Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paul is not elevated above all the other authors inspired by God to write... and he should be interpreted based on all of it together. In other words, we don't interpret the bible through the eyes of Paul, we interpret Paul through the eyes of the entire bible collectively.

You want to give me "so much more info that is out there?" I can say the same. Do you want me to show you how his commission is really a call to find the lost sheep of the House of Israel... which is where the weight of messiah's mission was placed? (see Matthew 15:24 and Matthew 10:5-6) Do you want me to show you some cultural context that I am certain you have never heard about that Paul is actually writing about? No... you don't... because your mind is made up. Well, I see a rabbi in Paul where you see a Christian. I see a Feast keeping follower of Yeshua, and you see a guy who said the commandments were not for today. You and I can walk away in respect, but we won't be able to even have this discussion, sadly.

Blessings,
Ken

Fair enough.....God bless

• Friendly
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We absolutely are to magnify Paul's office.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify mine office

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another builder thereon.

1 Timothy 1:15,16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul had mystery information that was kept secret and only revealed by him:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest,

God tells us to rightly divide in 2 Timothy 2:15, not to just blend it all together. When Jesus said I came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel that's what he meant. He wouldn't even talk to the gentile woman that had a daughter who was greviously vexed with a devil. He told his disciples go not into the way of the Gentiles. If we were living at that time we would be Gentiles so how is that supposed to be our doctrine? When Jesus was with the rich young ruler did he tell him you're saved by grace apart from works of the law? No, because he was a circumcised Jew who was under the law at that time. The Bible must be rightly divided and that starts by recognizing that Paul is your Apostle, and the doctrine specifically to you is in Romans through Philemon.

I am way too busy riding the Harley to devote a lot of time here.....lol.....thanks for doing the leg- work I am too busy and , God forgive me, too lazy to do.Thanks and God bless!

Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did a personal study of Romans 1 to 8 once and I was absolutely blown away by the 'Law' and how the believer delights in the perfect law of God. I encourage everyone to go and study these chapters for themselves, verse by verse, it was absolute revelation and I was smiling all day long!
You can also find the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the 10 commandments (Genesis 20).

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Could the Gospel be the worst news ever. Could the Gospel be the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. It sort of depends. If works salvation is the Gospel it is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. With works salvation you have to do good works to earn your way into heaven. Even with those who don't call themselves works salvation but believe you can loose your salvation you still have to perform in order to obtain salvation. Either groups have no assurance what so ever that they are going to heaven. There is no scripture that states what sin will take away your salvation or how much good works will grant you entrance into heaven.

So both these groups are doing nothing but hoping that they have been good enough. So I guess there is some spiritual measuring cup and you better get it filled up before you die because if not, all your commitment to God will be of no use. So you lived a wasted life. The ones who lived in the worst sin and you will all end up in the same place. On the other hand you could have won millions to Jesus but just before dieing you for emotional reasons fell into sin and then died. So when Jesus meets you he says great job, you are one of the few who did so much for the Gospel but in the last few years of your life you went the wrong direction so go to hell.

Oh yes, what a gospel. The gospel of no love, because real love is unconditional. The gospel of performance, if you are not as good as so and so go to hell. Most work salvationist I have meet usually are also against prosperity. So, the gospel is the gospel of poverty and you are suppose to rejoice in it. Yet they themselves are not living in poverty. The gospel is the gospel of disease. Yet these people run to the doctor to get out of God's will.

This gospel is the worst thing in the world. It is nothing more than a great evil tease. It makes a claim of paradise for ever but only if you some how endure to the end, yet not knowing if you ever did enough until its too late. It is also a bias gospel because only those who have had a good childhood or had good opportunities in life can really mature to the level of doing all the good works required. So if you have had a hard life or life just did not seem to work out for you and you have mental issues then sucks to be you. If you live in poverty or just barely getting along, sucks to be you because all you can do is just enough to survive or your not able to do enough to measure up to the works required to enter heaven.

The gospel of works or insecurity is the biggest hypocrisy ever. It favors only the well off or those whose life has worked out for them. And even to that group there is no security because there is no guideline as to what it takes to enter heaven. Who ever really lives like that. No one but the mentally insane live in such insecurity. It is a mental illness if you can't stop looking over your shoulder because you are so insecure. And that is the gospel of the insecure.

What makes this gospel even so hypocritical is those who believe in it never think they are at any risk at all. Its always someone else. How much more prideful can you be. They are walking around claiming to be basically perfect. Interesting it was the sinner, not the upright religious person who Jesus said after they finished praying, that walked away justified. The one who did not do enough, but admitted how wrong he was.

God said the real Gospel is a gift so no one can boast, but works salvation or living good to stay saved is nothing more than a gospel of self boasting. Contrary to some belief, self boasting is not always about verbally boasting but these people walk around with an attitude of look at me, I am so good.

Every which way I turn this gospel it is disgusting. A gospel of poverty, disease, insecurity and no real love(just a pretense of love). Even these people would never marry another person with the traits of the insecure salvation. Yeah go up to someone and say, I am interested in you but I have a list of things you have to perform to please me, and I will only love you as long as you keep these things. And if the person would ask how much, the response is I won't tell you, you will just have to guess at it. But at anytime if you don't perform good enough I will dump you. Also I just might make you live in poverty for my own reasons or I might get some terrible disease and put it on you. Just know what ever evil thing I do to you its for your good.

Ha ha - no one would ever marry that kind of person. In fact society would want to lock that person up in jail forever. But when its God its okay. Because we can use the most hypocritical phrase in existence, well Gods ways is higher than ours and we just cant understand this sick god. What a lot of rubbish. With what all Jesus suffered and to say what he did was not fully enough is a slap in Jesus face.

Thank God that the real Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news. To say good news is an understatement. The Gospel is extremely amazing and wonderful good news. Because God loves you unconditionally and saves you unconditionally because God is love and love could do no less.

Faith is an inseparable measure of the things we believe and the things we do. To say works is not needed in faith is irresponsible as it is a core ingredient to faith but it must act with belief. Even at it's simplest level one must respond to the gospel as a result of their belief, but if you don't respond the belief is incomplete. Paul tells us, "if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." this is the fusion of works and belief as Paul tells us both believe and confess.

• Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We absolutely are to magnify Paul's office.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify mine office

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another builder thereon.

1 Timothy 1:15,16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Paul had mystery information that was kept secret and only revealed by him:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest,

God tells us to rightly divide in 2 Timothy 2:15, not to just blend it all together. When Jesus said I came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel that's what he meant. He wouldn't even talk to the gentile woman that had a daughter who was greviously vexed with a devil. He told his disciples go not into the way of the Gentiles. If we were living at that time we would be Gentiles so how is that supposed to be our doctrine? When Jesus was with the rich young ruler did he tell him you're saved by grace apart from works of the law? No, because he was a circumcised Jew who was under the law at that time. The Bible must be rightly divided and that starts by recognizing that Paul is your Apostle, and the doctrine specifically to you is in Romans through Philemon.
If Paul says, "I magnify my office," that doesn't mean you exalt a "man." As for the rest... my gosh... the idea of "rightly dividing the word of truth" means what to you? I will tell you what it means to me... it means you stand in the middle between all the information available. You don't hide from things you don't understand, you don't ignore things because they currently stand outside your bias. It means you literally stand in the middle, you take in ALL information and weigh it out and then divide it. But when done... you should be able to argue for the point you rejected because you understood it well enough to differentiate it from the truth. The modern idea of arguing for the opposing case in law schools.... comes out of that same practice in Pharisaical schools... law (God's law) schools.....where one would have to argue for the position that stood against the truth. Why? So that he could be understand, appreciate, AND DEFEND the right answer.

• Agree
Reactions: Vicomte13
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Could the Gospel be the worst news ever. Could the Gospel be the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. It sort of depends. If works salvation is the Gospel it is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. With works salvation you have to do good works to earn your way into heaven. Even with those who don't call themselves works salvation but believe you can loose your salvation you still have to perform in order to obtain salvation. Either groups have no assurance what so ever that they are going to heaven. There is no scripture that states what sin will take away your salvation or how much good works will grant you entrance into heaven.

So both these groups are doing nothing but hoping that they have been good enough. So I guess there is some spiritual measuring cup and you better get it filled up before you die because if not, all your commitment to God will be of no use. So you lived a wasted life. The ones who lived in the worst sin and you will all end up in the same place. On the other hand you could have won millions to Jesus but just before dieing you for emotional reasons fell into sin and then died. So when Jesus meets you he says great job, you are one of the few who did so much for the Gospel but in the last few years of your life you went the wrong direction so go to hell.

Oh yes, what a gospel. The gospel of no love, because real love is unconditional.
So I assume that you mean to say that, due to unconditional love, none are lost, all are saved? Otherwise those predestined to hell would get an even shorter end of the stick than those who merely "worked" their way there, due to choices, let alone the elect. The truth is that it's a level playing field with God-all at least have the chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eric Abbott

Dec 8, 2016
Texas
Visit site
✟13,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Biblically, the term “gospel” refers to the good news that Jesus is Lord of the world. While eternal life through Jesus is good, nay fantabulous, news, it is not really what Paul is referring to when he used the term “gospel”.

The gospel is the announcement of a new King, not a statement about “going to heaven when we die”.
Which passage of Paul are you referring to in this context? There are many times when Paul speaks of salvation and being with Jesus when you die. | But you could be correct depending on which verse/passage you are referring to.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Great video....thanks....listened to several more.....I have subscribed to the you tube thingy.....I live pretty close to Jackson Ohio where apparently one of their stations is located.... I would love to find a church nearby that teaches the truth like they do.....thanks again

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,966.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Oh yes, what a gospel. The gospel of no love, because real love is unconditional. The gospel of performance, if you are not as good as so and so go to hell. Most work salvationist I have meet usually are also against prosperity. So, the gospel is the gospel of poverty and you are suppose to rejoice in it. Yet they themselves are not living in poverty. The gospel is the gospel of disease. Yet these people run to the doctor to get out of God's will.

This gospel is the worst thing in the world. It is nothing more than a great evil tease. It makes a claim of paradise for ever but only if you some how endure to the end, yet not knowing if you ever did enough until its too late. It is also a bias gospel because only those who have had a good childhood or had good opportunities in life can really mature to the level of doing all the good works required. So if you have had a hard life or life just did not seem to work out for you and you have mental issues then sucks to be you. If you live in poverty or just barely getting along, sucks to be you because all you can do is just enough to survive or your not able to do enough to measure up to the works required to enter heaven.

The gospel of works or insecurity is the biggest hypocrisy ever. It favors only the well off or those whose life has worked out for them. And even to that group there is no security because there is no guideline as to what it takes to enter heaven. Who ever really lives like that. No one but the mentally insane live in such insecurity. It is a mental illness if you can't stop looking over your shoulder because you are so insecure. And that is the gospel of the insecure.

What makes this gospel even so hypocritical is those who believe in it never think they are at any risk at all. Its always someone else. How much more prideful can you be. They are walking around claiming to be basically perfect. Interesting it was the sinner, not the upright religious person who Jesus said after they finished praying, that walked away justified. The one who did not do enough, but admitted how wrong he was.

God said the real Gospel is a gift so no one can boast, but works salvation or living good to stay saved is nothing more than a gospel of self boasting. Contrary to some belief, self boasting is not always about verbally boasting but these people walk around with an attitude of look at me, I am so good.

Every which way I turn this gospel it is disgusting. A gospel of poverty, disease, insecurity and no real love(just a pretense of love). Even these people would never marry another person with the traits of the insecure salvation. Yeah go up to someone and say, I am interested in you but I have a list of things you have to perform to please me, and I will only love you as long as you keep these things. And if the person would ask how much, the response is I won't tell you, you will just have to guess at it. But at anytime if you don't perform good enough I will dump you. Also I just might make you live in poverty for my own reasons or I might get some terrible disease and put it on you. Just know what ever evil thing I do to you its for your good.

Ha ha - no one would ever marry that kind of person. In fact society would want to lock that person up in jail forever. But when its God its okay. Because we can use the most hypocritical phrase in existence, well Gods ways is higher than ours and we just cant understand this sick god. What a lot of rubbish. With what all Jesus suffered and to say what he did was not fully enough is a slap in Jesus face.

Thank God that the real Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news. To say good news is an understatement. The Gospel is extremely amazing and wonderful good news. Because God loves you unconditionally and saves you unconditionally because God is love and love could do no less.

The truth is: Faith in Christ demands obedience. To believe in Jesus in one side of the coin, the other side is obedience. Both are needed for salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The truth is: Faith in Christ demands obedience. To believe in Jesus in one side of the coin, the other side is obedience. Both are needed for salvation.

Wrong coin....Paul’s Gospel is what saves today.Jesus told Paul to tell us that.It is what you are going to be asked about. The correct coin to enter the Body of Christ would say on one side....”Christ died for YOUR sins”. The other side would say “ He rose from the dead on the third day”
Simply believing that guarantees salvation.Add to it with works of any kind and you are “accursed”

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With works salvation you have to do good works to earn your way into heaven.
Yes, the works of the Law do not save us from hell when we die. Only faith/trust/belief in Jesus Christ will save us from hell when we die = be resurrected or raptured by God/Jesus.
....... But most of us are yet to die when we believed, and the works of the Law do save us from a sad and short life on earth before we die.(DEUT.28)
....... Will a convicted Christian murderer on Death Row in USA be saved.?

Problem is, Hyper-Grace teachers deem the works of the Law as demonic or non-Christian, resulting in some ignorant Christians falsely believing that they have the license to sin and yet will still be saved from hell through faith/grace when they die. In truth, such foolish Christian sinners/evildoers/law-breakers are in grave danger of losing their faith and salvation when they are suffering the curses of God for their willful sins/evil-deeds, eg MATTHEW.7:21-23, JOB.2:9, 1COR.5:5 & 6:9-11 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-19.

I do not think that God will look too kindly or lovingly at foolish Christians who willfully "go and sin some more" after coming to the knowledge of Christ.(cf; JOHN.5:14 & 8:11, HEBREWS.10:26-31)

MATTHEW.7: = I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with that, but c'mon man, most clickbait-y title ever :D

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Could the Gospel be the worst news ever. Could the Gospel be the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. It sort of depends. If works salvation is the Gospel it is the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. With works salvation you have to do good works to earn your way into heaven.

And all would fail.

By contrast - in the actual Bible Christ's Gospel teaches "by their fruits you shall know them" Matt 7 evil fruit does not come from a good tree. The saved person produces "good fruit" one of which being "perseverance" in doing God as Romans 2 points out.

Creative writing notwithstanding ... :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would be naive to think you can receive eternal life by doing bad works. Jesus said a tree is known by its fruit. You can not get raspberries from poison ivy, even though poison ivy is also a vine.

Matthew 7:15-20 (WEB)
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. 16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit.18 A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

During the night of Jesus' interrogation at the house of the high priest, Peter denied three times that he knew Jesus, then a rooster crowed. Dawn was approaching and they were going to execute Jesus. Jesus forgave Peter. Peter later endured imprisonment in Jerusalem and according to tradition execution in Rome. If God loves you, God will teach you to do good works.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It would be naive to think you can receive eternal life by doing bad works. Jesus said a tree is known by its fruit. You can not get raspberries from poison ivy, even though poison ivy is also a vine.

True. The saints will not be "taking God's name in vain all the way to the kingdom".

Romans 2
. 2 And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. 3 But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who will render to each person according to his deeds: 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life; 8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, wrath and indignation. 9 There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek, 10 but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 7:15-20 (WEB)
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves. 16 By their fruits you will know them. Do you gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree produces good fruit; but the corrupt tree produces evil fruit.18 A good tree can’t produce evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that doesn’t grow good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

During the night of Jesus' interrogation at the house of the high priest, Peter denied three times that he knew Jesus, then a rooster crowed. Dawn was approaching and they were going to execute Jesus. Jesus forgave Peter. Peter later endured imprisonment in Jerusalem and according to tradition execution in Rome. If God loves you, God will teach you to do good works.

So true! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...you have ceased from your sin and have become the righteous standard for us all…

I am not claiming that I am righteous. And I think Jesus should be the standard for disciples of Jesus (“Christian”), not me.

.…Christ didn't come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance: …

That is true. But it never meant that people can continue in sin.

Upvote 0