The Mysterious Christian Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

lared

May 27, 2002
Visit site
✟1,291.00
Outspoken,

Is not a Christian a footstep follower of Jesus? One who imitates Jesus in spiritual matters?

Who did Jesus worship?
Who did Jesus pray to?

To a mysterious trinity god?
To himself?
Or to his heavenly Father?

Outspoken,
Your assumptions are based upon traditions and creeds of imperfect men.

I am a Christian who imitates Jesus and worships only the heavenly Father.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[c]

[/c]

Genesis 18:1-8 KJV And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; (2) And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, (3) And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: (4) Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: (5) And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. (6) And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. (7) And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. (8) And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Genesis 1:2 KJV And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) The same was in the beginning with God. (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
GJG said:
Interesting question dude!

There is not much Biblical evidence of what the glorfied body of Jesus actually looks like. However Jesus Himself makes mention several times of coming back to indwell His followers as the Holy Ghost.

So we also find Jesus appearing in a vision to Ananias. This Ananias also believed this vision of the Lord to be none other than Jesus.

These are just a few of the reasons why many believe that Jesus is now in Spirit form. But I suppose no one really knows exactly what the glorified body of Jesus truly looks like. We can only use the scripture we have available.

This is the above mystery that was revealed to Saul/Paul and the early church. Jesus is the name of God.

Do not ignore this Book.... it frightened the church but corresponds with many issues in Genesis 6 the Book of Jude 5:16

Jesus will not remain Spirit forever though, since He will physically Judge humans and condemn some. He will not judge us in Spirit.

The form of Jesus to come is seen with God's appearance below

1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation,
when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were
opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and
from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is 3 for to come.

[Chapter 46]

1 And there I saw One who had a head of days,
And His head was white like wool,
**** And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.
2 And I asked the angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things, concerning that 3 Son of Man, who he was, and
whence he was, (and) why he went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me:
This is the son of Man who hath righteousness,
With whom dwelleth righteousness,
And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,*******

Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen him,
And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits in uprightness for ever.

4 And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats,
[And the strong from their thrones]
And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
And break the teeth of the sinners.

Upvote 0

Outspoken

Standing in the Gap
Nov 8, 2002
✟22,188.00
Faith
Christian
lared said:
Outspoken,

Is not a Christian a footstep follower of Jesus? One who imitates Jesus in spiritual matters?

Who did Jesus worship?
Who did Jesus pray to?

To a mysterious trinity god?
To himself?
Or to his heavenly Father?

Outspoken,
Your assumptions are based upon traditions and creeds of imperfect men.

I am a Christian who imitates Jesus and worships only the heavenly Father.

I think its quite clear that Christ himself accepted worship and showed he was God in word and in deed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TWells

Mar 1, 2003
TN
✟737.00
Faith
Other Religion
Atkin said:
Jesus is God in flesh. Now if you disbelieve the word of John, the dispute John directly.

I'm assuming your a modalist...Why do you think John goes out of his way in John 1:1 to say that the Word is God and yet still distinct from God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

John seems to be saying that Word was distinct from God even before the incarnation.

In Christ,

Travis

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even the painting you have chosen in your identification box is tainted with paganism. You might find it interesting to research ...'halo'.

You might find it interesting to research the Uncreated Light of the Hesychasts, rather than building strawmen and tilting at windmills.

Your heresy was exposed and condemned 1500 years ago. Repackaging it with a modern spin is not going to deceive the faithful.

Upvote 0
Outspoken said:
Then you're not a christian, its one of the essentials of the christian faith, always has been, always will be.

You are making a statement of biblical fact!

Show me the scripture that says believing in the Trinity is an essential to the Christian faith.

Show me where in the Bible the word Trinity.

If the Trinity is fact, why was it not accepted as a church doctrine until a political decision made it a church doctorine some three hundred years after Christ died?

Does that mean that the disciples and the entire 1st century congregation were not real Christians because it was not a doctrine of their church yet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oblio said:
You might find it interesting to research the Uncreated Light of the Hesychasts, rather than building strawmen and tilting at windmills.

Your heresy was exposed and condemned 1500 years ago. Repackaging it with a modern spin is not going to deceive the faithful.

Is the halo or symbolism of the halo in the Bible scripture?

Upvote 0

TWells

Mar 1, 2003
TN
✟737.00
Faith
Other Religion
Hey :wave:
webboffin said:
Show me where in the Bible the word Trinity.
Show me the word 'bible'. This continues to be the most pointless argument ever. A 'doctrine' is a summarized belief we make when taking the whole of scripture to support this belief. The NAME we give the doctrine is irrelevant. So we have terms like "original sin" and "trinity" that while the specific terms are not found in the Bible the scriptural support is.
If the Trinity is fact, why was it not accepted as a church doctrine until a political decision made it a church doctorine some three hundred years after Christ died?
Creeds are very similar to doctrines. The fact that that the Church eventually formulated a creed because heretical groups were attacking scriptural and Apostolic teachings is also a irrelevent argument.
Does that mean that the disciples and the entire 1st century congregation were not real Christians because it was not a doctrine of their church yet?
Actually the Trinity is a very explicit teaching throughout the entire NT. Pauls earliest letters contain references to it and Jesus claimed to be divine Wisdom. 2nd Temple Judaism had many beliefs concerning how God worked in the world. Spirit, Word, Torah, Presence/Glory, and Wisdom were all divinely personified. The confusion arises out of the fact that as the Christian Church became more Gentile oriented the Jewish perspective was lost (as the case with apocalyptic literature) and while the teaching remained the same the Church used more 'western' language to describe it - hense the numerical way we use now.

In Christ,

Travis

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There was no political decisions in the Councils, they were Theological, and were made to combat heresies. These councils affirmed what the Church has always believed, there was no new doctrine developed.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is the halo or symbolism of the halo in the Bible scripture?

Did you research Hesychasm ?

Do you understand that Iconography is inherently 2 dimensional (for a Theological reason) and the 'halo' is not as it appears, but represents something entirely different ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.