Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cab and av1... I see you two like to disscuss things with eachother "alot" hahahaaa

Or maybe it just seems this way! Quite entertaining!

If you hang around here long enough you will see that AV likes to discuss things with a lot of people. Entertaining indeed... :cool:

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And to think ... you guys' bologna started way back here at Post #4:
I cannot come to any other conclusion then that you arbitrarily decide what is "literal," and what is "poetic." If you used reason and common sense, then you would certainly not conclude that the bible is describing literal "fowled" bats and unicorns anymore than it is literally describing planets and asteroids as "stars."

Don't tell me the Inquisition isn't dead ... it just went from scroll to clipboard.

I thank God for the first ten amendments to our Constitution.
No one expects the bloody Spanish Inquisition!

Monty Python - The Spanish Inquisition - YouTube

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I cannot come to any other conclusion then that you arbitrarily decide what is "literal," and what is "poetic." If you used reason and common sense, then you would certainly not conclude that the bible is describing literal "fowled" bats and unicorns anymore than it is literally describing planets and asteroids as "stars."
Perhaps an allegorist then could speak up and say the Bible describes "planet" to PGP's satisfaction?
No one expects the bloody Spanish Inquisition!
Ever play Word Ladder? I wonder how many steps it would take to go from "Spanish" to "Science"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
3940891742_71e036f02e_o.jpg

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ever play Word Ladder? I wonder how many steps it would take to go from "Spanish" to "Science"?

Hmmm... as I recall it was Christians, not scientists who carried out inquisitions in the name of God. Also, witch hunting, Crusades, etc.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm... as I recall it was Christians, not scientists who carried out inquisitions in the name of God. Also, witch hunting, Crusades, etc.

Oh, but when it is Christians that do it, according to AV they did it in spite of the Bible. And scientists, of course, did it because of science. One twisted logic if you ask me.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All of human behavior is one set. Please describe how your particular opinion of your own behavior falls outside this "set"?
You mean, do I speak in tongues?

No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.