THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They gathered on the Sabbath as God's people to hear the Word of God *ACT 15:21

It is not a requirement to go to Church or not go to Church on the Sabbath according to God's 4th Commandment. It is KEEPING the SABBATH a HOLY DAY that is a requirement. No work is to be conducted. *EXODUS 20:8-11

Seriously Steve? You must be pretty desparate as you seem to be making things up now. Do you have any scriptures to share?
Leave your message at the sound of the BEEP. (automated answer)

• Haha
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They gathered on the Sabbath as God's people to hear the Word of God *ACT 15:21

It is not a requirement to go to Church or not go to Church on the Sabbath according to God's 4th Commandment. It is KEEPING the SABBATH a HOLY DAY that is a requirement. No work is to be conducted. *EXODUS 20:8-11

Seriously Steve? You must be pretty desparate as you seem to be making things up now. Do you have any scriptures to share?

Do you believe it’s a sin to gather on Sunday rather than Saturday to worship Jesus?

The Sabbath is about not working, so what kind of work are we allowed to do on the Sabbath according to Jesus?

JLB

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe it’s a sin to gather on Sunday rather than Saturday to worship Jesus?

The Sabbath is about not working, so what kind of work are we allowed to do on the Sabbath according to Jesus?

JLB
I hear that carrying mattresses is okay. Not work. lol

Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hear that carrying mattresses is okay. Not work. lol

I believe everyone can see that his misguided attempts at preying on young gullible Christian’s to bring them back under the bondage of the law of Moses,
is utterly laughable.

He has no scripture whatsoever to back his false doctrine.

He even was denying the Sabbath when confronted with the truth.

There is no scripture from Christ or His Apostles that command the Church to gather or assemble on the Sabbath.

He has twisted the scriptures about the Sabbath being a day for man to rest, into a false doctrine about assembling for Church service on Saturday.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:28-29

Going to Church on Saturday is not how we find rest for our souls.

Christ Jesus is our rest and peace.

JLB

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe everyone can see that his misguided attempts at preying on young gullible Christian’s to bring them back under the bondage of the law of Moses,
is utterly laughable.

He has no scripture whatsoever to back his false doctrine.

He even was denying the Sabbath when confronted with the truth.

There is no scripture from Christ or His Apostles that command the Church to gather or assemble on the Sabbath.

He has twisted the scriptures about the Sabbath being a day for man to rest, into a false doctrine about assembling for Church service on Saturday.

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Going to Church on Saturday is not how we find rest for our souls.

Christ Jesus is our rest and peace.

JLB

Yet all that has been provided to you is God's WORD and here you still are full of your own words and accusations you cannot prove with the scriptures.

For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind.

He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops.

Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet all that has been provided to you is God's WORD and here you still are full of your own words and accusations you cannot prove with the scriptures.

For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind.

He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops.

Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day.

More denial’s and opinion’s of man when all I have asked for is scripture.

Judgement Day will reveal that heretics claim it’s a commandment from Jesus to gather on the Sabbath, when no such scripture exists.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9​

You have left the doctrine of Christ and are deceiving people with the same deception you yourself have fallen prey to.

You have been taken captive by Satan to do His will, which is deceive God’s people with another Gospel.

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
2 Timothy 2:24-26

I have paitiently asked you countless number of times to please provide the scripture where Jesus commanded the Church to gather as an assembly to worship Him specifically on the Sabbath.

You stubbornly refused, claiming that you already did, when all you have provided is a copy and paste answer with Old Testament scriptures from the law of Moses, or scriptures where Paul or Jesus went to a synagogue to teach.

Not one single scripture from Jesus or His Apostles, whereby they commanded the Church to meet or assemble on the Sabbath?

You continue in your stubborn deceitful arrogance, so it’s clear you refuse to provide the New Testament commandment the shows us we are required by God to assemble on the Sabbath.

It’s time for you to repent.

You are teaching heresy.

Heretics will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

JLB

• Winner
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
More denial’s and opinion’s of man when all I have asked for is scripture.

Judgement Day will reveal that heretics claim it’s a commandment from Jesus to gather on the Sabbath, when no such scripture exists.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9​

You have left the doctrine of Christ and are deceiving people with the same deception you yourself have fallen prey to.

You have been taken captive by Satan to do His will, which is deceive God’s people with another Gospel.

And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
2 Timothy 2:24-26

I have paitiently asked you countless number of times to please provide the scripture where Jesus commanded the Church to gather as an assembly to worship Him specifically on the Sabbath.

You stubbornly refused, claiming that you already did, when all you have provided is a copy and paste answer with Old Testament scriptures from the law of Moses, or scriptures where Paul or Jesus went to a synagogue to teach.

Not one single scripture from Jesus or His Apostles, whereby they commanded the Church to meet or assemble on the Sabbath?

You continue in your stubborn deceitful arrogance, so it’s clear you refuse to provide the New Testament commandment the shows us we are required by God to assemble on the Sabbath.

It’s time for you to repent.

You are teaching heresy.

Heretics will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

JLB

Hello JBL,

There is only life in the living Word. God's Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your words are not directed towards me but to the one who the the Word belongs. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are known and loved by him.

God's Sheep hear his Voice

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello JBL,

There is only life in the living Word. God's Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. Your words are not directed towards me but to the one who the the Word belongs. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? There is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are known and loved by him.

God's Sheep hear his Voice

Everyone can see you are just stalling.

You know you have been caught.

You have been caught promoting a false doctrine.

You have no scripture to prove your claim of Sabbath assembly.

Where is the scripture that Jesus commanded the Church to gather together on the Sabbath.

There is none.

You are proclaiming a false doctrine, from your proverbial house top. LOL.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

Christ is our rest and our peace, not gathering together on the Sabbath, for all the ministers to work.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Everyone can see you are just stalling.

You know you have been caught.

You have been caught promoting a false doctrine.

You have no scripture to prove your claim of Sabbath assembly.

Where is the scripture that Jesus commanded the Church to gather together on the Sabbath.

There is none.

You are proclaiming a false doctrine, from your proverbial house top. LOL.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

Christ is our rest and our peace, not gathering together on the Sabbath, for all the ministers to work.

JLB

Yet here you still are unable to prove any of your accusations either can you respond to all the scriptures from God's WORD that disagrees with your teachings? Doesn't this worry you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many will not hear because they do not know Him.

Hear what?

What is it we are to hear?

If their is a command from Jesus about the Sabbath, please share it with us.

Did Jesus command the Church to gather and have meetings on the Sabbath?

If so, please post the scripture where this commandment can be found in the Bible.

Did Jesus command us to refrain from doing any work on the Sabbath?

If so please post the scripture where this comnand from Jesus can be found.

Did the Apostles command the Church to observe the Sabbath in a specific way?

If so please post the scripture where this command can be found.

Here is a scripture where all the leadership of the church gathered together along with the Holy Spirit to decide what commandments that the Gentiles were to observe.

They wrote this letter by them:
The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,
To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia:
Greetings.
Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”—to whom we gave no such commandment— it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.
Farewell. Acts 15:24-29

No mention of keeping the Sabbath.

If keeping the Sabbath was paramount to the salvation of the Church, then why no mention of it for the Gentiles to observe?

Christ is the reality that the Sabbath pointed to.

He is our rest and peace with God.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hear what?

What is it we are to hear?

If so, please post the scripture where this commandment can be found in the Bible.

Here is a scripture where all the leadership of the church gathered together along with the Holy Spirit to decide what commandments that the Gentiles were to observe.

Greetings.
Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, “You must be circumcised and keep the law”—to whom we gave no such commandment— it seemed good to us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who will also report the same things by word of mouth.
For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that you abstain from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well.

If keeping the Sabbath was paramount to the salvation of the Church, then why no mention of it for the Gentiles to observe?

JLB

Hello JBL, simply repeating yourself and ignoring all the scriptures posted to you that have already answered your posts do not make all the scriptures posted that disagree with you disappear. It only shows you ignore the scriptures sent as a help to you.

If you choose to believe God's WORD or not your salvation is between you and God. It is clear you do not know what COL 2 is talking about... click me linked.

If you do not know what the Shadow laws of the OLD COVENANT are how can you know what they pointed to?

Where is the scripture that says that God's 4th Commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Don't worry brother there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day. Many are called but few are chosen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello JBL, simply repeating yourself and ignoring all the scriptures posted to you that have already answered your posts do not make all the scriptures posted that disagree with you disappear. It only shows you ignore the scriptures sent as a help to you.

If you had posted a scripture from Jesus, whereby He commanded the Church to gather on the Sabbath then we would be discussing it.

Since you only posted scripture from the law of Moses and scriptures that show us Jesus and Paul taught unbelieving Jews in their synagogues for the purpose of proclaiming Christ, then it’s easy to see your scriptures do not answer the question.

The law of Moses has been abolished on the cross.

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

We are now married to the One who is raised from the dead.

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
Romans 7:4

So I ask you to post a scripture from Christ or His Apostles that commands the Church to gather together and hold a solemn assembly on the Sabbath.

Furthermore, please show a scripture whereby Christ or His Apostles command the Church concerning anything to do with the Sabbath, such not working or not preparing a meal, or not traveling.

Here is my scripture from Paul.

Now if you are honest, please post one scripture that addresses the question I asked.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you do not know what the Shadow laws of the OLD COVENANT are how can you know what they pointed to?

The shadow was the sabbaths.

The substance that cast the shadow is Christ.

Those who believe do enter His rest.

For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Hebrews 4:3

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you choose to believe God's WORD or not your salvation is between you and God. It is clear you do not know what COL 2 is talking about... click me linked.

Where is the scripture that says that God's 4th Commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Don't worry brother there is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day. Many are called but few are chosen.

Greetings.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you had posted a scripture from Jesus, whereby He commanded the Church to gather on the Sabbath then we would be discussing it.

Why would Jesus need to post a scripture about gathering on the Sabbath. You can see very clearly it was his custom to do so as well as all the Apostles after his death.

LUKE 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his [JESUS] custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up to read.

MATTHEW 24:20
[20], But pray you that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day

Acts 13:15-15; 42-44
[14], And when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. [15], And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, You men and brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on.

[42], And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. <Why wait till the next Sabbath?>
[43], Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
[44], And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Acts 16:13
[13], And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a riverside, where prayer was accustomed to be made; and we sat down, and spoke unto the women who met there.

Acts 17:1-2
[1], Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews:
[2], And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

Acts 18:4-5
[4], And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.
[5], And when Silas and Timothy were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the word, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ.

Yep seems like Jesus and all the Aposltes were keeping the Sabbath and Jesus knew we would be keeping the Sabbath after his death *MATTHEW 24:20.

Since you only posted scripture from the law of Moses and scriptures that show us Jesus and Paul taught unbelieving Jews in their synagogues for the purpose of proclaiming Christ, then it’s easy to see your scriptures do not answer the question.

The law of Moses has been abolished on the cross.

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

Well that simply has no truth in it. Most of the scriptures provided are NEW TESTAMENT scriptures and we are to live by EVERY WORD of God not some of it. The scriptures and posts provided to you that you ignore indeed answer your questions. It seems you did not like the answer as it disagrees with your teachings. Here let me help you with the scripture you provided you seem a little mixed up.

EPHESIANS 2:8-19
[8], For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9], Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[10], For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
[11], Therefore remember, that you being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
[12], That at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
[13], But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near by the blood of Christ.
[14], For he is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
[15], Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace;
[16], And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
[17], And came and preached peace to you who were afar off, and to them that were near.
[18], For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
[19], Now therefore you are no more strangers and sojourners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Q. What law did Christ ABOLISH in his FLESH? v15
A. THE LAW CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES v15

NOTE: The GREEK word used here is δόγμα and means CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL laws. This is a reference to the MOSAIC BOOK of the law NOT THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.

Sorry JBL, seems God's WORD disagrees with you.

Furthermore, please show a scripture whereby Christ or His Apostles command the Church concerning anything to do with the Sabbath, such not working or not preparing a meal, or not traveling.

In your view...

1. Jesus DID NOT TEACH that it is lawful to do GOOD on the Sabbath? (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)

2. Jesus DID NOT TEACH that God's Sabbath was made for mankind and not man for the Sabbath rebuking the tradtions of the Jew in regards to their traditions and interpretation around Sabbath keeping? (Mark 2:27-28; Matthew 12:8)

3. Jesus DID NOT TEACH that he was the maker and creator of the Sabbath and the God of creation? (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)

4. Jesus IS NOT OUR EXAMPLE who kept the Sabbath as well as all those who followed him (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

5. Jesus DID NOT TEACH that if break God's Commandments and teach others to do so will not enter God's Kingdom? (Matt 5:19)

6. Jesus DID NOT TEACH that not a jot or tittle will pass from God's LAW until heaven and earth pass away? (Matthew 5:18)

7. Jesus DID NOT TEACH that on the two great commandments of LOVE to GOD and MAN hang ALL the LAW and the prophets (Matthew 22:36-40)

Paul DID NOT WARN US that those who do NOT believe and follow GOD do not enter into God's Sabbath rest because of their SINS and UNBELIEF (Hebrews 3-4)

9. Paul DID NOT KEEP the Sabbath with both Jews and Gentiles (Acts 13:14-15; 42-44; Acts 16:13; Acts 17-1-2; Acts 18:4-5)

10. Jesus, Paul, James, John and Peter DID NOT KEEP the Sabbath and taught there is 10 Commandments which includes the Sabbath and if you break anyone of God's Commandments you stand guilty before God of breaking all of them (James 2:8-12; Romans 7:7; 3:20; 1 John 3:4).

Why would Jesus and the Apostles give us further instruction in relation to Sabbath keeping building on the OLD TESTAMENET scriptures if we no longer need to keep it? (Point 1, 2, 3, 6)

For me I choose to BELIEVE God's WORD and the teachings of Jesus, Paul, James, Peter and John who all disagree with your teaching. If you disagree it is ok but if you wish the conversation to continue please respond to this post and the linked posts inside this post with the scriptures in them that disagree with your teaching. If you cannot it only shows you are in error .

Here is my scripture from Paul. So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17

Now if you are honest, please post one scripture that addresses the question I asked.
JLB

Yes I agree it seems you do not understand COLOSSIANS 2 and what Paul is discussing here.
You mix up your Shadow laws with God's 10 Commandments. Besides God's 4th Commandment which is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH written on stone, there were "SPECIAL" annual ceremonial Sabbath connected to the annual Jewish festivals in the OLD COVENANT written in the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT.

These ceremonial Sabbath were not God's 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments but were connected to annual festivals and could fall on ANY DAY of the week depending on the yearly cycle (please read LEVITICUS 23;24-39).

These ceremonial "SPECIAL" Sabbath were connected to..

* Annual festival of The blowing of trumpet (Leviticus 23:24)
* Annual Day of Atonement (Leviticus 23:32)
* Annual Feast of tabernacles (Leviticus 23:39)

These "SPECIAL" Sabbath could fall on any day and were connected directly to these festivals that were prophetic in nature pointing to Jesus and God's plan of Salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

You have your Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT mixed up with God's ETERNAL LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin (Romans 3:20).

DETAILED SCRIPTURE SUPPORT COLOSSIANS 2 LINKING THE NEW TESTAMENT TO OLD

What it all comes down to is that SIN is the breaking of any of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17The shadow was the sabbaths.The substance that cast the shadow is Christ.Those who believe do enter His rest.
For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Hebrews 4:3

JLB

Well that has no truth in it. You mix up your shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT with God's eternal law. How can the Sabbath be a SHADOW of anything when it was made BEFORE sin and God's plan of salvation? Your mixing up the special annual Sabbaths connected to feast days.

Besides God's 4th Commandment which is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH written on stone, there were "SPECIAL" annual ceremonial Sabbath connected to the annual Jewish festivals in the OLD COVENANT written in the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT.

These ceremonial Sabbath were not God's 4th Commandment of the 10 Commandments but were connected to annual festivals and could fall on ANY DAY of the week depending on the yearly cycle (please read LEVITICUS 23;24-39).

These "SPECIAL" Sabbath could fall on any day and were connected directly to these festivals that were prophetic in nature pointing to Jesus and God's plan of Salvation in the NEW COVENANT.

You have your Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT mixed up with God's ETERNAL LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of sin (Romans 3:20).

COL 2:11-17 CHAPTER CONTEXT

11, In whom also you are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12, Buried with him in baptism, in which also you are risen with him through the faith of the working of God, who has raised him from the dead.
13, And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, has he made alive together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14,Blotting out the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15, And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16, Let no man therefore judge you in food, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17, Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

CHAPTER CONTEXT OF COL 2:14 AND SUBJECT MATTER (COL 2:11-17)

V11. Shadows of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing to CIRCUMCISION of the HEART MADE WITHOUT HANDS by the CIRCUMCISION of Christ.

Foretold in the OLD TESTAMENT….

DEUTERONOMY 10 [16] Circumcise therefore THE FORESKIN OF YOUR HEART, and be no more stiff-necked.

DEUTERONOMY 30 [6] And the LORD your God will CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART AND THE HEART OF YOUR DECENDENCE, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITHYOU’RE YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU MAY LIVE.

JEREMIAH 4 [4] CIRCUMCISE YOURSELF TO THE LORD, AND TAKE AWAY THE FORESKINS OF YOUR HEART, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

NEW COVENANT FULFILLMENT of the SHADOWS of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION pointing the CIRCUMCISION of the HEART through faith in Christ…

ROMANS 2 [25] For circumcision verily profits, if you keep the law: but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26], Therefore if the uncircumcision keeps the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? [27], And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfils the law, judge you, who by the letter and circumcision do transgress the law? [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OF THE OUTWARD FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN BUT OF GOD.

1 CORITHIANS 7 [19] CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, AND UNCIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, BUT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

This is the operation of GOD in the NEW COVENANT…

HEBREWS 8 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

CONCLUSION; The CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION is a Shadow law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT pointing to a NEW HEART to LOVE and OBEY GOD in the NEW COVENANT

The SHADOW laws of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic BOOK of the Covenant are the within CHAPTER CONTEXT BEFORE COL 2:14

……………………………

COL 2:14 SCRIPTURE SUBJECT MATTER AND CONTENT.

14, Blotting out the HANDWRITING of ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

GREEK WORD MEANINGS AND WORD USE

, “BLOTTING OUT” < G1813 ἐξαλείφωexaleipho (ex-a-lei'-fō) v. means to rub out, i.e. obliterate, erase>the “HANDWRITING” < G5498 χειρόγραφονcheirographon (chei-ro'-gra-fon) n. means something hand-written (“chirograph”), a manuscript specially, a legal document > of “ORDINANCES” < G1378 δόγμαdogma (d̮og'-ma) n. means; ORDINANCE; CIVIL, CEREMONIAL or ECCLESIASTICAL laws>that was against us, WHICH WERE AGAINST , and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The GREEK WORD meanings here in this scripture show that it follows the same CONTEXT of v11-13 in relation to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.

V14 Blotting out or erasing the legal MANUSCRIPT or document of ORDINANCES referred to here are those of the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT.
The GREEK word for ORDIANACE is DOGMA meaning THE CIVIL, CEREMONIAL and ECCLESIASTICAL ORDINANCES once again only found in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant

This scripture cannot be referring to the abolishing of the 10 commandments of God’s LAW as God’s 10 Commandments are not ORDINANCES and they are not written in a MANUSCRIPT they are written on two tables of stone (Exodus 31:18). Also the chapter CONTEXT is in reference to the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES of CIRCUMCISION once again from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT. These were all SHADOWS ALONG WITH THE ORDINANCES OF v17 pointing to Christ and the plan of SALVATION.

ORDINANCES that were against us is referring to the also referring to the PENALTY of SIN (breaking God’s Commandments and the ORDINANCES of curses written once again in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant.

DEUT 31 [26] Take this Book of the Law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUT 30 [19] For GOD has said, I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, BLESSINGS AND CURSES: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: [20] That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest OBEY his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD swore unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

(See the list of ORDINACES for curses of breaking Gods’ Law in DEUTERONOMY 28:15-68)

CONCLUSION; COL 2:14 is talking about the CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the MOSIAC BOOK of the Covenant which are SHADOW laws pointing to Jesus and God’s plan of SALVATION. This is supported also by the within CHAPTER CONTEXT and SUBJECT matter of v16 which are all CEREMONIAL ORDINANCES written in the MOCAIC BOOK of the COVENANT and not referring to ABOLISHING God’s 10 Commandments.

HEBREWS 9 [1] Then verilyTHE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

old covenant...blood of goats.....The meat and drink offerings

HEBREWS 10 [4] FOR IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:[6] In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.[7] Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.[8] Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;[9] Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. HE TAKETH AWAY THE FIRST, THAT HE MAY ESTABLISH THE SECOND.

EPHESIANS 2 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

HEBREWS 13 [9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be ESTABLISHED WITH GRACE; NOT WITH MEATS, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. [11] For THE BODIES OF THOSE BEASTS, WHOSE BLOOD is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. [12] WHEREFORE JESUS ALSO, THAT HE MIGHT SANCTIFY THE PEOPLE WITH HIS OWN BLOOD, suffered without the gate.

The first covenant had ORDINANCES which stood ONLY in meat and drink offerings which were a figure. A shadow

EZEKIEL 46 [14] And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a MEAT OFFERING continually by a perpetual ORDINANCE unto the LORD.

HEBREWS 10 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. [3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.

Hebrews 10 says it all. The shadow of the law was the offerings (the meat and drink offerings).

NUMBERS 19 [2] This is the ORDINANCE OF THE LAW which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:

JOHN 6 [55] For my flesh is MEAT indeed, and my blood is DRINK indeed.

NUMBERS 18 [8] And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Behold, I also have given thee the charge of mine heave offerings of all the hallowed things of the children of Israel; unto thee have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to thy sons, BY AN ORDINANCE for ever.[9] This shall be thine of the most holy things, reserved from the fire: EVERY OBLATION of theirs, EVERY MEAT OFFERING of theirs, and EVERY SIN OFFERING of theirs, and every trespass offering of theirs, which they shall render unto me, shall be most holy for thee and for thy sons.The new covenant is all about the blood of Christ. Not changing the law....but fulfilling the law

ZECHARIAH 9 [9] Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, THY KING COMETH UNTO THEE: HE IS JUST, AND HAVING SALVATION; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.[10] And I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem, and the battle bow shall be cut off: and he shall speak peace unto the heathen: and his dominion shall be from sea even to sea, and from river even to the ends of the earth.[11] As for thee also, BY THE BLOOD OF THY COVENANT I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no waterVerse 9 definitely prophecies of the coming Jesus. Verse 11, Jesus is called the blood of thy covenant

HEBREWS 12 [23] To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,[24] And to Jesus THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT, AND TO THE BLOOD of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

New covenant...blood

LUKE 22 [19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. [20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW TESTAMENT IN MY BLOOD, which is shed for you.

Jesus did not come to change or destroy the law. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law and to END the Mosaic law for remission of SIN and the penalty of SIN in those who BELIEVE.

NO MORE ORDINANCES WRITTEN IN THE BOOK of the OLD COVENANT
Ceremonial/Levitical/Sacrificial laws and animal sacrifices.

MORE SCRIPTURE CLICK ME?

CONCLUSION: COL 2:16 is not talking about God's 10 Commandments or the 4th Commandment it is talking about CEREMONIAL ORDINACES written in the MOSAIC BOOK of the Covenant for remission of SIN and annual festivals and HOLY DAYS and special SABBATHS of LEV 23 that pointed to Jesus and GOd's plan of salvation.

SIN is the transgression or breakin gof God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

HEBREWS 4:9 So then, it remains for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Where in all of God's WORD does it say that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

1. Jesus taught that it is lawful to do GOOD on the Sabbath? (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)

2. Jesus taught that God's Sabbath was made for mankind and not man for the Sabbath rebuking the tradtions of the Jew in regards to their traditions and interpretation around Sabbath keeping? (Mark 2:27-28; Matthew 12:8)

3. Jesus taught that he was the maker and creator of the Sabbath and the God of creation? (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)

4. Jesus is our example who kept the Sabbath as well as all those who followed him (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

5. Jesus taught that if break God's Commandments and teach others to do so will not enter God's Kingdom? (Matt 5:19)

6. Jesus taught that not a jot or tittle will pass from God's LAW until heaven and earth pass away? (Matthew 5:18)

7. Jesus taught that on the two great commandments of LOVE to GOD and MAN hang ALL the LAW and the prophets (Matthew 22:36-40)

Paul warns us that those who do NOT believe and follow GOD do not enter into God's Sabbath rest because of their SINS and UNBELIEF (Hebrews 3-4)

9. Paul kept the Sabbath with both Jews and Gentiles (Acts 13:14-15; 42-44; Acts 16:13; Acts 17-1-2; Acts 18:4-5)

10. Jesus, Paul, James, John and Peter kept the Sabbath and taught there is 10 Commandments which includes the Sabbath and if you break anyone of God's Commandments you stand guilty before God of breaking all of them (James 2:8-12; Romans 7:7; 3:20; 1 John 3:4).

11. Paul says that for those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD's WORD that it remains for the people of God to KEEP the SABBATH *HEBREWS 4:9

Why would Jesus and the Apostles give us further instruction in relation to Sabbath keeping building on the OLD TESTAMENET scriptures if we no longer need to keep it? (Point 1, 2, 3, 6)

They wrote this letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren,
Greetings.

There was no mention of any of God's 10 Commandments in ACTS 15 the topic of CONVERSATION was ACTS 15:1-2 which was IS CIRCUMCISION a requirement for salvation not if GOD's 10 commandments should be obeyed or not obeyed.

We are only saved by GRACE through FAITH and not of ourselves it is a gift of GOD and not of WORKS lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8. God's LAW (10 Commandments) however give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If you break God's 4th commandment just like any of the 10 commandments you stand guilty before God of sin. This is written all through the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures.

So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. Colossians 2:16-17 Christ is the reality that the Sabbath pointed to.He is our rest and peace with God.
JLB

Far from it. Jesus is not your peace if you are knowingly breaking any of God's 10 commandments.

You mix up your Shadow laws with God's 10 Commandments. Besides God's 4th Commandment which is the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH written on stone, there were "SPECIAL" annual ceremonial Sabbath connected to the annual Jewish festivals in the OLD COVENANT written in the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT.

What it all comes down to is that SIN is the breaking of any of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Where is the scripture that says God's 4th Commandment is ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a HOLY day?

Sorry JBL, God's WORD dissagrees with you.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
241632_34eb9720e83d079c07845e734770c4fc.jpg

of the
Flaming and Goading Rule
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.