The Kurds might not be able to hold against ISIS

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sadly, there is still too much antisemitism in Germany. It has receded to fringe parties, fraternities and drinking groups of old men.

It isn't acceptable anymore, but it was not destroyed, neither by war or peace.

And Saladin was a liberator, not a conqueror. He was even respected as chivalrous by his contemporary christian adversaries.

Maybe you should really follow the example of Richard the Lionheart towards Saladin and send the muslims gifts.
On point and thank you for noting that - the way Saladin interacted with Christians and vice-versa is something I am always amazed at how often it's minimized.

There was another thread elsewhere that sought to discuss the issue as it concerns the ways Christians/Muslims had extensive times of peace/working together---with militant action often being the cause of social unrest on both sides, if going to the thread entitled Syria: Orthodox Christians Wary of Their Future in Post-Assad Regime

I'm reminded of the film "Kingdom of Heaven" when it comes to seeing the interactions between groups.

A Valuable Lesson
I put no stock in religion - Kingdom of Heaven

History wise, the ways that Christians interacted with others hasn't always been the best...and it's no surprise that times got tough

The Third Crusade: Saladin & Richard the Lionheart Documentary

On a side note, it's interesting to consider the dynamics behind how many are often so afraid of anything done by Islam and yet they don't see where things are complicated in more ways than what others realize. Many have often noted that an even greater threat than anything else is Transhumanism (more here and here) and Secular Humanism, with the former on the rise and growing in control of much in the world---from human genetic enhancements/claiming to improve the human condition and doing a lot of messing with things/trying to get patents on biological elements (be it with Monsanto in its work with food or others working with gene therapy/finding ways to alter humanity in its evolution, regulation on human repopulation, eugenic population control, etc).

All of those things being promoted by us in the U.S. - with countries around the world paying the price for it. In many ways, we're moving towards an alternative humanity: transhuman existence. This is based more on the technological than the biological. Scientific advances are enabling what once was purely science-fiction to become reality (take cybernetic limbs for example). We are spending increasingly more time interacting with computers than directly with other humans. How then will our ethics and laws alter to cope with these kinds of changes, and what impact will it have on our humanity? Many have been discussing the ways that a lot of the people working with trying to get patents on human genes are Transhumanist on differing levels......and that's one reason why it's so scarey.

Militant Atheism is what often tends to come about from those venues....as well as social darwinism amongst other things (similar to the Eugenics programs hailed by Hitler in the Holocaust, alongside Margret Sanger in her plans for minorities in America with the Negro Project which evolved into Planned Parenthood today)..and of course, the ways that Stalinism arose once Germany was defeated)....although I will say it's interesting seeing the ways that Hitler himself interacted with people from Radical Islam (a real threat)---for he worked with others who were leaders in radical Islam such as the Grand Mufti ( the highest official of religious law in a Sunni or Ibadi Muslim country), Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin el-Husseini (more shared here, here, here and here )---more shared at Haj Amin Al-Husseini - Nazi collaborator and model for today's Islamists - Militant Islam Monitor andHitler's Mufti | Catholic Answers. There was a good documentary one of the messianic leaders of my fellowship showed me when we did a study on Islam/the dangers to be aware of.....and it was interesting seeing the hate that hate produces:

Granted, other Grand Muftis of today have denounced violence on multiple fronts (more here, here, here and here )--although it is still a serious issue to see others proclaimign violence. Palestinian Grand Mufti shocked Israel when it came to Fatah’s Muhammad Hussein urging killing Jews...(more here , here and here /here)..and sadly, many assume that anti-semitism agaisnt the Jewish people by radical Muslims is an indicator that all Arabs are the same way---and that is an error that has grave consequences when it comes to ignoring the many Arabs (be it Arab Christians or non-believing Arabs ) who've NEVER supported things done by the Grand Mufti during the time of Hitler.

I grieve for the many ways Arabs who've been working with Jews/having solid relationship and interaction are harmed whenever it comes to extremists doing things in the names of Arabs---and it sadly muddies things up, especially as it concerns the ways many Jews have been actively fighting on behalf of peace/reconcilliation for Jews and Arabs collectively

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
An enemy of Jesus is defined as anyone who doesn't want Jesus ruling over them (through Christian nations).

Well, I certainly don't want Jesus ruling over me through Christian nations, given the kinds of Christians I see who support that sort of thing.

So, who's coming to kill me, interpreter?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by TLK Valentine
As a nonbeliever, I could be considered an "enemy of Jesus" -- should I be killed?
An enemy of Jesus is defined as anyone who doesn't want Jesus ruling over them (through Christian nations).
That is what I read also :bow:

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary
JESUS AND PAUL VS THE ENEMIES OF JESUS AND THE CROSS

Rom 11:28
As regards the gospel, they[Jews] are enemies for your sake.
But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers.
Phl 3:18
For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ.
1Co 15:25
For He must reign until he has put all His enemies under His feet.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

Luke 19:
41 And as He nears being aware the City He laments upon Her
42 saying "that if thou knew and thou even indeed in the day, this, the toward Peace of thee, now yet it was Hid from thy eyes.
43 That shall be arriving days upon thee and thy enemies shall be casting up a siege-work to thee and shall be encompassing thee and pressing thee every which place.

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover.
At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival and the city was at this time crowded with Jewish strangers...........

Reve 14:8

And another Messenger, second-one follows saying "She falls, She falls, Babylon the Great, the out of the wine of the fury of the fornication of her she has given to drink all the nations".

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Well, I certainly don't want Jesus ruling over me through Christian nations, given the kinds of Christians I see who support that sort of thing.

So, who's coming to kill me, interpreter?
If you live in a Christian nation, and you resist being ruled by that Christian nation, you will surely die.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you live in a Christian nation, and you resist being ruled by that Christian nation, you will surely die.

Good thing that we live in a secular republic.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, yeah... heard that before -- so who's going to carry it out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by interpreter
Umm, perhaps the Jesuits?

If they are still around........

10 FACTS You Must Know About The Jesuits!

The Society of Jesus, more commonly referred to as the Jesuits, are the armed militia of the Roman Catholic Church.
They were sanctioned in 1540 by Pope Paul III with one mandate: to defeat Protestantism and regain global Papal rule. To achieve this monumental task, they employ ever-adapting methods of pseudo-education, social programs, infiltration, and all wickedness that could possibly be conceived.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

In our modern, industrialised world, most likely cancer or a heart disease.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,710.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Wow, that was fast.

Well, no. It's an article from 2013.

Quite recent though. Doubt they have changed their policies in one year.

Arming the Kurds is courting disaster. Supporting them in their fight is a different matter.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The majority of US voters profess to being Christians, and the majority rules, so the US is a Christian nation.

Sorry, that's not how the laws are written. Perhaps your should work on changing that, surely a repeal of the first amendment should not be that hard?

Upvote 0