Visit site
✟20,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just hope we aren't getting played. It feels like we are.

So do I, i have this feeling where they want ISIS to spread and then Israel will be outnumbered. Can't see this getting better...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We didn't make ISIS but we did help to create the situation. However now we are trying to wash our hands of it and sitting back while the Iraqi government appears powerless to stop them. Collectively we want to do nothing and that wont help.
IMHO, I think we need to have a lot of caution on the matter even after it seems we've "officially" decided to intervene in the matter/addressing it.

Currently, I am thankful for the ways the president has gotten involved in the situation:

For more reference on the nuances involved in the Iraqi situation that preceded where things are at today, one can go to 27 maps that explain the crisis in Iraq | vox.com - very good resource as it concerns understanding more the background behind what's happening in the ISIS and Iraq....and possible factors being considered by the U.S

Obama authorizes Iraq airstrikes (HD) - YouTube

Of course, it is interesting to see how things have developed - for Considering some of the facts on what was considered months ago, it is sad to see where some of the problems arising have been developed by us and were not realized (as noted best in Arming ISIS in Syria - then Bombing them later in Iraq? << Anti-War ).

With Iraq, it is hard not to notice where the actions done with authorizing the bombs in Iraq should also be done in places where ISIS has also been doing damage of the same level (as in Syria - despite where that could also lead to more U.S intervening in order to advance its own reach into those places....already strategic locations for a host of reasons). As another noted wisely in ISIS Iraq Offensive: Can the Empire Reassert Control of the Jihadists? | Black Agenda Report :

“How can the U.S. bomb ISIS jihadists in Iraq and not bomb them in Syria?” The contradictions of the West’s reliance on Muslim fundamentalist jihadis to do their dirty work have become acute with the ISIS blitzkrieg in Iraq. Despite its vast weaponry, the U.S. cannot control events on the ground if their jihadist gunmen pursue their own objectives, which are ultimately antithetical to imperialism.​

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting post, gxg. Thankyou.
Thanks and glad to know it blessed you, although which one were you mentioning in specific if I may ask?

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Gxg (G²) said:
Thanks and glad to know it blessed you, although which one were you mentioning in specific if I may ask?
The big one. I just had a thought, I think basically we as the public are pretty much ignorant about what goes on in the world. The truth is, the world is not at peace. It never was, especially so after WW1. That war never truly ended and we live from day to day within the relative safety of our empires while the war carries on economically, ideologically, militarily, politically, etc. The entire world is in a struggle and peace is an illusion for the comparatively rich to enjoy. Our governments can say one thing and do another and we would not know, we are always just given a narrative that is handed down through the media. The only reason we cooperate is to prosper for a time, then we go back to fighting. And the Middle East is the centre of the chessboard.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They already were and are.

The thousands of casualties, the better part of a decade and a trillion dollars is well more then our share, time for someone else to start picking up the tab.

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Desk trauma said:
The thousands of casualties, the better part of a decade and a trillion dollars is well more then our share, time for someone else to start picking up the tab.

It doesn't work like that. It never has . You either influence the world or the world influences you. The world is too small to hide in the corner with your toys.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't work like that.

Except it can, and in my view, should. The interests of the US are in no way served by dumping blood and treasure into that black hole.

The world is too small to hide in the corner with your toys.

I see, so when is your nation going to start picking up the butcher bill and going into 13 figure debt for a fictitious country?

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Desk trauma said:
Except it can, and in my view, should. The interests of the US are in no way served by dumping blood and treasure into that black hole. I see, so when is your nation going to start picking up the butcher bill and going into 13 figure debt for a fictitious country?

Didn't work in WW2, won't work now either. Sooner or later the problem blows up on your doorstep (literally). Think Pearl Harbour, 9/11.

My nation is just as involved as any. If it thinks it can carry on inside a hermetic bubble it is seriously deluded too. The world is connected and you can do nothing without consideration for destabilisation overseas. Look at how Russia is affecting us a whole world away. Look at how China and India affect us economically.

There's no such thing as an island paradise free from concern about the rest of the world.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by MasterRich
Two US fighter jets drop bombs on Islamist militants after Barack Obama vowed to protect Americans and prevent a "genocide".

US Strikes ISIS Artillery In Northern Iraq
In other words, the 4th horseman is dropping 100 pound "hailstones" on the 7th head of the beast.
Possible.
But I and many others believe Revelation 14 is symbolizing the stones being catapulted by the Romans during the siege and attack on Jerusalem in AD 70, as prophecied by JESUS and the OT Prophets :angel:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7354592/#post58827770
Reve 16 and Great Hail question

John 10:33
Answered Him, the Judeans saying, "about a good work not we are Stoning Thee, but about blasphemy, and that Thou being a man are making thyself a god ".

Reve 16:21
And great Hail, as a talent-weight, is descending out of the Heaven upon the men.
And the men blaspheme the God out of the blow of the Hail, that great is the blow of it/her, tremendous.

Great hail weighing one talent is said to fall upon men there (Revelation 16:21).
Josephus tells of the Roman catapults being used to cast whitewashed boulders over the walls of Jerusalem and they each weighed one talent.

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

As a consequence, the legions were able to build their redoubts almost without any trouble; soon, their catapults started to throw heavy stones into the City.
Under cover of this artillery fire, the Roman soldiers could start to bash the northern wall with their battering-rams.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One of the larger problems is they got US weapons they took from Iraqi soldiers, apparently there are some Abrahms tanks in there. There isn't anything short of the t-90 in production that can take down the Abrahms, and it resists pretty much all small arms fire. A few of those and ISIS can run rampant. Not even hellfire missiles are a guaranteed knockout on one of those.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
One of the larger problems is they got US weapons they took from Iraqi soldiers, apparently there are some Abrahms tanks in there. There isn't anything short of the t-90 in production that can take down the Abrahms, and it resists pretty much all small arms fire. A few of those and ISIS can run rampant. Not even hellfire missiles are a guaranteed knockout on one of those.

If you can knock out on of the tank's tracks, you've essentially immobilized it...

Btw, tanks tend to be very vulnerable from attacks that come from the air. My concern would be surface to air missiles, if ISIS doesn't have those or we have an effective counter for those missiles, then quite frankly those Abrahm tanks are essentially target practice...

Seriously, the Abrahms may be able to take a hit from a Hellfire missile, I doubt it could take hits from multiple Hellfire missiles (aircraft that carry Hellfire missiles tend to carry more than one missile).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Vylo
If you can knock out on of the tank's tracks, you've essentially immobilized it...

Btw, tanks tend to be very vulnerable from attacks that come from the air. My concern would be surface to air missiles, if ISIS doesn't have those or we have an effective counter for those missiles, then quite frankly those Abrahm tanks are essentially target practice...

Seriously, the Abrahms may be able to take a hit from a Hellfire missile, I doubt it could take hits from multiple Hellfire missiles (aircraft that carry Hellfire missiles tend to carry more than one missile).
LLoJ's church tank is impervious to any kind of weapons, as it has a divine force field, and armor of God around it.

And.... instead of shooting shells, it shoots out Bible tracts and pipes out Christian music to the heathens in the Mid East.

ChurchTankGI_t250.jpg

Kellys Heroes 1970 Tank Tunnel Attack - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,680.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
LLoJ's church tank is impervious to any kind of weapons, as it has a divine force field, and armor of God around it.

And.... instead of shooting shells, it shoots out Bible tracts and pipes out Christian music to the heathens in the Mid East.

ChurchTankGI_t250.jpg

I'm sure that's against the geneva conventions.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
LLoJ's church tank is impervious to any kind of weapons, as it has a divine force field, and armor of God around it.​

I'm sure that's against the geneva conventions.
Has ISIS ever heard of that?

I follow the law of Christ...Islam follows the laws of Muhammed and the Quran, the Jews follow the law of the Torah and Talmud.

John 19:
10 Pilate therefore saith to Him, `To me dost Thou not speak?
hast Thou not known that I have authority to crucify Thee and I have authority to release Thee?'
11 Jesus answered, "thou wouldest have no authority against Me, if it were not having been given thee from above.
Because of this, he who is delivering Me up to thee hath greater sin.'

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

While the significance of this seemingly pointless detail has been neglected by scholars throughout the centuries, you can be certain that it did not escape the notice of the Pharisees and scribes to which Yeshua was speaking. They thoroughly knew their history and were extremely proud of their heritage.
Yeshua wanted those self-righteous Pharisees to know exactly who he was referring to with this parable.
This detail cements the identity of the rich man as the House of Judah, the Jews!.......................

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Yeah, we can take them out with air strikes, but the ground forces they have been fighting have not been as lucky until now. It's fine to say you can take out the tracks, but good luck getting close enough to do it.

This is why it is a good thing we are calling in air strikes, if we can neutralize their armor, which tends to be vulnerable to air power, the kurds and other groups can likely push ISIS back with superior numbers. Up until now though, the firepower has been on ISIS's side.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Vylo
One of the larger problems is they got US weapons they took from Iraqi soldiers, apparently there are some Abrahms tanks in there. There isn't anything short of the t-90 in production that can take down the Abrahms, and it resists pretty much all small arms fire.

A few of those and ISIS can run rampant. Not even hellfire missiles are a guaranteed knockout on one of those.
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL

Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
ChurchTankGI_t250.jpg

25r30wi.gif
That's one of the coolest lookin' things I've have ever seen!
25r30wi.gif
:)

I out bid the Pope on it.
He had to settle for a much inferior model............

steve.breen.pope.mobile.gif

Upvote 0