David Duke's thing, wasn't it? "Six million were not enough."

No wonder they feel at home in the republican party.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need to reply to a reply to me in the other thread that for some reason was moved to a "Christians Only" section:

The Proud Boy arrested for burning a banner was carrying twenty plus rounds of ammunition.

Removing the banner from the church was at minimum *theft*. The church put it put there themselves. Do you not respect the church for having its own opinions and positions?

The church isn't separate from the congregation. The church is the congregation. It is there for all.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟163,853.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We can probably take a more informed view later today as these fellows demonstrate against the democratic process in Washington DC.

We will see their T-shirts and everything. Will they be wearing masks? Will they give each other covid? Will some of them die of it? That would be a strange sacrifice to make.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟370,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It looks like they've moved on to rioting at the Capitol. Sigh.

Can you imagine the hysterical screeching on the right, if Hillary Clinton's followers did anything like that? Trump has been called upon to tell his followers to cease rioting and leave the Capitol; so far, he's declined to do so. Hopefully, police will be able to identify and arrest the rioters.

This is sedition, nothing less.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0