The Most Passionate Science Deniers Are Pro-Trans ‘Experts’ Who Profit From Carving Up Kids

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If only trans people had some way of communicating with you so you can be aware of it...

You think I haven't spoken to trans people?

I show you how the claim you are making is flawed and you don't see how that's relevant to the claim you are making?

I asked you for a number.

You failed to produce it.

Tell me what percentage of trans youth are committing suicide.

Or keep failing.

You just insist on treating trans women as men in dresses, doncha?

Would you engage in a long term sexual relationship with a trans man?

Hypothetically, if you were single and looking for a relationship.

Are you for real? Do you think that information about criminal activity is not available to the general public? How about a newspaper report? I can get newspaper reports for car thefts, homicides, sexual assaults, and you pretend that such information isn't available for people who pretend to be trans so they can assault women?

Yeah. Like I said ESSENTIALLY zero.
I'm so glad you'll take news reports.

There's no shortage there.

There's some great viral footage as well.

Here's a study of assaults showing a dramatic spike in sexual assaults on women and children in Target restrooms once they allowed men in.

I found a source that says that over 463,000 people are the victims of sexual assault each year in the USA.

And I have a source which shows that there have been exactly ZERO cases of trans people using being trans as an excuse to get into a bathroom to assault someone.

A source from 2015... where that would be much harder to do since we didn't pass laws allowing it back then.

And the same source says that when it comes to being harassed in the bathroom, trans people are far more likely to be the VICTIMS of it rather than the perpetrator. Another source shows that one in two trans people experiences sexual assault.

Quite possible. Funny they can conjure up that number, but not suicides.

You do know that it was originally used as an analogy for immigration, right? Not trans people? In any case, it's a stupid analogy.

Why?

And the analogy is based on a German Children's book written in the 1930s, the only difference is that they used mushrooms' instead of skittles. The author who came up with the analogy, Julius Streicher, was hanged at Nuremburg for crimes against humanity.

Fascinating.

I know what an analogy is. Yours is ridiculous.

Nothing ridiculous about it....and you don't seem able to explain why it's ridiculous.

I don't take orders from you.

Oh I see....I can't control your speech even though it makes me suicidal.

I guess we can drop the moral argument then. You're no better than me on this position.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You think I haven't spoken to trans people?
You're like the person who says, "I'm not racist, I have black friend..."
I asked you for a number.

You failed to produce it.

Tell me what percentage of trans youth are committing suicide.

Or keep failing.
I did that in post 139.
Would you engage in a long term sexual relationship with a trans man?

Hypothetically, if you were single and looking for a relationship.
If I loved them, why not? You think I'm going to be grossed out by the shape of their genitals? Are you one of those people who thinks that "penis" and "vagina" are the only genders?
I'm so glad you'll take news reports.

There's no shortage there.

This is NOT a case of a person pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault.
Again, not a case of someone pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault. Also, the event happened in 2014. Funny, since you were complaining about me providing a source from 2015 saying it was too old. I guess too old is good enough for you if it tells you what you want to hear, huh?
This is not a person pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault.
There's some great viral footage as well.

Here's a study of assaults showing a dramatic spike in sexual assaults on women and children in Target restrooms once they allowed men in.

Ah yes, I'm sure that's going to be an unbiased site!

In any case, the study they linked to says the policy came around in 2017, which saw a DECLINE in cases from the previous year when the policy was not enforced.
A source from 2015... where that would be much harder to do since we didn't pass laws allowing it back then.
Yes, and I'm sure all trans people before 2015 used the bathroom that corresponded with their genitals or just didn't poop or pee at all.
Quite possible. Funny they can conjure up that number, but not suicides.\
You just ignoring my posts now, are you? I gave you those stats in post 139.
I've answered this question. PEOPLE AREN'T SKITTLES.
Oh I see....I can't control your speech even though it makes me suicidal.

I guess we can drop the moral argument then. You're no better than me on this position.
Care to provide evidence to support that me telling you that we should respect trans people makes you feel like offing yourself?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you think "transgender" is a verb, you obviously don't know what you are talking about, and I suspect the only "research" you've done into trans people is listening to some right wing ultraconservative anti trans alarmist claptrap.

You're not really In a position to criticize.

You cited some studies to me earlier....did you realize that the first one showed that trans youth who don't transition experience the least harassment?

When you consider that trans adults who don't transition had the lowest suicide rates....well we have a very clear path to avoid suicide in the community. Not announcing a trans identity as a youth and not transitioning as an adult seem to lead to the lowest suicide rates.

If suicide is indeed the concern.....the affirmative care model is an awful idea. .

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're like the person who says, "I'm not racist, I have black friend...

Sure sure.....you're in a great position to judge. You wouldn't save my life by altering your speech. All you have to do is stay quiet....I'm not even trying to require you to say things you don't believe.

I did that in post 139.

Nope.

Again it's a well established fact that women are more likely to attempt suicide but men succeed at suicide more often.

Telling me to worry about the women more than the men is bizarre. Do you understand the difference between attempted suicide and suicide?

It's the difference between alive and dead.

I'd say the group that actually ends up dead deserves our concern.

If I loved them, why not? You think I'm going to be grossed out by the shape of their genitals? Are you one of those people who thinks that "penis" and "vagina" are the only genders?

Have you seen their genitalia?

The disguise fails. We haven't been able to convincingly recreate those. But kudos, perhaps you are being honest. Recent surveys indicate you're in an extreme minority.

This is NOT a case of a person pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault.
Nope....that's an actual trans person committing assault, something you seemed adamant never happens.

Again, not a case of someone pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault. Also, the event happened in 2014.

I know....again, a trans person, and again victimizing others the restroom.

How did your 2015 study miss this one?

Funny, since you were complaining about me providing a source from 2015 saying it was too old. I guess too old is good enough for you if it tells you what you want to hear, huh?

You were making some wild claims about trans people being innocent. Now you know better.

How would you know?

Trust the word of every sex offender do you?

In any case, the study they linked to says the policy came around in 2017, which saw a DECLINE in cases from the previous year when the policy was not enforced.

You believe the huge spike in incidents is unrelated?

Yes, and I'm sure all trans people before 2015 used the bathroom that corresponded with their genitals or just didn't poop or pee at all.

I'm not really concerned about it. I'm sure they said it was a dire problem but didn't have the numbers to prove it.

I went back and reread post #139.

It doesn't include suicide rates.

You sure you understand analogies?

If i were talking about people, it wouldn't be an analogy.
Care to provide evidence to support that me telling you that we should respect trans people makes you feel like offing yourself?

No.....I didn't say that. I've increasingly become aware that my society is shaped by people far too....uninformed to be given a say in any matters of importance. That's the depressing part.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're not really In a position to criticize.
Wasn't talking to you.
You cited some studies to me earlier....did you realize that the first one showed that trans youth who don't transition experience the least harassment?
Gasp! Trans people who pretend they aren't trans aren't treated like garbage for being trans as much! Who woulda thunk it!
When you consider that trans adults who don't transition had the lowest suicide rates....well we have a very clear path to avoid suicide in the community. Not announcing a trans identity as a youth and not transitioning as an adult seem to lead to the lowest suicide rates.

If suicide is indeed the concern.....the affirmative care model is an awful idea. .
Care to provide a link to this study?

On there other hand, here's YET ANOTHER source that shows you are wrong.

"A new study published today in JAMA Surgery found that gender-affirming surgery is associated with improved mental health outcomes among transgender people. The study ... titled “Association Between Gender-Affirming Surgeries and Mental Health Outcomes,” compared the ... suicide risk of 3,559 transgender people who had undergone gender-affirming surgery with those of 16,401 transgender people who desired gender-affirming surgery but had not yet undergone any. It found that transgender people who had received one or more gender-affirming surgical procedures had a ... 44% reduction in the odds of past-year suicidal ideation." SOURCE

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're like the person who says, "I'm not racist, I have black friend..."

I did that in post 139.

Again, not a case of someone pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault. Also, the event happened in 2014. Funny, since you were complaining about me providing a source from 2015 saying it was too old. I guess too old is good enough for you if it tells you what you want to hear, huh?

Here, I'll help....

Target-chart.png

Article claims that the policy started in April 2016. The spike in assaults and sexual crime begins the following May.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,097.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Here, I'll help....

View attachment 324429

Article claims that the policy started in April 2016. The spike in assaults and sexual crime begins the following May.
A right wing Christian article about an anti-trans piece written by a guy who works for an organization that is anti-trans is incredibly biased.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,777.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've just caught up with the thread and this is the daftest statement so far.

Perhaps someone should point out to you that it's then a little late for concern. Thoughts and prayers perhaps. But let's save our concern for those which you have been shown, in a few posts so far with links aplenty, are more in danger of joining those that actually end up dead.

• Agree
Reactions: ximmix
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Priorities KC....priorities.

Healthcare is expensive and a limited resource.

Even so, seems like advocating waiting until after someone is dead to use that resource on them might be a bit stingy.

If I know, for example, that the suicide rate of schizophrenics is very high and gets higher depending upon how many psychotic episodes they have before getting treatment and then....when they get treatment, staying on it becomes the most relevant predictor of suicide. Let's say I also know that getting treatment is far more difficult than it is for even trans people, for example, because the standard for being hospitalized against your will is a credible threat to your life or the lives of others....

Does it even make sense to pursue a possible solution for a problem which may not exist? Especially with so many potential problems that could result from this supposed solution?

I guess this is the uncertainty part of FUD (Fear, uncertainty, and doubt - Wikipedia) coming through to prop up a predetermined conclusion.

I mean...how would you even know if your solution worked? You have no way of knowing if you made any difference at all unless you know how many are killing themselves now before your treatment model is used.

Yeah, life isn't certain. Why bother to do anything anyway?

I can admit that I may not just be able to find the data and it's out there. I just can't find it, and since it can definitely be obtained

Perhaps there's another reason why you can't find the data you feel must support your view?

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're like the person who says, "I'm not racist, I have black friend...

Sure sure.....you're in a great position to judge. You wouldn't save my life by altering your speech. All you have to do is stay quiet....I'm not even trying to require you to say things you don't believe.

I did that in post 139.

Nope.

Again it's a well established fact that women are more likely to attempt suicide but men succeed at suicide more often.

Telling me to worry about the women more than the men is bizarre. Do you understand the difference between attempted suicide and suicide?

It's the difference between alive and dead.

Have you seen their genitalia?

The disguise fails. We haven't been able to convincingly recreate those. But kudos, perhaps you are being honest. Recent surveys indicate you're in an extreme minority.

Nope....that's an actual trans person committing assault, something you seemed adamant never happens.

Again, not a case of someone pretending to be trans in order to commit an assault. Also, the event happened in 2014.

I know....again, a trans person, and again victimizing others the restroom.

How did your 2015 study miss this one?

Funny, since you were complaining about me providing a source from 2015 saying it was too old. I guess too old is good enough for you if it tells you what you want to hear, huh?
If it shows that the quality of your study is poor... yeah.

How many more articles would you like?

Really? The guy who explains his presence in the women's restroom by asking "how do you know I'm not a woman?"

When you imagine a man pretending to be trans to assault women in the restroom....what do you imagine that looks like?

Because a man, who has made no attempt to look like a woman at all, and claims he is a woman after assaulting a woman is pretty much exactly what I'd expect it to look like. Maybe he really is a woman in your imagination but I'm a bit more practical.

You've been quoting advocacy sites this entire time. You don't have any room to complain about bias.

I don't know what graph you were looking at but cases immediately increased the following month.

I'm sure they had figured it out....in fact, if you're claiming that before we changed laws they were perfectly able to use the restroom.....why did we change the laws?

No, you didn't.

People are skittles in this analogy....or rather a possibility of a false accusation from a person.

No it's not this specifically....

When you demonstrated you had never even heard of desistance rates....it's immediately obvious that you don't understand the problem. Yet here we are....multiple posts later....and despite not knowing the one number you'd absolutely need to even claim there's a problem....you still seem to believe you have some idea what you're talking about.

Lots of people think about suicide....I'm sympathetic.

Many people attempt suicide and survive and I think they need help.

The reason people are being told that these medical interventions are necessary is because their child will almost certainly become suicidal and kill themselves.

To know if this is true....we need to know how many trans youth commit suicide....and succeed. The suicide rate is only measured in dead bodies....not sad thoughts, not attempts because those can often be attempts to get attention or help....not genuine suicide.

You don't know the number you absolutely need to know. I'm being extremely generous here....because in reality, trans youth will commit suicide for multiple reasons....maybe because they didn't get treatment....maybe because their parents got divorced. I'm not going to split hairs though....I just want the number.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I've just caught up with the thread and this is the daftest statement so far.

I can imagine it would be to you.

Perhaps someone should point out to you that it's then a little late for concern. Thoughts and prayers perhaps. But let's save our concern for those which you have been shown, in a few posts so far with links aplenty, are more in danger of joining those that actually end up dead.

So if we imagine a hypothetical scenario where you stand in front of two doors leading to two rooms of 100 people each. In the room on the right, every 5 minutes, a person will kill themselves successfully. In the room on the left, some people are thinking about suicide, a smaller number will try but fail and survive.

@Bradskii and his team are about to rush in and save as many people as possible but unfortunately, Bradskii has been given command and decides they should prioritize the room on the left first....as person after person dies on the right, his team starts to wonder how he was given any sort of responsibility, why would he think he should do this job? Does he imagine he's improving this situation? After 100 people die....Bradskii and his team leave the room on the left and he tells his team, much to their surprise....

"Good job men! We just possibly saved some people who were thinking about suicide."

The team now understands what went wrong. It's @Bradskii

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'd be more concerned with what is driving them to kill themselves, and when it comes to trans people, that is very clear. People treat them like garbage.
You're not a psychologist. People kill themselves for many reasons. Regardless, the real problem is you don't know how many kill themselves.

Are you trying to suggest that trans people aren't suffering from depression? They aren't killing themselves?

I'm sure some are. We're talking about treating prepubescent children....a group with a suicide rate of virtually zero. It raises in teens...but is still very low compared to other age groups.

So before we rearrange all of society. How many trans kids kill themselves? There's people foolish enough to give their 11yo untested meds because of this "problem". We should know how big it is.

Okay then.

Data indicate that 82% of transgender individuals have considered killing themselves and 40% have attempted suicide, with suicidality highest among transgender youth. SOURCE

Surveys of Australian trans and non-binary youth have shown that between 82-92% report they have experienced suicidal thoughts at some point in their lives, 68-86% have ever self-harmed, and 35-48% have attempted suicide SOURCE

More than half of transgender male teens who participated in the survey reported attempting suicide in their lifetime, while 29.9 percent of transgender female teens said they attempted suicide. SOURCE

The first peer-reviewed study of the health and wellbeing of transgender adult Australians paints a grim state of health ... Most concerningly, 63 per cent reported previous self-harm and 43 per cent had attempted suicide. These statistics are many times higher than rates for the general Australian population. SOURCE

These sources are all in agreement. The percentage of trans people who have considered suicide is up around 80%, and the number of trans people who actually attempt suicide is around 45-50%.

There's your suicide rate.

For starters, I live in the US....so I didn't even bother with Australia.

Secondly none of those numbers are suicide rates.

These are suicide rates...

See? 1.2 million people in the US attempt suicide but only less than 50k succeed. If that 50k is a minority amongst the characteristics of the attempts....then I'd be focusing on the wrong group if I dealt with people who attempted suicide first.

.And who commits suicide the most?

Middle age white men....that's right...number 1 again. Probably because our lives are too easy from all this privilege. Perhaps it's because all this oppression we're doing is really exhausting work. Personally, I think it's because we eventually realize that we're surrounded by idiots who don't know how to even identify a problem, let alone solve it, and that doesn't stop them from ruining the lives of everyone around them.

So now that you know what suicide rates are....can you tell me what the trans youth suicide rate is?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't talking to you.

That's not why I said it.

Gasp! Trans people who pretend they aren't trans aren't treated like garbage for being trans as much! Who woulda thunk it!

Are we concerned about suicide here or not?

I'm starting to suspect this has nothing to do with suicide prevention.

Care to provide a link to this study?

Are you going to read it this time?

Because I'm just going off the rates of the first one I linked you... and I believe it's the third one you linked me. Apparently, I'm the only one between us reading this so just stop asking me for studies.

On there other hand, here's YET ANOTHER source that shows you are wrong.

"A new study published today in JAMA Surgery found that gender-affirming surgery is associated with improved mental health outcomes among transgender people. The study ... titled “Association Between Gender-Affirming Surgeries and Mental Health Outcomes,” compared the ... suicide risk of 3,559 transgender people who had undergone gender-affirming surgery with those of 16,401 transgender people who desired gender-affirming surgery but had not yet undergone any. It found that transgender people who had received one or more gender-affirming surgical procedures had a ... 44% reduction in the odds of past-year suicidal ideation." SOURCE

So people who undergo treatment to solve a problem feel better than those who don't....as long as we only look at the year following treatment. The further from the treatment the more it looks like the problem remains.....

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,777.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So if we imagine a hypothetical scenario where you stand in front of two doors leading to two rooms of 100 people each. In the room on the right, every 5 minutes, a person will kill themselves successfully. In the room on the left, some people are thinking about suicide, a smaller number will try but fail and survive.
That's quite an ability that you have. Almost God-like. That you know who is going to succeed in killing themselves and those who will fail.

'This way please. Name? Ah, Jenny. You're going to try to commit suicide and succeed. Terribly sorry, but it's the door on the left if you could. Next? Peter? Nice to see you, Peter. And good news. You're going to try and fail! Congrats. So the door on the right if you could.'

Me, I won't have the foggiest idea. I'd be concerned about everyone who turns up. But you'd say 'the group that actually ends up dead deserves our concern'. So it's just the door on the left for you* because you somehow know the other guys will fail.

* Are you concerned about them before they die or after? If it's the former, your original statement made no sense, but at least you could say that you have concern for anyone who contemplates suicide, as we all should, and that the statement could have been worded better. Most of what you say doesn't surprise me. But I am surprised you doubled down on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A right wing Christian article about an anti-trans piece written by a guy who works for an organization that is anti-trans is incredibly biased.

You've posted links to sites that directly advocate for trans people.

Do you know why you had no idea what desistance rates were?

Because the biased sites you read don't want you to know that roughly 80% of the time....if left untreated....gender dysphoria resolves itself during or after puberty. That's the desistance rate. It stops being a feeling they experience or difficulty in their life.

If you don't understand what that means....can you try just thinking about it for a day or two? It's pretty obvious why you've been lied to about suicide and led to believe these treatments are necessary but in reality....they aren't, roughly 80% of the time. The other 20%? If they still experience gender dysphoria into adulthood they can seek treatment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's quite an ability that you have. Almost God-like. That you know who is going to succeed in killing themselves and those who will fail.

As I explained to KC....priorities.

'This way please. Name? Ah, Jenny. You're going to try to commit suicide and succeed. Terribly sorry, but it's the door on the left if you could. Next? Peter? Nice to see you, Peter. And good news. You're going to try and fail! Congrats. So the door on the right if you could.'

Ahhhh....ok....you seem to understand that we can't predict who will actually kill themselves....interesting. If we want to help the most vulnerable group though....how can we accurately identify them?

Me, I won't have the foggiest idea. I'd be concerned about everyone who turns up. But you'd say 'the group that actually ends up dead deserves our concern'. So it's just the door on the left for you* because you somehow know the other guys will fail.

You aren't concerned about everyone....not even remotely.

I just posted that the suicide rate was highest amongst middle aged white men....but I've also seen Alaskan natives. I don't expect you to spend any time posting anything about it.

* Are you concerned about them before they die or after? If it's the former, your original statement made no sense, but at least you could say that you have concern for anyone who contemplates suicide, as we all should, and that the statement could have been worded better. Most of what you say doesn't surprise me. But I am surprised you doubled down on that.

The number of people who contemplate suicide at any point in their life is astronomical. It's above 80%. The number who attempted it....to some degree....is still very large. Over 1 million in the US every year.

The number who succeed is far far smaller and if we want to know which groups are most in danger of suicide....they will be found there.

Now, as usual, I find myself explaining probabilities and statistics and statistical analysis on another thread to you.....again. Are you going to start paying me for this at some point? Because frankly, if you pay attention, 5 years from now you'll be a qualified researcher at the rate we're going.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Even so, seems like advocating waiting until after someone is dead to use that resource on them might be a bit stingy.
That's because I understand how to solve problems KC!

Imagine we wanted to cut back on drinking and driving because rates were still high after broadly attempting to deal with the entire population. Someone smart says....what if certain people are more likely to drink and drive?

Good point. How can we find this out?? What group of people is most likely to drink and drive....fortunately, the mayor turns to me and you to figure this out.

You decide to create a survey, asking people about how often they consider drinking and driving....on any given year. Wild stuff.

Thank goodness I work for the mayor too. I just call up the police and ask them to send me all the data they have on DUIs and possible DUI stops, conviction or not. By the end of the day I tell the mayor who does it most, the characteristics they share, and I've consulted experts to figure out why.

Months later after sifting through vastly larger data sets....you come up with a completely different answer that for some reason, don't get pulled over for DUIs. The mayor can't believe you're still working on this as I solved the issue weeks ago and the population of people drinking and driving is already decreasing.

I kindly remind you that if you have any problems you need help with, you can ask, as you clean out your desk.

I guess this is the uncertainty part of FUD (Fear, uncertainty, and doubt - Wikipedia) coming through to prop up a predetermined conclusion.

Predetermined?

I'm asking for basic data....the exact data your entire position is built upon.

Are trans youth killing themselves at some alarming rate? Yes or no?

Yeah, life isn't certain. Why bother to do anything anyway?
Well even if I didn't succeed in a pursuit....I'd like the pursuit to be something worthwhile. Not a figment of imagination.

Perhaps there's another reason why you can't find the data you feel must support your view?
I can show you the suicide rates for teens and children. Children is close to zero. Ages 10-14? A mere 2.9 per 100k. This goes up for every age group till roughly the early to mid 30s, where it dips, then starts going up again until the over 85 group which has the highest rate....and nobody cares.

So if I'm supposed to believe this is a real problem.....and not the kind of problem that I only ever have to hear about because the world is filled with fools who can't tell left from right....we're going to need to know what the suicide rate of this group actually is. Otherwise, it looks like you've been duped into advocating for this despite not knowing anything.

Why does that keep happening KC?

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The transgender movement has a science problem. Trans activists and their allies are trying to silence their critics by accusing them of “science denialism,” but they are inadvertently illustrating the anti-science nature of transgender dogmas. For example, a recent opinion piece in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) — titled “Protecting Transgender Health and Challenging Science Denialism in Policy” actually demonstrates that rejecting transgender ideology is the best way to protect health and defend scientific integrity.

Of course, the authors, a couple of Yale professors plus a student, set out to prove the opposite.

Transgenderism denigrates the reality of bodily sex in order to exalt a non-corporeal sense of gender identity. It does not make a scientific claim, but a spiritual or metaphysical claim — that we have something like a gendered soul in a sexed body and that mismatches are possible and are best resolved by modifying the body into a facsimile of the other sex.

This extraordinary claim cannot be proven and must be taken on faith. Consequently, transgender advocates and allies, such as those writing in the New England Journal of Medicine, do not even attempt to provide a scientific explanation for transgenderism. Rather, because there is no physical need for medical transition, transgenderism has to be self-authenticating, proving itself by whatever mental health benefits can be attributed to it. This is why trans advocates are constantly (and falsely) telling parents that the alternative to transition is suicide — it’s the only argument they have; the only physical harm that can result from not transitioning is self-harm.

Ah, so "spiritual claims" should not be respected, then? I don’t think you’ve thought this through.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, kids have breasts now?
Have you ever been to a water park and seen some of those McDonald's filled monsters? The majority of overfed Americans have at least a b-cup.

Snark aside...I suppose it would depend on what definition people are using for "kids"

If "kids" means ages 4-9...then probably not

If "kids" means "anyone under 18"...then yes. If there are doctors willing to perform these procedures on minors (people under 18), I think it's at least a fair topic for debating whether or not it's really in the best interests of people.

I included an NY Time articles so that way it can't be claimed that it's "conservative bias"

Any time we're letting young people make major life altering decisions before we trust them with a beer, I think it's at least fair to ask some questions.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0