Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess Ringo thinks the guys that accused Kevin Spacey are just all lying.

No I don't, but that's a completely separate issue from what we're discussing: men who feel as though they're "under attack" because women who come forward with sexual assault accusations want to be believed.
Ringo

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Considering boys are molested in a 1 in 6 ratio, that's pretty insulting.

Oh, yes, Asia is getting a pass because she's a woman.

I just said that she was responsible for what she does, even if she herself was assaulted. You're putting words into my mouth, and it's making you look very desperate.
Ringo

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read the whole article from the OP

also, in it:
"But we are moving beyond merely holding individuals accountable for criminal or abusive behavior to policing masculinity itself. Men as a stigmatized group have become the target. Many people are worried about sex being policed as a result of the sexual harassment witch-hunt, but the act of sex is not the issue here. The relationship between men and women is. What we’re losing isn’t sexual freedom, but relational freedom and the trust that undergirds it."

men are stigmatized now?

if we're losing relational freedom, it's not because of #metoo
but because of the Internet, social media, texting, etc

people no longer have conversations and talk to each other
people text instead of converse and/or use social media instead of talking to someone

and then people wonder why they're having trouble in the dating world or trouble between spouses or with their kids

saw a good sign yesterday:

"this place is an Internet free zone
TALK to each other"

Reactions: seekingmuch
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
me-too-meme.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't matter? Teaching our sons (and daughters) to respect each other is the entire point.
I guess we are done here.

We're done. Your side lost. And hopefully we teach sons and daughters respect and honesty. Metoo doesn't care about the latter.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Agree. False accusations far outweigh assaults. As Scripture says,

“The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?"

I doubt we'll ever know the extent of the dishonesty of humanity until we get to heaven. Those who doubt this are simply in denial.

Your states are a joke, BTW. You cannot document lies to any credible degree.
I don't recall reading about women lying about rape in the bible. I read it. So I must of skipped maybe one women lying . I don't know. But a lot of rapes happen. And most people don't even report them. Out of fear of not being believed. Shame , or they don't remember every detail. Also CA is a wonderful state to live in.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Serious question: why engage with him? Nobody I've seen has ever provided a single shred of evidence that there is this "epidemic" of false rape allegations that are just waiting to swallow up men - not only from the whiny men on this forum, but on certain other online venues where I've participated in this exact debate.

It's a lie that was not even necessary to concoct because he was going to get through regardless.
Ringo

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We're done. Your side lost. And hopefully we teach sons and daughters respect and honesty. Metoo doesn't care about the latter.
What? You can't be taken serious. If you think Me too doesn't care about victims and what they deal with. Rape shouldn't have anything to do with politics. Except, Trump seems to mock victims. Other than that. I'm not getting your side lost crap, and rape.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/13/metoo-movement-destroying-trust-men-women/

"The sexual tension between men and women will always exist, and if women assume a man’s sexuality is a threat instead of a powerful complement to their own sexuality, they will always be on guard. In this environment of suspicion, there can be no privacy between a man and a woman. If there is any kind of interaction or discourse, even if it’s not sexual, the man can’t trust that the woman won’t use it against him—so communication is silenced. Fear is generated on both sides, and fear is the death of trust. It is also the death of love."

Your thoughts?
I've never trusted men or women, before the me too movements. Because of abuse. Mainly physical abuse and emotional abuse from women in the beginning and grown up men later in my teens. I grow up in foster care, so these men were supposed to relatives in my mind. Even when I was a child ,teenagers were an issue, but I had no clue. They weren't physically abuse. But their mother was. I think the (me too) simply says its ok to talk about . That they were sexual assault . And what boy, girls, men and women go through. I was taught not to trust or talk to strangers. But the predators aren't usually strangers .

• Prayers
Reactions: AnnaDeborah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well you rarely get find women getting guys drunk just to have sex . That’s a selfish immature guy thing . I told my two boys that not only was that a stupid thing to do ., the law considers that to be rape.
Good. So many teens boys and young men / older adults seem to think it's okay to get a women drunk or drugged. To have sex with her. This craziness hopefully will go away. Since it's being talked about.
If Kavanaugh did it he’s not going to confess as the statute of limitations has run out for both assault and rape.
Agreed. But I don't think this behavior goes away.
As far as her memory problem. PTSD does that. She knows who did it she has trouble remembering when .
At least someone is getting this. E
ven though the president mocked her over this.

Upvote 0

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is this person. And what was he accused of?

Lige Daniels, lynched after being accused of murdering a white woman.

This particular image doesn't demonstrate the narrative which it is being used for (no sexual component to the alleged crime, as far as I can tell).

That said, 25% of blacks who were lynched were accused of sexual assault (ref: Equal Justice Initiative's report). A large number of those were falsely accused (example: Emmitt Till). Hence, the relevance of historical lynchings of falsely accused black men to the modern day #metoo movement

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This particular image doesn't demonstrate the narrative which it is being used for (no sexual component to the alleged crime, as far as I can tell).

That said, 25% of blacks who were lynched were accused of sexual assault (ref: Equal Justice Initiative's report). A large number of those were falsely accused (example: Emmitt Till). Hence, the relevance of historical lynchings of falsely accused black men to the modern day #metoo movement
A black person being accused of something . Big surprised. If he was a white person. He would have never been looked at .Now give me something a white male gets executed for no reason. I'm very liberal and know black men have been through hell.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

there is an entirely different dynamic going on in those cases though.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

More precisely, he was lynched and hanged for what was seen at the time as the "crime" of a black woman showing any interest at all in a white woman. To say that this is equivalent to today's #MeToo movement, where women are empowered to speak up when men grope, assault and rape them, is dishonest in the extreme.

You are not being "lynched". You are not a victim. But Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez, etc are, and when they come forward and say that they were assaulted, they should be believed. If that threatens your delicate manhood, well....tough.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If as a man you feel threatened that women are empowered to speak up against sexual assault and rape, then perhaps you should be evaluating your own behavior and attitudes toward women.

I'm a man, and I can safely say that I don't feel threatened.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
If as a man you feel threatened that women are empowered to speak up against sexual assault and rape, then perhaps you should be evaluating your own behavior and attitudes toward women.

I'm a man, and I can safely say that I don't feel threatened.

-CryptoLutheran

i don't believe that it's a matter of feeling threatened per say (at least not in the way it's being framed).
the backlash seems more like a loss of status. similar to the reasons that people voted trump into office in response to the perceived loss of status they saw under obama.
the men who are most vocal against women speaking up feel like they can't "flirt" with women the way they want to anymore. they can't be the 80's action hero, or the lone cowboy or whatever other childish trope they thought they could fill anymore and that hurts their "pride."

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
i don't believe that it's a matter of feeling threatened per say (at least not in the way it's being framed).
the backlash seems more like a loss of status. similar to the reasons that people voted trump into office in response to the perceived loss of status they saw under obama.
the men who are most vocal against women speaking up feel like they can't "flirt" with women the way they want to anymore. they can't be the 80's action hero, or the lone cowboy or whatever other childish trope they thought they could fill anymore and that hurts their "pride."

I don't disagree with you at all, though I would place all those things under the "threatened" category. The threat isn't simply feeling threatened with litigation or the like, but the feeling threatened of having one's entitlement and power threatened. Which I would also file under the evaluating one's behavior and attitude toward women category. I believe the expression "man up" might actually apply to such men here.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

If that is so, I find it very troubling that anyone would use this man's tragic death to try to discredit a movement which has nothing to do with his death. He deserves our sympathy and respect . I think using the image in this way is very disrespectful to his memory.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0