Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They've also spread to Lebanon.

Yes they are in Lebanon now

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/world/middleeast/isis-lebanon-syria.html?_r=0

ISIS extends control into Lebanon, threatens 500,000 with captured Iraqi dam « Hot Air

And also there was an attack in Tripoli Lebanon also. It seems that they have an appeal across the whole Sunni Arab world.

They have also taken Iraqs largest Hydroelectric dam north of Mosul and could withhold water or flood with this or simply destroy it

Sunni insurgents 'seize Iraq's biggest dam' in defeat for Kurdish forces | World news | theguardian.com

One irony here is that if they reach any further towards Israels Northern border Hezbollah and Israel and indeed even Hamas may be fighting on the same side against them. That is if they can glance up long enough from their bickering to notice the machetes aimed at their heads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
The last reports I read suggest the Peshmerga retain control of the dam. We have to hope that remains the case.

It's Satan's media. It will never care.
The BBC is a mouthpiece of Satan?!

Upvote 0

MasterRich

Jesus Saved me on Easter Day! 03/04/2010
Mar 22, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland UK
Visit site
✟20,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
All this shows to me is that militias just don't cut it against an organised opponent, a thing that has been true since ancient times.

Although I once held a bridge in Medieval 2 with just a bunch of Venetian Spear Militia and Pavise Crossbow Men against a far superior foe. But I had a Carrocio, so that helped.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
The Leftist media and UN are concerned about Yazidis but could not care less about Christians

BBC News - UN alarm over fate of Iraqi Yazidi children
You make this kind of comment a lot. I find it very distasteful that you care so much more for human beings who share a very specific belief with you than with those human beings who don't.

There are a group of Yazidis in a very desperate situation right now, facing a much more imminent threat than any similar sized group of Christians. 50,000 of them may not survive the month. It is quite right that the media focus on their plight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Blessedj01

Maynard Keenan said:
good to see reporting / action but I don't think your claim that the asylum is just for Christians and that they aren't paying attention to other groups is true.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The thing of it is, we should be providing Military Air Support to the Iraqi Kurds. Seriously, they are about the only group in Iraq that has a competitent armed forces (aside from the radical jihadists) atm...

It isn't like the other Middle Eastern Countries are going to complain about us bombing ISIS. Seriously they threatened to blow up Mecca, and even Al Qaeda thinks this group is nuts. The Kurds have been an ally of the United States for about 2 decades... This should be a no-brainer.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status