The Possible Year of the Second Coming in 2027 AD Based on the Jubilee Year Cycles and the 1290 and

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do the scriptures say?

• Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
OK when did they begin to preach repentance and remission in Jerusalem? In Acts 2.
  • Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
Was that confirmed in the epistles?
  • Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
  • Romans 1:4-6 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
  • 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
  • 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
So the answer to you question is YES.

So it's your contention that those on the North American continent heard the Gospel prior to 70 Ad.?

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
So it's your contention that those on the North American continent heard the Gospel prior to 70 Ad.?

That is not the question. The question is, were the scriptures I quoted false? or were they answered in the same understanding that Jesus had given?

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not the question. The question is, were the scriptures I quoted false? or were they answered in the same understanding that Jesus had given?

I didn't ask you for Scripture, I asked if it was your contention that those on the North American continent had heard the Gospel by 70 AD.. However, the issue isn't whether the Scriptures are correct, but rather one's understanding of the Scriptures.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I didn't ask you for Scripture, I asked if it was your contention that those on the North American continent had heard the Gospel by 70 AD.. However, the issue isn't whether the Scriptures are correct, but rather one's understanding of the Scriptures.

You miss the point,

Peter and Paul must have spoken of the entire world in the same manner Jesus was.
Otherwise they were lying and the bible is not reliable.

Whether North or South America, Japan or New Zealand were reached is not relevant.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You miss the point,

Peter and Paul must have spoken of the entire world in the same manner Jesus was.
Otherwise they were lying and the bible is not reliable.

Whether North or South America, Japan or New Zealand were reached is not relevant.
Or, you're misunderstanding something. How was the Gospel preached to all ethnos if it hadn't reached the North American continent?

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
It is perfectly clear. All nations under heaven, is that not understandable by you?

It's understandable to me, however, I don't think you've grasped it. Are familiar with the term, a general statement? Do you really believe that there were North American Indians living in Jerusalem. Note that they were dwelling there. I think it's pretty obvious that this is a general statement. How do you suppose Luke would know of other continents to even know if there were people there and that those people were living in Jerusalem. How do you suppose people got from North America to Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Could you see all the kingdoms of the world from the top of even Everest?
  • Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
All the world would be taxed?
  • Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed..
No, obviously only the Roman world.
  • John 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.
"The world is gone after him?" All the world? Not even all the Jews.
It is obvious that "the world" and "every nation" and similar phrases can have a more limited meaning than we would use it. Do we not use a phrase such as "Everyone is watching the football match today." when we don't mean everyone in the world, or even in a city or even in a household. Where we use "everyone" in such a way, the French use "tout le monde" so their saying would be "All the world" has gone to the football match today."

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's understandable to me, however, I don't think you've grasped it. Are familiar with the term, a general statement? Do you really believe that there were North American Indians living in Jerusalem. Note that they were dwelling there. I think it's pretty obvious that this is a general statement. How do you suppose Luke would know of other continents to even know if there were people there and that those people were living in Jerusalem. How do you suppose people got from North America to Jerusalem?
And how do you know that there were people living in those regions at the time of Christ?
Colossians 1:23:
if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant. NIV 1984

The Gospel was thus proclaimed to the entire world. It was Roman Empire days and the Word spread...as just on obvious factor.

• Agree
Reactions: David Kent
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you see all the kingdoms of the world from the top of even Everest?
  • Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
All the world would be taxed?
  • Luke 2:1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed..
No, obviously only the Roman world.
  • John 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.
"The world is gone after him?" All the world? Not even all the Jews.
It is obvious that "the world" and "every nation" and similar phrases can have a more limited meaning than we would use it. Do we not use a phrase such as "Everyone is watching the football match today." when we don't mean everyone in the world, or even in a city or even in a household. Where we use "everyone" in such a way, the French use "tout le monde" so their saying would be "All the world" has gone to the football match today."

Again, what did the world really encompass back then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums