Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I was twelve, I started a garden fight. The damage was:
- A single, relatively deep foot print in one of the lots
- A boy's chest imprinted in another lot
- Two soiled white shirts
- And one dead bean shoot (I tried to resuscitate but darn it was way too late, RIP!)

I'd rather be gardening now but gardening's ain't for bad boys like me. The devil will come by and take it all away. It was my karma for being a bad gardener!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Timewerx I take it you did this before you became a christian.

Well the John the baptist would tell you to bring forth fruits for repentance, so go find a packet of bean seeds and give them to an elder in your church who can show you how to garden.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I actually enjoy weeding, just digging those dandelions out of the ground. Down to the very roots.

Back in high school during gym class, we would play baseball outside and I would be out in the field doing weeding. I actually enjoyed this kind of gardening over sports. My gym teacher expressed concern to my mother over this, saying that I was picking flowers instead of playing sports like all the other boys in my grade.

Hah. I found out that some people use dandelions roots to make coffee. Well I never seen that or drank it cos I hate coffee. Death to dandelions!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I planted another taro yesterday...so now have three. hope they grow.

I have battles with chickens digging them up. Im sure it was them that dug up my newly planted passionfruit vine the other day and now its dead. Naughty chickens!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was thinking on gardening today how we spend a lot of time on our knees in the garden. When we work in our gardens its not only a labour of love but an act of worship.

What other place are we on our knees most of the time, caring for creation?
Where else can we hear the still small voice and experience the breath of the holy spirit?

There is something timeless about gardens that, even as the seasons change, you know when you are there and feel the peace of God.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I planted another taro yesterday...so now have three. hope they grow.

I have battles with chickens digging them up. Im sure it was them that dug up my newly planted passionfruit vine the other day and now its dead. Naughty chickens!
The little foxes also spoil the vine! :) (Song of Solomon 2.15)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Where else can we hear the still small voice and experience the breath of the holy spirit?

There is something timeless about gardens that, even as the seasons change, you know when you are there and feel the peace of God.

So true...here is a photo of some heather in our garden, it has been beautiful this year..

heather.jpg

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My friend gave me a book to read called Soul Gardening. Its about this american preacher who learns what it means to be a true gardener and sit in his garden.

It was really interesting. I dont realise that in america ppl just see gardening as hard work. They dont have a love or delight in gardening that the english do, possibly because of the climate.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My friend gave me a book to read called Soul Gardening. Its about this american preacher who learns what it means to be a true gardener and sit in his garden.
Hi Goodbook, have you got the name of the author?...it sounds very interesting...

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0