• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Flat Earth Bible

Discussion in 'Non-Mainstream and Controversial Science' started by AV1611VET, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Well-Known Member

+531
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    I mean, you believe it already happened, right?

2. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+6,697
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    +

I didn't personally see it. Those that did see it, believe it to be so. I tend t0 think so, there certainly was no other before or since it.

3. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,220
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    So you deny the reality of the Late Heavy Bombardment. Good to know.

4. mmksparbud

+6,697
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others

LOL!! A "hypothesized" event that may have occurred approx. 4 billion years ago---whether true or not ---it has no relevance to something that occurs before the 2nd coming of Jesus.

5. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,220
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    There is no doubt of a substantial bombardment. The craters on the moon, Mercury and Mars testify to that. The only hypothetical is whether this occured over a short period around 3.9 bya, or extended from the formation of the Earth until that time. Your 1833 meteor storm wouldn't even be noticed against the backdrop of that reality.

6. mmksparbud

+6,697
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Whatever your reality is---the fact that it did not occur at the predicted time in Rev. makes it irrelevant to the discussion at hand and both are not the topic of this thread.

7. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,551
    Atheist
    Wait... so what was the predicted time in Rev.? Where does it say 1833 (or equivalent)?

8. JohnEmmett

JohnEmmett Well-Known Member

+119
    United States
    Buddhist
    Celibate
    Luke 12:40

9. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,551
    Atheist
    "...in an hour that ye think not..." IOW 'unexpected' - it could be any hour in history.

I wasn't expecting much, but meh!

10. JohnEmmett

+119
    United States
    Buddhist
    Celibate
    Just like natural disasters.

11. mmksparbud

+6,697
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others

Need to get off this topic, it is off topic!

Now you're being......... Of course there is no such date in the bible!! It is listed as a sign that occurs before the 2nd coming of Jesus!! That just happens to be the most heavy, display of falling stars, (meteors)

Its hourly rate is an impressive 50 to 60 meteors per hour. A few Arieotds may be seen each year just before sunrise. Because of the effects of perspective, the meteors from meteor showers appear to radiate from one point in the sk.
    Here's what to expect. On their peak night, which occurs overnight on Tuesday (April 21) and into the early hours of Wednesday (April 22), as many as 10 to 20 meteors per hour may be visible under dark, clear skies. ... The peak usually lasts for just a few hours.
    The Leonid meteor storm was seen across the United States in the night and early morning of November 12th and 13th, 1833. Those who were awake to witness the storm were in awe as between 50,000 and 150,000 meteors fell each hour.

This is not date setting for the 2nd coming. It is one of the signs of His 2nd coming. That date is the heaviest display of falling meteors---I was not saying that this is THE one that the bible is talking about----it is certainly the heaviest display. Something that possibly occurred 4 billions years ago certainly doesn't qualify for a sign that is to occur before the return of Jesus.

This is more than enough time spend on this---it happened, it is documented, it is one of the signs not THE SIGN. Will there be a heavier one? maybe. I will make no further comments on this!! I do not wish to be accused of being responsible for this thread shutting down!!

12. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,243
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The predicted time in revelation would be at the return of The Messiah at the end of the tribulation. But what many (christians) do not believe is, "that Jesus return is in two parts".

First Jesus leaves out of heaven stopping in the clouds for seven years (as the tribulation plays out) then at the end returns to fight for Israel.

The parts of the Bible stating the suddenness of the return (at an hour no one knows) is about Jesus leaving heaven to tabernacle in the clouds. This suddenness is connected to the rapture, as believers will basically in a moment of time be taken up into the clouds to meet The Messiah there. But after this event there will still be 7 years before The Messiah actually sets foot back on earth.

So she has a different view concerning these events.

13. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,551
    Atheist
    Curious? I wasn't the one that claimed something "did not occur at the predicted time in Rev."

I was just seeking clarification about just what that was supposed to mean... it turns out: nothing, apparently.

14. FrumiousBandersnatch

+6,551
    Atheist
    OK, I won't hold my breath. Seems odd to say something didn't happen at the time of an event that hasn't happened yet... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. d taylor

+2,243
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    The return of The Messiah does bring up another point.

How does all (people) of a globe earth see the return og Jesus.

“‘Look, he is coming with the clouds,’ and ‘every eye will see him, even those who pierced him’;

16. JohnEmmett

+119
    United States
    Buddhist
    Celibate
    the book was written from a time and place

they were not aware of satellite perspective

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  17. d taylor

+2,243
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    With God putting out all the lights sun, moon and stars.
    I doubt satellites will be functioning, their balloons will have popped long ago.

Noting will be allowed to interfere with the appearance of The Messiah

18. JohnEmmett

+119
    United States
    Buddhist
    Celibate
    such things are fictional, rather mythological

meant to add meaning

but not literal, it must be said

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  19. d taylor