THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. - Galatians 5:22-23
See the following two posts:

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-day-not-sunday.8075418/page-15#post-73016251

https://www.christianforums.com/thr...-day-not-sunday.8075418/page-15#post-73016291

Notice Paul:

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

What was truth again? See the links.

Against the fruits of the Spirit there is not law. They may be constantly fulfilled and seen in the life.

But against, sin, there is God's Law (1 John 3:4; Exodus 20:1-17; Romsns 7:7). Sin is to be never done/committed.

Psalms 85:8 I will hear what God the LORD will speak: for he will speak peace unto his people, and to his saints: but let them not turn again to folly.

John 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The apostles never commanded sabbath.
You are in error.

Jesus commanded it (even upon Mt. Sinai), John 14:15; Exodus 20:6, Exodus 20:8-11; Matthew 12:12, Matthew 19:17, Matthew 5:17-20 and more.

The Apostles commanded it, Hebrews 3-4, have you not read - https://www.christianforums.com/thr...hovah-my-rest-remaineth-to-my-people.8064956/

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The "commandments" are always a whole, a single "word":

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

James said:

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Again (See also Nehemiah 9:6; Psalms 146:6):

Acts 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Acts 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Acts 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Acts 15:

Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

What were the Chrsitians (Jews and Gentiles) doing in Acts 1:2, (4:24), 13:14,27,42,44, (14:15), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; ?

Paul set the example, just as Jesus had:

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

They knew the Sabbath was to be kept, but the pharisees, and scribes argued about how it ought to be kept. Jesus straightened all that out by His example. Paul followed this example.

Today the problem is different. We got people (deliberatly and knowingly, not speaking of the ignorant) going around saying the seventh day the sabbath of the Lord is not to be kept [period] inspite of the entire example and commandments of the whole OT and NT, and in the light of the Cross:

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

They (who knowingly do this, and teach others so, have a serious wrath upon them) are enemies (not my friends, for Jesus defined friends, John 15:14) of the Cross of Christ, and do not understand why Christ died. Instead, they go about and redefine "sin" (1 John 3:4) to suit their own disobedience to Gods will (Psalm 40:8).

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are in error.

Jesus commanded it (even upon Mt. Sinai), John 14:15; Exodus 20:6, Exodus 20:8-11; Matthew 12:12, Matthew 19:17, Matthew 5:17-20 and more.

The Apostles commanded it, Hebrews 3-4, have you not read - https://www.christianforums.com/thr...hovah-my-rest-remaineth-to-my-people.8064956/

1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

The "commandments" are always a whole, a single "word":

Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

James said:

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Again (See also Nehemiah 9:6; Psalms 146:6):

Acts 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

Acts 14:15 And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Acts 14:16 Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.

Exodus 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Acts 15:

Act 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
Act 15:19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:
Act 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Act 15:21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

What were the Chrsitians (Jews and Gentiles) doing in Acts 1:2, (4:24), 13:14,27,42,44, (14:15), 15:21, 16:13, 17:2, 18:4; ?

Paul set the example, just as Jesus had:

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luke 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

They knew the Sabbath was to be kept, but the pharisees, and scribes argued about how it ought to be kept. Jesus straightened all that out by His example. Paul followed this example.

Today the problem is different. We got people (deliberatly and knowingly, not speaking of the ignorant) going around saying the seventh day the sabbath of the Lord is not to be kept [period] inspite of the entire example and commandments of the whole OT and NT, and in the light of the Cross:

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

They (who knowingly do this, and teach others so, have a serious wrath upon them) are enemies (not my friends, for Jesus defined friends, John 15:14) of the Cross of Christ, and do not understand why Christ died. Instead, they go about and redefine "sin" (1 John 3:4) to suit their own disobedience to Gods will (Psalm 40:8).

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
I disagree with your interpretations of those scriptures.

Upvote 0

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is bceause you are willingly blind, and choose not to see:

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Notice, "love":

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

Notice, "goodness":

Proverbs 4:2 For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

1 Timothy 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Notice, "righteousnes"

Deuteronomy 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Psalms 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Isaiah 48:18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Notice, "truth":

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psalms 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Malachi 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
James is not saying that anyone can keep the whole law. He is speaking of the law of love and making the point, that he who doesn't love will not be shown Mercy.
"Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful.Mercy triumphs over judgment."
As Jesus said, the whole law is summed up in" love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself."

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
... my friend. ....
Speaking the truth is not rude. I am not your friend. All who teach transgression of God's law are enemies, as saith the word of God.

Psalms 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

Psalms 119:139 My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.

Psalms 119:157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.

As it is written:

Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Truth is not rudeness. I have spoken the truth in love, that you may turn and be delivered from your bondage.

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
James is not saying that anyone can keep the whole law.
That is a great error.

Christ gives strength to obey in all God's will; Romans 5:6; Revelation 12:10; Philippians 4:13. The problem is you do not believe, and therefore you will not enter into His rest, and the wrath of God abides upon you.

He is speaking of the law of love
I agree, and that "law of love" is God's Ten Commandments, as James quotes directly from it:

James 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
James 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

and making the point, that he who doesn't love will not be shown Mercy.
Keep reading James.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

"Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful.Mercy triumphs over judgment."
Notice the word "act", which means to "doers of the law", not merely hearers. The problem is you redefine "law" and "sin" to suit your disobedience to God's Ten Commandments, even specifically the 4th commandment in it specific words.

As Jesus said, the whole law is summed up in" love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself."
Yeah, Jesus was quoting from Deuteronomy 6:1-5 and Leviticus 19:17-18, both of which are in the context of the Ten Commandments.

Presently, you have redefined what it means to "love".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OT/OC Sabbath was a shadow. I have no problem with that.
No, the Law of God is Light, never a shadow, they are His perfect commandments (and is never called an ordinance):

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

But you simply redefine what God said to suit your disobedience to God's law of Light.

Colossians 2, deals with "ordinances", "shadow" and "things to come", not that which is "light", "commandment/law" and "remember" a memorial, that which points to the perfect past without sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And nobody answered my question about keeping Sabbath. For those who claim to keep it, do you keep it in its entirety as laid out in the old testament?
It wouldn't be keeping it, if it weren't.

Here is the commandment as given By God Himself:

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exodus 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exodus 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Speaking the truth is not rude. I am not your friend. All who teach transgression of God's law are enemies, as saith the word of God.

Psalms 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

Psalms 119:139 My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.

Psalms 119:157 Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline from thy testimonies.

As it is written:

Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Truth is not rudeness. I have spoken the truth in love, that you may turn and be delivered from your bondage.

It is rude when someone extends a hand in friendship and it is rejected. Are we not brothers and sisters in Christ? What you should try to realize is that everyone you are conversing with loves God and seeks to honor Him the way that they believe Jesus wants them to. Just because we have different beliefs doesn’t mean we cannot be friends or brothers and sisters in Christ. Even when confronted with your lack of compassion you can’t bring yourself to be humble and apologize for being impolite? Even if you consider us enemies love your enemies.

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
I will copy that which is already written elsewhere, since it is a great summation of the issues in Colossians 2:

"... Colossians 2 KJB, parallels Ephesians 2 KJB, and Hebrews 9-10 KJB. The language is the same. The "ordinances" in Colossians 2 deals with "shadows", such as the daily "meat and drink" offerings of a worldly sanctuary and carnal ordinances, the seasonal "feast days", the monthly "new moons", and the year based "sabbaths", in the singular, every 7 and 50th years, as Paul is citing Psalms 98:1-3; and Ezekiel 45:17 KJB with other texts.

The Sabbath of the LORD thy God is always called "my [as in God's] sabbaths", and the others in Leviticus 23:4 onward are called "your [the peoples] sabbaths" [Leviticus 26:35 KJB] which are "beside [given in addition to] the sabbaths of the LORD" [Leviticus 23:38 KJB]. The Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath of the 4th Commandment, are "light" [Proverbs 6:23, Isaiah 8:20, 51:4 KJB], never a "shadow", are "spiritual" [Romans 7:14 KJB], never "carnal" [Hebrews 9:10 KJB].

Colossians 2:14 - "ordinances"
Ephesians 2:15 - "law of commandments contained in ordinances"
Hebrews 9:1 - "ordinances of divine service"
Hebrews 9:10 - "carnal ordinances"

Colossians 2:16 - "in meat, or in drink" [offerings]
Hebrews 9:10 - "meats and drinks" [offerings]

Colossians 2:12 - "also ye are risen with him"
Ephesians 2:6 - "raised us up together"

Colossians 2:16 - "a shadow of things to come"
Ephesians 2:7 - "in the ages to come"
Hebrews 9:11 - "of good things to come"
Hebrews 10:1 - "the law having a shadow of good things to come", "those sacrifices", "offered year by year"
[ps. none of the Ten Commandments deal with carnal sacrifices] ..." - https://www.christianforums.com/thr...illed-in-the-new-col-2.8062561/#post-72625085

"... Paul is quoting from Psalms 98:1-3 and Ezekiel 45:17 KJB.

[1] "daily" [in meat, or in drink [offerings]],

COL 2:14-17 The REAL truth from God's Word

[2] "seasonally" [or in respect of an holyday; ie feast days of seasons, Spring, Fall]

[3] "monthly" [of the new moon]

[4] "annually, yearly, and 7th year and 50th Year" ["of the sabbath [days]" [plural]].

thus an increasing order ..."- https://www.christianforums.com/thr...illed-in-the-new-col-2.8062561/#post-72658182

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is rude when someone extends a hand in friendship and it is rejected.
I am not friends with the enemies. No thank you. Join with us, and then you are friends, as it is written:

John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Do not redefine "friends".

Are we not brothers and sisters in Christ?
No. If you were ignorant, then so, but you are not ignorant, and have much light shown, but you reject it as darkness.

What you should try to realize is that everyone you are conversing with loves God and seeks to honor Him the way that they believe Jesus wants them to.
Therein is the problem, you make the criteria each person, rather than the standard of His word, His Command.

Just because we have different beliefs doesn’t mean we cannot be friends
When it comes to God's Law, yes it does.

or brothers and sisters in Christ.
I do not count those who are ignorant as enemies. I count those who are deliberate as such.

Even when confronted with your lack of compassion you can’t bring yourself to be humble and apologize for being impolite?
It is your definition, and I do not agree with your definition.

I told you the truth and you obstinantly refuse.

Even if you consider us enemies love your enemies.
I am. I am telling you the truth.

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good scripture. It rebukes those who would promote circumcision.
Circumcision is always required.

Deuteronomy 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Jeremiah 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Im not sure how it applies to me.
Simply that circumcision of hearts leads to keeping all of God's commandments, not teaching to transgress them, which means the "flesh" is still in control and not yet fully "cut off":

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Exact parallel language.

I like the next chapter.
Pick and choose.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! 5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is [c]near.
Which Lord? The Lord of the seventh day the sabbath, or the Lord of your own making?

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Is the Law of God True? Is the Law of God Pure?

Do you believe you can keep God's commandment, the 4th Commandment as is specifically given in Exodus 20:8-11:

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

If not, what strength was given to you? What were you saved from? What deliverer do you have? and if you obey not the commandment of God, who is your Lord?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It wouldn't be keeping it, if it weren't.

Here is the commandment as given By God Himself:

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exodus 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exodus 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
So, you don't even carry a pencil from one room to the next on Sabbath? You don't travel anywhere in your car? I'm not totally ignorant about this stuff. I grew up in a family that sort of kept Sunday as Sabbath. We did not work, unless absolutely necessary, but we did drive to church and food was cooked, etc.
But, when I really starting studying the Bible for myself, I find a lot of denominations are trying to mix old testament laws with the new covenant, and there is a lot of distorting of scriptures going on to do that.

Upvote 0

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christ gives strenghth to obey in all God's will; Romans 5:6; Revelation 12:10; Philippians 4:13. The problem is you do not believe, and therefore you will not enter into His rest, and the wrath of God abides upon you.
I'm pretty sure it's against the rules of this forum to insinuate someone is not a Christian because they don't interpret scripture like you.

Upvote 0

Pyong Ping

Jun 12, 2018
Western
✟8,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is rude when someone extends a hand in friendship and it is rejected....
Jesus is continually extending His hand to you in friednship, but you keep slapping it back by refusing to obey His commandment (Exodus 20:8-11; John 14:15, Exodus 20:6):

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.