up there
✟307,685.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
. It's that they didn't believe what was written, and refused to "Turn to God", and they were blinded because of their unbelief. I believe it is the same today.
It would seem so. The world man has made in our own image and the Kingdom to Come are two opposing ways of life. One focuses on self interest, the other focuses on the well being of all. The two cannot exist as one and as scripture tells us the separation should not be the division of man over things of this world as we see on a daily basis, but the division should be between the ways of this world and the ways of the Kingdom.

Passover and our Easter both demonstrate this as one showed the Hebrew people first following the will of God then rejecting it many times for the will of man and the consequences, and the second showed the Hebrew people looking for a worldly messiah rather than the Kingdom and will of God over mankind, a choice demonstrated with Barabbas. Christianity has failed the Kingdom likewise ever since trying to blend the Kingdom into the world of man rather than maintaining the separation.

There should be a clear distinction taught between these two governments as we have been told to choose one or the other since the Garden. What we have as a result in the Abrahamic peoples are those who use God for their purposes, and those who chose to change themselves to suit God's will. They are clearly defined in the fruits, that is to say, one serves self, the other serves others.

Last edited:
Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,685.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

1 John 2:
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
John 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

1 John 2:
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Interesting that you cite Paul and the word “musterion”… which in the Greek, literally translates to “shut the mouth”…. And translates best in english to the word “mystery”.

If only Romans 11 had some hint at this matter!

Upvote 0