The Mysterious Christian Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't say it because that word simply isn't in the Bible.

Jesus called himself many names, not just three. Men cannot decide who God is, yet He called himself;

1. The Almighty (Revelation)
2. Alpha and Omega
3. The Door
4. The Way the Truth and the Life
5. The Rose of Sharon
6. Wonderful
7. Counsellor
8. Everlasing Father
9. Root and Offspring of David
10. Begining and Ending
11. Bright and Morning Star
12. Living Water
13. Bread of Life
14. He that was, is and is to come...
15. I Am
16. Son of man (He referred to himself 79 times)

Saul called him "Lord......." on the Damascus Road asking him who he was and the Lord, the only God there is answered..."I am Jesus..."

and there is more, because God cannot be limited to three persons, since he is;
I Am and is limitless, unconfined, and all we need. He is a Spirit, not persons.

Timothy said God was shown plainly in the flesh and this is Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Captain Buky

Mar 21, 2004
✟133.00
Faith
Christian
Genesis 1:26 (New American Standard) "And God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..."

Genesis 1:27(New American Standard) "And God created man in His own image, in the image of God..."

These versus show us that God is both plural and singular (denoted by "Our image" and "His image").

Also, the parables of Luke 15 show us three different aspects of God. The parable of the lost sheep shows us God the Son, the parable of the lost coin shows us God the Spirit, and the parable of the prodigal son shows us God the Father. The word "triune" is not mentioned in the bible; however, the word is made up of 2 parts, "tri" which means three and "une" which means one. So it is not a title as much as a discription of our God that is three yet one.

We must also understand that God is beyond our comprehension. We cannot start to understand the mysteriousness of our God. I believe however, that rather than interpreting the bible for yourself and deriving your own beliefs about God, pray to Him. Ask Him. See what God has to say.

I do believe that the point of God being Triune is not to argue about, but to know him and enjoy him. We experience the Son's rescuing, the Spirit's cleansing and washing of us, and the Father's love for us. Yet we experience them as one. Whenever I am touched by God, I cannot discern between the three, but rather, I can experience all three as one.

Upvote 0

thaiv

ChristianforChrist
Jan 23, 2004
Dallas
✟15,650.00
Faith
Christian
ilwjc,

Although the word "triune" is not in the Bible, it does serve as a description of God's nature. The three- Father, Son, and Spirit, are the three of the Godhead. I agree with the list you provided. Those are Christ's many titles revealed in the Bible. The word "triune" is not a title but a description as Captain Buky pointed out. Perhaps we could call God the "Father, Son, and Spirit God". How many Gods are there? There is only one God, but all three, Father, Son, and Spirit, are one God. Since the number of the Father, Son, and Spirit is three and since He is one God, we can have the liberty to say he is the Triune God. As Captain Buky pointed out "tri" is three and "une" is one. When a Christian says "Trinity" or "Triune God" he is simply saying "the Father, Son, and Spirit God." With this in mind, there is no contradiction, even though the actual word "triune" is not in the Bible.

Would you agree that Christ is a God-man? No doubt you would agree on this. But wait, the word "God-man" is not in the Bible. Despite the fact that this word is not explicitly stated in the Bible, it still serves to bring out the truth in the Bible that Christ is both God and man. Therefore no contradiction exists.

Captain Buky said, "I do believe that the point of God being Triune is not to argue about, but to know him and enjoy him. We experience the Son's rescuing, the Spirit's cleansing and washing of us, and the Father's love for us. Yet we experience them as one. Whenever I am touched by God, I cannot discern between the three, but rather, I can experience all three as one."

This is a very good point to consider. God does not desire that we argue about the diction we use to describe Him, but that we would just enjoy Him as the life-giving Spirit.

Upvote 0

Papist

Hannah and Rowan's Dad
Jul 13, 2003
Hamilton, Waikato
✟17,114.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Captain Buky said:
I do believe that the point of God being Triune is not to argue about, but to know him and enjoy him. We experience the Son's rescuing, the Spirit's cleansing and washing of us, and the Father's love for us. Yet we experience them as one. Whenever I am touched by God, I cannot discern between the three, but rather, I can experience all three as one.

Very well put, cap'n.

Upvote 0
He is Jesus to me.

I just think people see things differently, but I reject the word and idea trinity because I reject everything the RCC does. There is not one thing about the RCC I like, and if they invented something, I reject it.

I know there is a Father, Son and the Holy Ghost, but it is Jesus who died for me, therefore he is the one I love and follow and pray to. I call him Father and do not think the Father is in the middle and Jesus is somewhere to the left because God is a Spirit, the Bible is clear about this, nowhere does it call God three persons.

Can you show me where it says in he Bible that God is a person or three? No. But I can show you where it says that God is a Spirit.

Not two spirit, not three, but A Spirit. A meaning single. He is ONE. ALONE.

Yahweh said..."Is there a God beside me? I KNOW of NONE."

Yahweh said he is our REDEEMER. Jesus is our Redeemer.

Jesus was a man. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

Immanuel------God with us. Godman? God who became man.God himself, yet fully man.Yes, we can call him the Godman, but the RCC did't invent that.

My stand is total rejection of RCC anything.

The RCC is in my belief and studies is the great harlot of Revelaion.

Upvote 0

thaiv

ChristianforChrist
Jan 23, 2004
Dallas
✟15,650.00
Faith
Christian
Who is the Father, Son, and Spirit to you iljwc? If the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God, but there is only one God, then that means that God is three-one. That is all I am saying in this discussion and I do not think you can disagree on this point.

In the same way we can say Jesus is the God-man, we can say God is triune.

The argument is meaningless in light of the fact that God's desire is that we enjoy Him, not analyze Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Q Logic

Mar 19, 2004
✟149.00
Faith
Muslim
Why Should I Worship a God , that has Three Seperate Entities.

Why Should I Worship a God , that has Three Seperate Personalities.

Why Should I Worship a God , that has Three Serperate Characters.

God does not = Jesus Does not = The Holy spirit does not = God or Jesus.

Dividing Gods Will , Strength , and Wisdom is Blasphamy.

God is not a man , That he Should lie, Neither the Son of man that he Should

Repent.

Gods Self Being is Eternal , His Essence cannot be Changed or Transformed !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Hi Thaiv, I don't agree with anything they teach. Nothing as NO THING.
[notroll]
I do not believe Jesus is a second person or second to anyone or anything.

Jesus is the Son of the living God....God manifested in the flesh.

Not one person in a Godhead, but the Godhead dwells in Jesus bodily.(Col)

He doesn't dwell in the Godhead, but the Godhead dwells in Him.

The main difference between me and a trinity believer is what I typed above.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.